( search forums )
CTF Galacticuss
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Lothus
January 18, 2005, 6:31 am
Okey, guys here comes a new map!
Maybe its simple but its cool!
Theres both small and open areas to fight in and many stationary guns for those who like that kind of weapons! :D Theres also many places to hide in or snipe from.

Its a bit hard to describe it so check my picture/s:
[IMAGE]

Here can you see that blue and red team will have to storm the middle to get each others flag but here in the middel will they meet the other team so the fight will begin directly!!!
You have to get a plan with your team in this map, who should defense and who should attack because both parts are verry important if you want your team to win in this map!
And it will broabobly be some fighting about the room down in the middle, the one shaped like an arrow. That room is filled with all bonuses +health, +grenades...but just not filled DOUBEL FILLED!
But ofcourse the room are gaurded by to fat stationary guns!
Watch out!

Still interested?

Download here:
http://rapidshare.de/files-en/379262/Galacticuss.rar.html

Please comment! :D

(understand if i have some missings in the grammar or spelling, im not english :p)

Rambo_6
January 18, 2005, 1:30 pm
It is hard to notice any shading. Maybe try intenser colors?

Also, i find the grey background sorta drab. Maybe try a bluer one?

grand_diablo
January 18, 2005, 1:45 pm
Besides the issues Rambo mentioned, I could imagine interesting gameplay on this map, if its not too small.

zoldat
January 18, 2005, 2:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloBesides the issues Rambo mentioned, I could imagine interesting gameplay on this map, if its not too small.

yerh i'll try it could be some good wars in it

Boxo
January 18, 2005, 2:32 pm
This will be nade spam heaven, nigh unplayable i think. Just look at the tunnels.

Lothus
January 18, 2005, 3:53 pm
it isnt as small as it seems to be, if you can see the litle thing beside the suporter in red team, it is nearly as big as a player, so the size isnt bad i think but maybe the shading, i have thought of that myselfe, otherwise i think its fine :)

Sprocket
January 19, 2005, 4:54 pm
i think its a great map. atleast for a swedish person..

Droopy
January 19, 2005, 8:00 pm
The lower middle part looks usless.

white_ninja
January 19, 2005, 8:30 pm
Besides the aforementioned problems with background color, shading, and nade spamming, it's a decent map. I personally don't like it because I'm not a fan of symmetrical maps.

Bl4ck
January 19, 2005, 9:37 pm
Good map, great for 5v5 :D

Lothus
January 20, 2005, 5:10 pm

Droopy
January 20, 2005, 7:34 pm
it's ctf white_ninja. Non-symmetrical ctf maps are realy hard to make and are often unbalanced. Just look at viet. There must be a reason why the red team wins most of the time.