( search forums )
Things you have won?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Liber_Lupus
January 17, 2005, 5:59 pm
I, myself have won a bicycle by sending some lemonade labels. It's a good bycicle what i really wished for. Then the other fun thing I won was 12 boxes of Daim (chocolate). Ahh was that sweet. I selled about 3 boxes to my friends. I have won alot of little things also like interesting shirts, cups, some money etc. So what have you won?

SuperKill
January 17, 2005, 6:36 pm
playstation!
about 5 or 6 years ago, when the first playstation was really popular.
i got it by sending some coke cans.. something like that.. it was from coka cola anyway.

DT
January 17, 2005, 6:38 pm
saved a friend from a bully and i won a best freind...

Deleted User
January 17, 2005, 6:42 pm
I won a very soft blanket at a benefit for someone with heart cancer.

Pulp
January 17, 2005, 6:48 pm
1.245.000 Euro, cash.

God, i love lottery.

Tha Doggfather
January 17, 2005, 7:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Pulp1.245.000 Euro, cash.

God, i love lottery.

Lies!

?
January 17, 2005, 7:32 pm
I won a back scratch from my brothers fiance today... she told me I looked tired.

Deleted User
January 17, 2005, 7:42 pm
Now that I think of it, I don't think I have really won anything. Except for small amounts of money. (3? or less)

IDF-RIPsta
January 17, 2005, 8:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTsaved a friend from a bully and i won a best freind...

You crack me up... who would have figured that under those overgrown black mustaches you Turks are softies...
(Stigma, excuse me, don't be offended)

Jaz
January 17, 2005, 8:52 pm
Winning as in stupid things like sending tokens away or the lottery or personal acheivements like climbing a mountain or winning a race.. don't understand the question ;o.

If sending away tokens is it: no.

Vijchtidoodah
January 17, 2005, 8:59 pm
I won a hot air balloon once, which was stupid because I made it in the first place. Not that it really mattered, I gave it away afterwards.

The Geologist
January 17, 2005, 9:03 pm
I won something very similar to this in my mineralogy class a while back.
[IMAGE]

It's a large apophyllite crystal the with lots of scolecite crystals growing around it. Won it for getting one of the highest grades on the final exam.

Vijchtidoodah
January 17, 2005, 9:07 pm
Nerd! :P

I am such a hypocrite...

SuperKill
January 17, 2005, 9:17 pm
i got the same thing in my room geo! ;o

FliesLikeABrick
January 17, 2005, 9:24 pm
i won an xbox and never use it

n00bface
January 17, 2005, 9:31 pm
I won a trip to Hollywood when I was 10 that I never used. I got it from eating lunchables.

Deleted User
January 17, 2005, 9:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABricki won an xbox and never use it

Can I have it for experimenting?

FliesLikeABrick
January 17, 2005, 10:08 pm
im gonna try putting linux on it and running servers on it

Deleted User
January 17, 2005, 10:54 pm
Curses...

The Geologist
January 17, 2005, 11:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKilli got the same thing in my room geo! ;o

Really? If you're being serious, then sweet! I had a good picture of my piece..I'll try to find it. Got any other interesting crystals?

BManx2000
January 17, 2005, 11:09 pm
I won an insanely bulky instant camera with strange film that no one sells in a newspaper contest.

m00`
January 17, 2005, 11:09 pm
I won a cd player and a remote control car from kellogs cornflakes :]

DeafBox
January 18, 2005, 6:45 am
i won a jug of becks in a pub raffle :) (Y)

Meandor
January 18, 2005, 4:53 pm
Nokia 6600 (http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/images/nokia_6600_01.jpg) in a newspaper short story writing contest (under 30).

Liber_Lupus
January 18, 2005, 6:16 pm
You must be good at story writing then.

b00stA
January 18, 2005, 8:57 pm
Nothing. :/

At least it can't break.

Meandor
January 18, 2005, 9:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Liber_LupusYou must be good at story writing then.

Not much. More like the general incompetence of other partecipants.

STEELIX
January 18, 2005, 10:23 pm
I won an indians' tent once... I think it's rotting away in the shed atm

Big Black and G4Y
January 19, 2005, 1:21 am
i won a weekend to vegas from my work in a drawing... but i'm in vegas alot(mom lives der). so i traded it in for $500 BUCKS CASH. i just won 2 grand at craps in tahoe on new years... then i put a few hundy of it on the falcons that weekend... still got to pick up them winnins. so maybe it's like $2400. but i'm gonna use that cash as breathing room for the next few weeks. ;]

that fuking sniper
January 19, 2005, 1:27 am
Me and the rest of the robotics team in my school built a robot that kicked all of the other schools' asses in the South California regionals, we lost in nationals to some Japanese school who made what one would call a mini-tank for their robot :S I got a medal for the regionals, along with 150$. Oh, and the fun of kicking the living crap out of the rest of the 'bots as well.

