( search forums )
pesonal gosteks..........
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Captain Ben
January 18, 2005, 6:20 am
im sure a few of you have seen my last thread which was
'auto mod download'
and i was thinking about it.
what if the players had automatic gostek download?
when a player enters a deathmatch server, everyone else in the server automatically downloads the player's gosteks.
this would only include:
-hats
-helmets
-body parts
-shoes

i also looked up the filesize of only those gosteks, and i cant remember what it is... though its only a few kilobytes, so its not an amazingly huge download.
i guess anyway you could choose to turn the option on or off

and you could choose your own blood colour!

tell me what you think!

Gen0cide
January 18, 2005, 6:33 am
Fairly good idea..I'd probabley put it on and make myself a bunny or something..lol or make myself look like..
*drumroll*
here it comes
Get ready
omfg no...
SPIDERMAN

The Geologist
January 18, 2005, 6:36 am
Someone made a Spiderman gostek...

Unlucky 13
January 18, 2005, 8:10 am
The only problem with this would be making your whole gostek invisible, that would mkae an easy cheat, but then once they get a weapon, they are gone.

It isnt a bad concept but it has some bad flaws.

KeFear
January 18, 2005, 10:58 am
My suggestion was to implement a complete system for mods. It would include an auto-download like you suggested. Please take a look at it, it can be found in this section.

Teh Panda
January 18, 2005, 1:42 pm
Unlucky is rite, but if there would be somekind of anti-system to that, it would be really good.

BManx2000
January 18, 2005, 3:09 pm
<--- Someone

I think this would be a cool idea, but to prevent invisibility cheating, there would have to be a way for soldat to check for how many green pixels there are.

Ravey
January 18, 2005, 8:08 pm
Invisible skins wouldn't be a problem, there is already a skin file size checker to make sure they match so a similar thing could be implemented. I'm sure it could be coded that your skin can have no fewer than 2 colours or something.

[IMAGE]
My gostek. :D

Captain Ben
January 19, 2005, 9:01 am
i suppose what you guys say is right, so what if...
the players head or shoes gostek stayed the same on all the servers?

*bump*

Will
January 19, 2005, 10:56 am
this is a really good idea. you could make it server specific too, because i am fed up of my friend making a server and it saying "cannot play with modified graphics" because he has made his spas pink... the freak

>:(

UltraMagnus
July 16, 2005, 11:42 am
i think this is a great idea

(hay, im supposed to search before posting)

vash763
July 16, 2005, 11:54 am
GREAT IDEA

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 11:54 am
CAPTAIN BEN *yelled colonel klink style* you stole this idea from me you scum :P. i explained it better too, i even made a picture. we also made a soluttion to that problem of invisable guys remember, the skeleton and the other one where you could only have a certain number of invisable pixels.
EDIT:http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25178&whichpage=2

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 12:08 pm
Soo... My 6-month old thread has been bumped solely for the words of 'GRATE IDEEA!!11'? God I feel loved <3
ANd Taal, let me be! I was young!

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 12:13 pm
holy crap, sorry ben i owe you an apolagie, i didnt relise the date, ultramagnus shame on you, although i didnt search before i posted my suggestion i did go into more detail

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 12:20 pm
YOU SHOULD BE SORRY! Anywho, as you can see, this was the original idea, and I was wrong, people did support it. But why was your thread locked, Taal? I suppose you'd better answer before this thread gets locked :P

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 12:25 pm
lol, i have no idea, if you go to general chat theres a topic from magnus, the guy who bumped your topic, asking why, and stalky sadi caause it was sughgested before, then i awnserd with i gave a more detailed suggestion. maybe it could be unlocked so we could continue discussing the pros and cons. if not, we can make another one :P

UltraMagnus
July 16, 2005, 12:34 pm
shame on me? so what now, we aint allowed to post things that aint already been suggested and we aint allowed to bump old topics?

so what are we supposed to do?

Captain Ben
July 16, 2005, 12:38 pm
I think it's the topic bumping that brings the hostility around. Topic bumping can lead to a 25% post-loss, temporary bans and even permanent bans.

UltraMagnus
July 16, 2005, 12:44 pm
well, the other topic got locked because "it had been posted before" so logically i just went and found the first incidence of this suggestion.

what else am i supposed to do?

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 12:46 pm
yeah maybe, i think that topics need to be readressed a number of times to be noticed, i mean this topic really shouldnt have been bumped, but at the same time my topic shouldnt have been locked, it had a much more detailed look at the idea, and is probaly more convincing. without bumping and posting already posted ideas, this place would be full of tumble weeds :P

vash763
July 16, 2005, 1:26 pm
SO THEN GO QUOTE YOURSELF AND CONTINUE DISCUSSION HERE...

GREAT IDEA

UltraMagnus
July 16, 2005, 3:00 pm
yeah, good point vash, Taal just quote what you put in the last topic in here