( search forums )
Strange M3U Playback
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
robot7290
January 18, 2005, 1:22 am
I made an M3U file with TagM3U, a tag editor and playlist creator, and all my mp3 files in that playlist are good. I have only 26 songs in the playlist, and the playlist was saved to the desktop and then transfered to my mp3 folder. I also tried saving it to the mp3 folder, but that didn't work. The playlist is simply called "list". Ok, now onto my problem. Ive read up on th other m3u topics and they didn't help me. "List" shows up in the options menu, as expected. I choose to play it, then I start my game. Avg. Soldat map, not modded, etc. It plays the first song, and I can start and stop it successfully. But when I try to move forward/back a song, it does that infinite loop thing. It tries to play the next song while playing the first song while it's looping. Can someone plz help me. Thanx in advance.

Deleted User
January 18, 2005, 1:32 am
This seems to be a fairly common bug, and unfortunately, I'm not registered so I havn't experienced it myself.

However, some people have had luck by creating their M3U list one song at a time, by adding one song at a time, saving it, and play-testing it to make sure it works. Once you reach a song that breaks the list, skip it and try adding another.

Or better yet, if you really need to play MP3's while enjoying Soldat, give the System Tray Player a try. Its small, doesn't eat up resources, and it works with playlists, I believe.

NightCabbage
January 18, 2005, 3:09 am
I use Winamp to play mp3s...

Saves any problems like this :P

Also, I have multimedia keys on my keyboard (logitech itouch) so I can control it while playing ^^

AWH_ReApEr
January 19, 2005, 12:05 am
I have never had a problem with it. Check out the topic below from my forums... it could help. If not, let me know and I'll write a more in-depth topic about it.

http://www.clan-awh.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=228