( search forums )
Another great thing,.,..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zarstar
January 16, 2005, 8:44 pm
I think taht the only thing that isn't in Soldat is:
The speaking!!
Have you ever played Unreal Tournament 2004??
I don't know if it is simple to create..but I think not...
however,soldat is a real-time incredible game, and it need a real-time communication!
The voice chat! In teams! Press and hold down a button and speak with your microphone! then release...it's wonderful for strategies in your team...and it can be very very very much realistic...

ZarStar

The Geologist
January 16, 2005, 9:19 pm
Here's a tip...next time just edit one of your other posts and put this suggestion in along with the rest of them. What's more, use the search function before you make a new subject...there are already programs available for people to talk in real-time, like Teamspeak.

zarstar
January 16, 2005, 9:44 pm
I know of Teamspeak, but imagine that you want to play soldat..You have first to talk to everyone to meet in teamspeak,and then play!!
It need more time, ad many many difficulties! (one leave the game, one enter..one in other team...how you can speak????)

mar77a
January 17, 2005, 1:15 am
I dont like it, the voices will bother and it's not thaaat useful...

Vijchtidoodah
January 17, 2005, 2:44 am
I don't enjoy listening to pubescent boys whine.

Ganemi
January 17, 2005, 3:24 am
Lollerskates! That was funny, OMG!
Okay, just kidding. That wasn't funny at all.
Anyway, voices wouldn't be too good for Soldat, I think.
You'd hear speaking, but you wouldn't know where it's coming from,
and it's not useful, anyway, unless you're playing CTF...
And for that you should be able to use a /bind command to say stuff,
like incoming high, low, or whatever.

zarstar
January 17, 2005, 9:19 am
You can insert in the game an option to active or disactive it..
But in a REALISTIC WAR GAME it' too useful..
Like in the CTF or in eam death match..you can always ask a cover for your team companies, or to stay back in cover with the flag that he captured...LIKE SOLDIERS WITH WALKIE TALKIE!!
It can be so real...

Have you evere played with it in Unreal Tournment 2004??

It's so exciting when you score in Capture The Flag and exult with your companies!

person
January 17, 2005, 9:27 am
It would be ok for team games I think.

What should be added is a message at the top of the screen saying "player X is saying a voice message" to players that are allowed to hear him.

like - holding tab down enables voice messaging, taking your finger off disables it.

And maybe only have it for team games where teammates can hear you; there is no need in solo deathmatch, where typing is more than useful.

NightCabbage
January 17, 2005, 10:33 am
There are external programs that do this.

The chat is one of the things that helps to make Soldat... Soldat ^^

IDF-RIPsta
January 17, 2005, 12:33 pm
Unreal Tournament 2004???
Never heard of it...

Captain Ben
January 17, 2005, 1:06 pm
sounds okay, but then there would be people constantly spamming and screaming into their microphones, etc.
other issues would be things like background music interfering with the chat.
i like the idea but people would find a way to piss others off.
but besides that im all for it!
but i agree with ripsta: what is unreal tournament 2004?

Judge_Man
January 17, 2005, 1:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by IDF-RIPstaUnreal Tournament 2004???
Never heard of it...

Hmmmmm if that's serious, you should leave your hole and check what's new in the gaming world?

If it's sarcasm, well so be it.

Liber_Lupus
January 17, 2005, 2:02 pm
Suggested and I don't want it. it would be annoying, people talking in diffrent languages. I already suffer it in cs.

zarstar
January 17, 2005, 3:26 pm
People can't speak differents languages???
Oh my god...it' so difficult to say: DEFENSE! COVER ME! COVER THE FLAG!
RUN TO THE BASE! ....

With external programs it's impossible to manage it!

Don't you know Unreal Tournment 2004?? I discovered the Voice Chat here! and with the capture the flag it was so wonderful!! And it is slower than soldat!

If anyone don't want it, need a button in the options that disactive it!

at the last, when you hold the button to speak, music is off...you speak, than you release button and all return normal!

Play Unreal Tournament 2004...only playing with it you can know how is it useful in Multiplayer Online Game..especially in real time like soldat!

DeMonIc
January 17, 2005, 3:31 pm
I'd like to state that there is a taunts.txt file in the soldat folder.Use it wisely.

Voice chat is a bad idea since Ventriloo and TS are more obvious and better choices in this matter, since you'll probably want to hear only meaningful things, not random "OMFG PWNED"-s from someone you don't know.

zarstar
January 17, 2005, 4:03 pm
I think only that a real-time chat it's an ideal thing for a real-time game...
It's more realistic and more enjoying..it's all..and who don't like it don't use it..but I think that the most part of Soldat players will like it....

I tried it in UT2004,and it was really wonderful...Soldat is also a strategic game (in team modes)...and it's all...

murakumo32
January 18, 2005, 1:08 am
i have a question zarstar. do you have an xbox? if you do, do you have xbox live? if you do do you have games like halo 2? if you do, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE ANNOYING VOICES OF LITTLE KIDS? THEY SOUND LIKE GIRLS!

Spectral
January 18, 2005, 1:11 am
taunts are enough

Captain Ben
January 18, 2005, 6:08 am
quote:Originally posted by murakumo32i have a question zarstar. do you have an xbox? if you do, do you have xbox live? if you do do you have games like halo 2? if you do, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE ANNOYING VOICES OF LITTLE KIDS? THEY SOUND LIKE GIRLS!

oh so true

zarstar
January 18, 2005, 11:33 am
Sorry, I don't know it...

I've played only UT2004 with real-time voices and I haven't these problems...

However, I think that:
1) Xbox live is played much more for kids...Soldat is played much more for boys!
2) If in the option (or in the game) there is an option that you can disactive the real time voices (also for the low-speed connections) it's resolved for all don't want it..
3) The programmer can do that while a soldier is speaking he take in his hand a radiotransmitter, so he can't shoot while he's speaking, and while take and takeout the radiotransmitter pass a half-second..So when you are speaking is easy to kill you, and so you speak only (or I hope) for say something really important!

What do you think about that?

IDF-RIPsta
January 18, 2005, 1:10 pm
Boys / Kids.. I don't see the difference...

zarstar
January 18, 2005, 3:17 pm
I don't think persons with an age bigger speak unuseful..however, you'll can disactive it..

PS:
When I posted this topic I didn't know the existence of taunts!