( search forums )
Destructable land.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Ganemi
January 17, 2005, 5:54 am
The idea that I has is that...the game could be a bit like Gundbound, or what I've heard about Red Faction.
When you shoot at the the ground, and walls, there will be holes, and stuff. Grenades will blow up the floor, and leave craters.

I've always thought about the problem of everything being blown away, and spawn points being destroyed, so...here's an idea. When players die, and the bodies hit the floor, they could turn into parts of the floor that you can walk on. The'd kinda...melt into the ground, and make new land.
Yeah.

The Geologist
January 17, 2005, 5:56 am
Here's a hint: It's in the upper left hand part of your screen. It starts with F...ends with orum Search.

Unlucky 13
January 17, 2005, 6:00 am
Ganemi, this has been suggested many a time, and, as there is a Search function, lets introduce it to you.
Search
Never mind though, as a new forum member, it is common for you to miss that.

The melt into ground bit is different to usual suggestions, but it sounds a little... weird :SDon't take it so seriously, gosh...

Ganemi
January 17, 2005, 6:00 am
I'm not a forum noob.
You see, the thing is...
I just didn't give a [IMAGE],
understand?

NightCabbage
January 17, 2005, 10:29 am
Which makes you not only ignorant, but callous and imperceptive =D Nice.

Anyway, this idea has been discussed in depth many times before, and would require a rather large amount of programming and modification of the game engine, to the extent that I doubt Michal will ever attempt it.

It would be fun, yes, but another feature that most likely will never happen.

HINT: Don't abuse people, and they _might_ like you.

Sprocket
January 17, 2005, 10:56 am
Gnamei - you shouldn't act like that when you'r a noob..

Captain Ben
January 17, 2005, 12:50 pm
*cough* forum search
oh wait ive heard this before...
about 10 to 20 times and i never get tired of people trying to make it sound original

zarstar
January 17, 2005, 4:17 pm
I think it's a great idea for give a more realistic and fun touch to the game...but I understand that it's very very difficult to realize...in particular if the enigne is just created..

Judge_Man
January 17, 2005, 4:34 pm
Zarstar & Ganemi,

1. It would be way to complicated and would take way to much time to make it possible.

2.*mostly for zarstar* Everyone saw all your new threads about changing the game, making it "better", so, i suggest that if you don't like the game that much, MAKE YOUR OWN GAME AND LEAVE THIS GODLY GAME.

Thank you.

zarstar
January 17, 2005, 4:40 pm
You haven't read my last reply in one of the topics...

If i'm here is only for all of us..like everyone here...
When a person want to make something better, it doen't mean that he doesn't like it...if you think that you are a totally ignorant..

As I have written in the other topic, I LOVE THIS GAME, and I've played it many many many dauys...like all of us...

I only make suggestions that can make the game more fun..
OR YOU THINK THAT SOLDAT IS PERFECT?????
I think that everything in life can be better...
Like winning eleven..it's wonderful!but it need more and more suggestions to be better! (maybe more than soldat..)

So...Who have created this forum it's for ideas that can make the game better...not to cancel this game...

Think on what you say...or you become an ignorant machine...
(you have to read more and more of Freud and psychanalysis)

Alamo
January 17, 2005, 5:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by GanemiI'm not a forum noob.
You see, the thing is...
I just didn't give a [IMAGE],
understand?

If you don't care about the rules... you should prepare for a ban sooner or later.