( search forums )
Making a Mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
murakumo32
January 18, 2005, 12:34 am
I'm making a Halo 2 mod for Soldat. i have the guns, sounds andall other things modified, the only trouble I'm currently having is modding the characters. if someone can help me, please tell me how I can change the player images. Thanks!

Spectral
January 18, 2005, 1:12 am
there is a mod section of this forum...

Deleted User
January 18, 2005, 1:19 am
Sweet jesus, not another Halo mod.

To answer your question, you need to modify the images stored in the gostek folder. They are labeled as follows:

[IMAGE]

Unlucky 13
January 18, 2005, 2:41 am
If you want to make the Bullet proof vest the oversheild (May not go well), edit kamakazela.bmp and its reverse (i cant spell it, but it is looking like that).

Deleted User
January 18, 2005, 3:23 am
I'd suggest just using one of the already made Halo or Halo 2 mods. Those ones came out great and you'd save a lot of time just using them instead. People on these forums are getting very sick of people trying to make Halo mods. Not to say that you're not capable of making a great Halo mod.

Marine
January 18, 2005, 3:37 am
Let him make the MOD, hell it may turn out good, and would be some nice experience under his belt.

He doesn't have to release it if he doesn't wish to.

Captain Ben
January 18, 2005, 5:53 am
this has to be about the 7th halo mod ive seen this year so far...
make a metroid one, i'd download that!

Rhombus
January 18, 2005, 7:11 am
a good metroid mod, man that would be downloaded by everybody... although i dont see how you want to fit in all the weapons...
I think i can make it look cool when you roll over the ground (morph ball anyone?) but you wont be able to play online cuz i need to change the poa's

KeFear
January 18, 2005, 10:55 am
Hey.. thats why i suggested a complete system for mods, so these type of mods (like what Rhombus said) could be played online. Check it out in this section if you like it.

Rhombus
January 18, 2005, 3:10 pm
ehm even ma poa's will show up? lol that would be cool, when everybody just jumps normally, I summersault, land on my hands and go further till Im back on em lol, that would be funny. I can immagine n00bs banning me for hacking :p

Deleted User
January 18, 2005, 3:13 pm
Your idea is great and everything KeFear, but you don't need to hijack every thread here with it.

Back on topic, I say go for it. I just don't like Halo, but who knows. Maybe you'll wow me and I may actually use it. Until then, though, Henchin Mod all the way.

murakumo32
January 19, 2005, 12:38 am
Ok. Thanks a lot guy. I'll get right to it and I'll also try a Metroid mod if it makes people happy.
I went into the gostek folder and i can't identify anything I see. I someone can help me on this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Meandor
January 19, 2005, 3:35 pm
Check the modding faq section. There's a thread about gostek.. and Lapis posted a pic explaining it right in this thread.
Also, use the edit button for double posts. [IMAGE]
+ moved to modding help