( search forums )
Some thingos with em maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
DeMonIc
January 17, 2005, 11:05 am
Ok, so here's my problem:
If I try to play a map with big scenery files (like Chernobyl), soldat gives me an error saying: "Couldn't load texture soldat\scenerys\hugebackgroundthingo.bmp" and than it shuts itself down.It's really annoying...can anyone help me with this? ;_; (I never got this bug before I reinstalled windows..)

b00stA
January 17, 2005, 3:13 pm
Hrmm, typical question:
How much RAM does your system have? Your graphic card?
Maybe you should check if there's a program running that takes up too much memory.

DeMonIc
January 17, 2005, 3:26 pm
I have 192MB RAM , and my graphics card has 8.Nothing is running in the background, besides IRC..

b00stA
January 17, 2005, 4:24 pm
Hrmmm. I'd usually say that it's your graphics card because it has only 8MB memory, but you said that it worked before. Was it the same graphics card?

Maybe you should try other video drivers (the one you used last, the most recent one etc.)

NightCabbage
January 18, 2005, 3:10 am
Sometimes graphics cards as crap as that (harsh but true :D) work on the odd occassion, and then not the next.

Generally texture errors such as this are caused by crappy old graphics cards with very limited on-board memory.

DeMonIc
January 18, 2005, 2:59 pm
Yea, it would be simple if it was a texture error, but I fixed it with chernobyl previously, by deleteing the sceneries.After that, the map went fine (although without those lovely backgrounds ;|) but I can't fix other maps that way.So soldat just says it's a texture error, but I think it's something with sceneries.I'll try new drivers if I find, thanks guys.

Deleted User
January 18, 2005, 3:16 pm
You could try reducing the number of colors in the image to see if that helps? Perhaps that will take up less texture memory on your.. ehm.. graphic card.