NightCabbage
January 19, 2005, 5:22 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stANothing. :/

At least it can't break.

LMFAO! n1 :)

My parent won lotto once.. an bought a couch >_<

I don't think I've won much in the way of competitions in real life.

Probably coz I never enter any.

Unlucky 13
January 19, 2005, 10:32 am
I won $3 on a scratchies ticket, and a mini FM radio.

Deleted User
January 19, 2005, 3:46 pm
Scrathies are bullsh!t. I've spent about $50 bucks on them and have won about $14 all up. Apart from that i won 70 bucks betting on horses once.

Outcast
January 19, 2005, 5:31 pm
I won a basketball for dunking the best...what a prize, o well.

January 19, 2005, 6:47 pm
I won ten 10p coins from a machine where i put a pound in.

Toumaz
January 20, 2005, 1:07 pm
I won 14$ on some kind of lotto once. My personal record so far. It's goddamn impossible to win anything on lotteries.

And oh yeah, when I was 8 years I won a diabolo (http://www.yoyoguy.com/info/diabolo/basic.html) on a local lottery in school. Chance of winning were 1/100.

BManx2000
January 20, 2005, 3:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperMe and the rest of the robotics team in my school built a robot that kicked all of the other schools' asses in the South California regionals, we lost in nationals to some Japanese school who made what one would call a mini-tank for their robot :S I got a medal for the regionals, along with 150$. Oh, and the fun of kicking the living crap out of the rest of the 'bots as well.

I'd like to see a pic of that, if you have one. Battle bots are awesome.

Michal
January 20, 2005, 8:29 pm
I won $6 in some lottery a long time ago...

Jaz
January 20, 2005, 9:22 pm
In turkey I won a darts competition, came second in a pool competition and won lots of football matches and was adored by all the Russian tourists :D.

SuperKill
January 20, 2005, 11:02 pm
wooooooh battle bots are fun!
i had the best strategy for botfights tho - either use a goddamn powerfull spring to shoot a nasty ass bolt into the other bot (if that's allowed at all), or use a powerfull heavy spring as a main one-shot-try weapon to knock the hell out of the opponent.

BManx2000
January 20, 2005, 11:58 pm
I've always been partial to bots withhigh-speed rotating heavy objects, like Mauler. One one episode of note, Mauler ripped off this other bot's battle axe AND the armor on its backside. No need for aiming...

that fuking sniper
January 21, 2005, 1:12 am
Bleh, what you guys are thinking of is way out of our budget. We had a couple thousand bucks to do what we could. We built a fast, heavy little armoured car with a wedge on the front. No fireworks or special weapons, even though there were others in the regionals that tried jigsaws, and little chainsaws or hammers. On the center of every ring is a ramp, which a robot can take speed on. Our one, with its best speed and weight, went airborne for a few seconds after speeding up the ramp, usually landing on another robot. We toppled a tall robot like this once, and broke a part of it with our bot's sheer weight and armour. Going down the ramp, we also toppled 'bots by letting them get close, and then speed up straight at them, lifting them on our wedge and tossing them down the ramp. The objective of every match was to gather boxes on the team's side of the arena, for it was a 2v2 match. The catch is that people can do what they want to hamper the enemy 'bots to put down their efforts for winning the round. Ours destroyed 'bots left and right, and still had time to gather alot of boxes to our side. Simplicity is often better than complexity. Our team had a great driver, who wasn't me :( I was one of the designers, and just marvled on watching my "little creation" kick loads of metal ass.

b00stA
January 21, 2005, 2:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillwooooooh battle bots are fun!
i had the best strategy for botfights tho - either use a goddamn powerfull spring to shoot a nasty ass bolt into the other bot (if that's allowed at all), or use a powerfull heavy spring as a main one-shot-try weapon to knock the hell out of the opponent.
Sorry, but that just reminded me of the barret.

SuperKill
January 21, 2005, 7:34 pm
well this is another idea i always had in mind:
[IMAGE]
when an enemy bot will be over the red little platform, you'd press a button on the remote which will strech the blue spring, and will make the enemy bot flip.. or if the spring is really strong it could fly it to damned hell xD

@boosta - exactly :(

Jaz
January 21, 2005, 8:36 pm
I see that kind of one on robot wars all the time, there very boring. Speedy ones with laser eyes that shoot wasps. Thats my robot <3.

SuperKill
January 21, 2005, 9:23 pm
no you dont see it! its (c) to me.