( search forums )
new weapon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
January 16, 2005, 5:39 pm
just an idea for a new weapon
and automatic shotgun (im sure it hasn't been suggested)
of course less powerfull and a fast...and automatic
tat should make the other shotgun a lot less faster than it is right now
concl - so tat there's a weapon balance between the slow shotgun and the automatic one.

automatic shotgun:
should move a lil bid slower
is weaker
faster rate of fire
and still can push ppl immensely
old shotgun:
a lil bid faster moving (than right now)
same strength as now
bit slower rate of fire
and can also push ppl

what u think guys?

Swebonny
January 16, 2005, 5:49 pm
That automatic shot gun sound good!!

Michal
January 16, 2005, 5:52 pm
Wait for the weapons editor >:D
You can do whatever you want then.

damnnation
January 16, 2005, 6:00 pm
[IMAGE] the weap editor when it comes i go

STEELIX
January 16, 2005, 6:11 pm
Don't mess with the shotgun ;)

Judge_Man
January 16, 2005, 8:52 pm
This idea sounds useless.

We don't have 2 different nade launchers, 2 diff. sniper rifles, 2 diff. minigun. Why would we need 2 different shotgun?

Deleted User
January 16, 2005, 8:58 pm
if your thinking of the Benelli XM1014 its actally more powerfull than the spads 12

Captain Ben
January 17, 2005, 1:18 pm
does anyone actually know when the weapon editor IS being released?
tell me and i'll dance ;P

Marine
January 17, 2005, 6:58 pm
No. No. No.

Automatic shotgun=h4x.

It'd be nice to see more weapons, like, two of every weapon (i.e, AK47 and M16 next to eachother on list) with similar power, just different looks. But that will never happen, because it's unnecessary.

No.

zyxstand
March 8, 2005, 11:39 pm
actually, i came up with this idea from the game Grand Theft Auto where they have that automatic shotgun. but to put this into this game it should be weaker and faster rof and...faster too

papasurf31
March 9, 2005, 1:20 am
I noticed Judgeman failed to mention we have 4 different automatic weapons, 2 pistols, and 2 melee weapons.

I still don't like the idea though becasuse if we apply your changes, both shotgun's would be underpowered.

zyxstand
March 9, 2005, 1:23 am
well then let's make shotgun stronger if it's underpowered...
thats the idea behind weapon balance (in part)

Captain Ben
March 9, 2005, 7:27 am
well then, why'd you bring this topic back?
is it really needed?

Wopkeuh
March 9, 2005, 8:06 am
I don't think new weapons will be necessairy... The current weapons are perfectly balanced as they are...
There will allways be people who don't approve of certain weapons... I think the programmers did a perfect job
on programming... I wouldn't change a thing about the weapons/physics, maybe add some things (I loathe the idea of a weapons editor :()

Captain Ben
March 9, 2005, 10:07 am
for some reason i'd like to see a weapon editor.
but once it comes, there'll be m79 barret-hkmp5's....

Wopkeuh
March 9, 2005, 11:39 am
I hope soldat will include an extra filter, filtering out modded servers.

Keron Cyst
March 9, 2005, 3:50 pm
I tho't the idea of a ten-round Jackhammer (shotgun with the fire rate of a machine-gun) was already brought up...

Alamo
March 9, 2005, 6:11 pm
If you want a slow shotgun, click slowly.
If you want a fast shotgun, trigger.
VoilĂ 

(seriously: no.)

The Geologist
March 9, 2005, 6:24 pm
Good thinking, not needed. Learn to spas.

zambo_the_clown
March 9, 2005, 6:29 pm
Need to bring back the M4 carbine from v0.9.4, i think this weapon would be awesome in 1.2.1. Sounds would sound much more realistic. Heres what i think it would be like.

Power: Average
Reload time: same as AK
Fire rate: 13.75 rounds/sec. (actual average for rate fire in real life) but can be altered
Accuracy: little less than AK (just a little bit)
Distance: Mid-long range

Futile
March 9, 2005, 8:18 pm
[offtopic]
quote:[...]I loathe the idea of a weapons editor :()

I agree.
[/offtopic]

I would love to see a jackhammer in soldat, but I can go for pretty much anything firing shells - as long as the new weapon replace the minigun.

"My hobby is to collect shells on the beach. Look here, this is a clamshell. And this is a common seashell. But this, this is a haubitzer shell. Put it to your ear and you can hear the fall of Paris."

reckon
March 9, 2005, 9:24 pm
The only new weapon idea id like to see is a new secondary weapon.
That being a suicide bomber option.
Once enabled, instead of having a secondary or being able to pick up another wep, you can detonate all the nades you have on you. Creating a suicide bomber technique with a big boom.

kwanfei
March 12, 2005, 4:19 am
NONONO
that is no need to have 2 shotguns in the game

Captain Ben
March 12, 2005, 4:38 am
yeah, we need WAY more thatn 2 :P
i like reckon's idea, but when i suggested it, it got rejected :'(

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 12:40 am
this idea sucks ass.

Captain Ben
March 13, 2005, 1:42 am
i know! how about a blubber gun? you shoot someone and they get fat and crush everyone else!
and you can roll them down hills!!

sbu-spyvin
March 13, 2005, 3:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain Beni know! how about a blubber gun? you shoot someone and they get fat and crush everyone else!

Whahaah nice idea! :-) :) :P

kwanfei
March 13, 2005, 9:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain Beni know! how about a blubber gun? you shoot someone and they get fat and crush everyone else!

Sound fun, haha

Oh, and u can jump higher when u jump twice and u will spring back when u hit the wall because your body was just like a ball XD

zyxstand
March 13, 2005, 10:11 pm
good idea - using the automatic shotgun can help you stay in the air a bit longer. like the normal shotgun pushes you already a bit, the autmoatic can push you even more. just like to be used on top of voland in case you can't make it on the roof you can use your auto-shotgun to get you over the last piece.

kwanfei
March 13, 2005, 10:45 pm
even though, your idea of having 2 shotguns still sucks

zyxstand
March 14, 2005, 1:07 am
nice to hear YOUR opinion kwanfei...although you could've stated it much nicer. i think it's a good idea. i still like mine (duh). autmoatic shotgun is a new weapon and rather unique than some new machine gun.

Vanana
March 14, 2005, 1:24 am

Remember that soldat is supossed to use realistic weapons only...
som1 suggested befor as a reply to have a suicidal bomb as secondary, i liked that idea, if som1 whiches to post about this, feel free to do so ;)

kwanfei
March 14, 2005, 1:41 am
Well, most of the people disagree with your idea.
and one more thing, stop thinking your ideas are always better than the others and presenting your own post on the other people post, who cares about your automatic shotgun when they are taking about machine gun. If people likes your idea, they will check your post by themself

zyxstand
March 14, 2005, 1:42 am
of course I like my ideas better. i'm not saying they ARE i just thing that i need more people to consider it! don be hatin.

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 12:33 am
Hey Futile if you want a jackhammer then go to search and look under LandWarrior Mod. It has Jack hammer included in it, it's a great mod except ruger looks weird.

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 8:24 pm
suicide bomber thing is a good idea........u wuld wear a timer and it wuld b like 10 seconds........it wuld be 3 times as powerful as a nade........and just before u blow up u wuld make that noise that those terrorist make.................or u could make a timebomb.........BAHA!!!!