( search forums )
Game Suggestions Forum
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
m00`
January 16, 2005, 11:53 pm
I think when making a topic it shouldn't get posted until moderated, but when posting they dont need to get moderated, this would stop lame/already-posted suggestions going through, and there wouldnt people saying "OMG LIEK USE TEH SEARCH" I think b00sta and Meandor would make perfect moderaters there :]

Oh and I dont think the clan recruitment section needs posts/topics to be moderated...

Deleted User
January 17, 2005, 12:10 am
The Need Help? Report Bugs! section already has that feature, m00`. New topics are posted immediately, while replies have to be moderated. I'm not sure, but I think a few others do as well.

m00`
January 17, 2005, 12:19 am
I know that "Need Help? Report Bugs!" section has this feature and so does clan recruitment section, but the game improvements section needs it too, but only for posting topics, replies should be posted immediately though..

b00stA
January 17, 2005, 4:13 pm
This has been mentioned some time ago and there were people complaining about the "abuse" that might come with this (like generally rejecting certain ideas).

I was for moderating the topics, but I'm not that sure anymore since I pretty much stopped reading most of the suggestions anyway.

DNA.styx
January 17, 2005, 4:38 pm
Yes it would be up to the forum mod as to how they want to run their forum. I can set it up any-which-way for them (I think they can do the same as well).

Meandor
January 17, 2005, 6:23 pm
I think we should ask Michal as far as it regards the suggestions forum. Because while some say more threads should be locked and post deleted, some others complain about it.
And yes Styx, i can set it moderated replies only.

NightCabbage
January 18, 2005, 3:05 am
Heh, sounds like you've had some upgrades since I was here last Styx ;)

ey - I would probably say that instead of needing to be moderated, any topics that have been posted a lot before, or are stupid (lol) should just get tagged to be deleted.

Perhaps it would be nice to have a system where the mod of the forum can have a "timed delete function" for a thread?
Where after tagging the thread for deletion, it gets locked (with an explanation), and then after, say, 24 hours, automatically deleted (this gives the person who posted the thread a chance to see what's happened to their thread, so they won't post it again).

m00`
January 18, 2005, 3:24 am
mabe there could be a topic name filter so if your topic has the word vechile in it, it cant get posted