( search forums )
Banning.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Ganemi
January 17, 2005, 2:38 am
>: ( I had introduced Soldat to a forum that I go to...and a bunch of members started playing it. One of them made a server, and I went there with him. After a game of playing someone vote kicked me, and I got banned. It's been about 4 hours since then and I'm still banned, just because someone voted to kick me.

That makes no sense, since you can't tell who's voting and you can't stop them from spamming. >: (

If there's ever another update, this needs to be fixed.

Edit: I moved this, since I noticed this forum after the other.

frogboy
January 17, 2005, 2:50 am
1. Your signature is much too big.
2. The newer dedicated server versions (2.2.3-4) tell you who's voting, however they seem buggy, so many servers haven't updated. You'll just have to live with it.

Ganemi
January 17, 2005, 3:20 am
My sig is big, eh?...
This is the one I use at other forums...The max size is kind of silly, I think. I'll shrink it.
That ban thing is very annoying, since that's happened more than a few times...
If that's the end of that I'm going to change the threads' title to an idea I had for the game, or maybe I'll make a new thread.

FliesLikeABrick
January 17, 2005, 3:45 am
vote kicks in all but the newest servers are perm bans. it is the server owner's fault for not raising the kick pass percentage, or your fault for doing something to piss off enough people.

Gen0cide
January 17, 2005, 3:58 am
That was me who vote kicked you.Everyones lag was below 120,yours was at 500.After you got kicked the giant red ping dot went down to green.Thanks.

Ganemi
January 17, 2005, 5:02 am
Thanks? Sarcasm? And I wasn't lagging, my ping was perfect. Next time mind your bussiness.

Forgot to ask, how do I get unbanned? : \

DeMonIc
January 17, 2005, 10:56 am
You saw your ping fine, but everyone else experienced horrible lagg.So it's understandable.
Unban: ask the server owner to unban you.

IDF-RIPsta
January 17, 2005, 12:45 pm
Gen0cide and Ganemi, do you want to make something out of it?
This thread can easily be moved to the Bash Pit because it's kind of useless here.

Captain Ben
January 17, 2005, 12:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by GanemiThanks? Sarcasm? And I wasn't lagging, my ping was perfect. Next time mind your bussiness.

Forgot to ask, how do I get unbanned? :

okay? so you open up a thread and then you tell us to mind our own business as soon as someone says what happens?
Retard

LazehBoi
January 17, 2005, 1:09 pm
No, just Gen0cide's, not 'ours'. I personally agree with him.

Anyway, if they don't know how to unban you, tell them to go to banned.txt and remove your IP from there... Something like that.

Gen0cide
January 18, 2005, 5:35 am
Are you saying I was bashing or what?I was just explaining to him why I voted kicked him.Like someone said,his ping was fine,but I heard about 5 people say 'lag' sometime in that 5 minutes,and I too had a bit.So,I pressed f1,and voila,you had the most.
Sorry for inconvienence(sp?) but I play the game to have fun,and not warp around,shoot people,then die ten seconds later while im completely alone.
(Not bashing or anything,just explaining ;))
And btw,it wasnt the greatest server,the host had just started playing.He tried to take my admin away because he had 10 bots and 10 people,and I kicked the bots.Lag and slot issues..it was dropdown with a potential 20 players.

LazehBoi
January 18, 2005, 10:30 am
Mkay then... Well, bots don't take up player slots, they do make more lag, yes. But I severely doubt that one person lagging makes the whole server lag. What the heck gives you that idea?

IDF-RIPsta
January 18, 2005, 6:26 pm
Lazeh, he is right to some extent.
I, personally, cannot open a server and host over 4 people without lag.

If another player joins, the ping of all players will jump to 300.

Gen0cide
January 19, 2005, 12:03 am
I'm not talking about bots taking up slots,but it was a laggy server and on a really small map..