( search forums )
What the new version can take??
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
zarstar
January 17, 2005, 10:45 pm
I've speaked much in the improvements and suggestions forum...but...What are the ideas that will be in the new version for now?
What news can be there?

SilencedAsshole
January 17, 2005, 11:03 pm
IsnĀ“t Soldat good enough like it is right now?

And bout the Weapon Editor:

In my opinion it will reduce Soldats community. Remember: When you played a game and started to cheat! = It was amazingly fun... FOR SOME HOURS.

But after that the game was just boring; raped in all holes and spit out.

This also happens to games that give the ability to edit everything:

They are the coolest [IMAGE] for some time but after that they end up chewed like a gum and never get started again. This HAS to happen to Soldat when Weapon editor will come out.

BUT IF: The weapon editor gives the ability to use weapons in the internet AUTOMATICALLY BALANCED TO ABSOLUTELY FAIRNESS WITH NO ABILITY DO CREATE A OVERPOWERED WEAPON=

This will raise the community for 100% BUT: Such a tool (automatic balancer) is not realizable.

SOLUTION: No editor.

AerialAssault
January 17, 2005, 11:06 pm
we won't know until it comes out.

The Geologist
January 17, 2005, 11:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by SilencedAsshole
And bout the Weapon Editor:

In my opinion it will reduce Soldats community.
But after that the game was just boring; raped in all holes and spit out.

This also happens to games that give the ability to edit everything:

This HAS to happen to Soldat when Weapon editor will come out.

This will raise the community for 100% BUT: Such a tool (automatic balancer) is not realizable.

SOLUTION: No editor.

There was an editor released recently, although it can change the damage of the guns and not every aspect. Suprisingly enough, what you say has to happen isn't what really happens. In fact there are very few..probably less than ten servers using the weapons editor at this time.

quote:Originally posted by Aquariusquote:Originally posted by MarineI hate this. This will make every server seem like a whole different game.

Say bye to the greatness of Soldat.
http://lobby.soldat.pl:13073/

All Servers: 190
Weapon mod servers: 2
Rambomatch servers: 3
Pointmatch servers: 0

There is no reason to think that every or even most serves won't have standard settings.

Morik
January 17, 2005, 11:21 pm
The weapons are balanced as much as they could be already. All the weapons have some purpose and strength that makes it all even out. (cept the chainsaw...although it is fun to mess around with, it still sucks.)

Spectral
January 18, 2005, 1:03 am
no discussion of weapon balance please :P

Judge_Man
January 18, 2005, 1:41 am
quote:Originally posted by zarstarI've speaked much in the improvements and suggestions forum...but...What are the ideas that will be in the new version for now?
What news can be there?

Certainly not yours.

lieroguy
January 18, 2005, 3:42 am
I was really, really pissed bout the weapon editor... untill I realized that it was a mandatory passwrod and all server names listed that the weapons were edited with a prefix tag. So I'm not so beat up about it... plus the more pro servers like U13 will always keep the default. Im so in love with U13...

b00stA
January 18, 2005, 1:15 pm
Simply don't expect anything at all and let Michal surprise you.

zarstar
January 18, 2005, 5:50 pm
Yeah...I like it!

Meandor
January 18, 2005, 9:16 pm
Why is everyone so uptight about the weapons editor? It can always be removed or limited if it causes problems.

Michal Marcinkowski
January 19, 2005, 8:03 pm
quote:This also happens to games that give the ability to edit everything:

They are the coolest for some time but after that they end up chewed like a gum and never get started again. This HAS to happen to Soldat when Weapon editor will come out.

Yes, this is very true and I am aware of this. A game has to have rules in order to be fun. Following the rules is what gives most pleasure and makes you addicted to the game. The weapons editor is a tough problem.

Oh and zarstar, I never tell what I really plan ;).

damnnation
January 19, 2005, 8:29 pm
yea it's a secret and that makes it soo special and exiting :)

kkazican
January 20, 2005, 12:08 am
Soldat patch version 1.3? I hope! I don't keep my hopes up for anything and soldat is just full of surprises all along the way. IF <-- Bold those] patch 1.3 comes out then I'm sure just like all the other installments it will be an orgasmic experience for the first couple weeks and then the whines settle in. But those first few weeks WHEWWWWW DOGGIE! But that is of course IF <-- Bold those] Michal makes a 1.3 patch. For all you know he could decide to start regressing soldat. He could make the elusive 1.1.6 patch or the never has yet been seen 1.0.0.95b. You just wont know until time tells you.

Will
January 20, 2005, 11:31 am
i read silencedasshole's post and i agree... but we all have to trust michal.