( search forums )
Gosteks fix ideas...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rambo_6
January 17, 2005, 5:37 am
Hey all, i had a simple, yet complex idea concerning the gosteks.

Ingame, when your soldier dies, it usually looks like his body is all taped together because his arms and legs all extend and look like they are invisibly attached. What if MM could make it so they stay closer together? It would look much better, and less fake-ish.

I also had an idea for making it so that dead bodies pile up instead of flattening to the ground. This would make some hilarious new deaths for the soldiers, plus, it would look better.

What does ye thinketh?

Unlucky 13
January 17, 2005, 6:08 am
Not too bad, Rambo, this looks like a new idea on the "Must be in next version" list. Because there is nothing wrong with this idea at all, considering it is a fix. GO GO!

NightCabbage
January 17, 2005, 10:32 am
Haha, a few tune-ups with the player models would never go astray, to be sure :P

Piles might be kinda funny too, as long as they didn't get in the way ;)

Captain Ben
January 17, 2005, 12:58 pm
yeah good idea i'd like to see that tuned up a bit
and i'd especially like to see pile-ups as well

Rambo_6
January 19, 2005, 1:26 pm
Pile-ups would be a new strategic addon since you'd have to gun your way through them is they block a route that you're taking. I really think this idea would work.

Will
January 19, 2005, 2:03 pm
mmmmmm..... *hides in pile of dead bodies*

Michal Marcinkowski
January 19, 2005, 8:09 pm
The death animations didn't change since... prehistory. Maybe I will play a bit with them.

Sam
January 19, 2005, 8:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 Pile-ups would be a new strategic addon since you'd have to gun your way through them is they block a route that you're taking. I really think this idea would work.

But dont dead bodies dissapear once the dead guy spawns again? And in massive (20+ player) deathmatches all the piled up bodies would kinda get in the way, would they be solid, or could you juust walk through them?

white_ninja
January 19, 2005, 8:41 pm
Well right now you can walk through them, but they do block bullets. I think that if you just extended the time before they dissapear, that would be good, because if they were permanent or they blocked your movement, I would find that rather annoying.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 19, 2005, 11:41 pm
i love this idea! it would be really awesome if when i body dies in midair it moved in the direction of the bullet that hit it. and like if someone had an auto they could keep shooting the body and it stays in the air. I dont think it would be a good idea for bodys to stay on the map like suggested before. but with these ideas, they should at least stay longer..like a minute.

Rambo_6
January 20, 2005, 2:57 am
Well it wasnt so much that they stay on the map longer, its that they maybe should:

A- Pile up, in other words, the body parts could not overlap eachother.
B- Maybe there is some way to make the bodys stay, and if they aren't bothered (ie if they stay stationary, without being shot) for 5 seconds, then they will disappear. Of course, this gives the possibility of dead body spam... :p
C- The bodies could maybe be moved easily by being shot at, or chainsawed through, giving the chainsaw more significance. But they should stop bullets, and they should be impossible to walk behind, so you'll have to deal with the dirty stuff ;) .

Glad this idea has floated :)