( search forums )
Anti Hacking Servers - Soldat Admin
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Green Barret
January 18, 2005, 8:52 am
Experience:
Recently, i am seeing more and more so called "hacking servers". To see what went on around there, I went in under my undercover ID "Target".
The players in it were all hacking. Yup, each and everyone. They were trading hacks, showing them off and it was really retarded.
I did not hack there, and i have never cheated in any game during my whole life. I am really against all cheats, unless the cheats are used ONLY for bots and bots only.
The funny thing was, I picked up a barret, and i got a good score - 47 kills 12 deaths - against cheaters! It shows what kind of people cheaters are...

OnTo Topic:
I really think these hacking servers should be closed down on sight. The reasons are obvious and have been discussed before.
That gave me an idea. What if there was a sort of an admin... not a server admin, but a Soldat Admin, who looks over the servers and "bans" inapropreate(sp?) servers. This is different from the anti-hacking group suggestion posted elsewhere. The Soldat Admin would be offical and it would permanently disable such hacking servers. What do you think?

Vijchtidoodah
January 18, 2005, 9:39 pm
Definitely, we must have a more comprehensive system to watch over servers because most don't have good admins.

However, there would have to be a very detailed set of regulations to make sure that the new moderators don't have unlimited authority.

Ok
January 18, 2005, 10:03 pm
oh man hackers.. hate them so much :I keep seeing those speed/ammo hackers.
they go into a server where the voting is really high so its hard to vote them out.
sicne there are some players who well i dunno maybe ignore the others or just dont understand english. so we try to make him leave by either stop playing or taking the flag or both teams and not capping it. so he gets bored. but it doesnt always work.

I think a better solution is to make soldat more anti hack proof.
Its not very hard. if there are hacking servers its actualy very easy :)
get the hack, find out how it works. and find a way to block it.

mar77a
January 18, 2005, 10:12 pm
Its nasty to spend tme on improving the anti-hack system, instead of getting a new version of the game...