( search forums )
Vehicles and odd mods!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Deleted User
January 18, 2005, 10:34 pm
Recent Changes:-= Added Vjichtidoodah's Pikachu-Cluster mod.
-= Added Unlucky 13's screenshots for the pokeball mod.
The main goal of this idea was to prove that vehicles could be done. It is quite possible to have them in the game, in fact, if only as simple graphics splayed over the soldier. If one wanted to further implement vehicles, have each weapon give you a certain speed, weight, and momentum, and there you go - you have vehicles.

Chainmobile - Replaces Chainsaw

Screenshot!

To download, please click here.

Follow ups:

After the success of the chainmobile, several new ideas came into mind that I believe would make great Soldat mods, and those that have seen the light of day are posted here. They are organized as follows:

Mod name - Which weapon it replaces - Notes/Comments

Super Mario Bros. 3 Boot - Chainsaw

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Campell's Soup - Knife - Manzoni flavor, which sells for over $1500.

Screenshot!

Spatula - Knife - When you throw a grenade, the spatula spins like some sort of jedi-lightsaber action.

Screenshot!

Umbrella - Barret - Note that the muzzle flash is slightly off when facing right.

Screenshot!

You hold the umbrella over the shoulder when facing left, and it shoots from the hip when facing right.

Top hat - Grenade

To download the top hat, save this image to your HD and rename it to the frag-grenade. Then, paste it into your Weapons-gfx folder.

Top Hat

Banana Launcher - LAW

Screenshot!

Chakra - Knife - Looks best from the left, unless you seriously adjust the right-side picture.

Screenshot!

Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire Shards - Knife

To download the crystal shards, choose one and save its image to your HD. Then, rename it to knife/knife2 and paste it into your Weapons-gfx folder.

Ruby!

Emerald!

Sapphire!

Pokeball - Cluster Grenade - Screenshot thanks to Unlucky 13

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Its a fairly large (a Soldat could fit inside it, rolled into a ball) hand-drawn, pixelized pokeball. When it explodes, several of the magikoopa beams shoot out (from the Mario series).

Works in progress:1. Saltine Cracker - Minigun

NightCabbage's mods:

"Hee Ya!"

"Luck o' the Irish."

Dead Head

Trolly!

Pikmin!

Also u can download the Pikmin mod here :)

http://www.ids.org.au/~spmartin/

Unlucky 13's mods:

Sounds for the Chainmobile!

Here she is in all her glory, all you should need to do is extract to your Soldat Root Folder, and then go for your life.

Sounds from AutoSpeak and [url="http://www.a1freesoundeffects.com/vehicles.html">Transportation Sound Effects

Kudos to m00` for his file uploader, and Lapis for his chainsaw -> vehicle. Put up on the front page if you like, Lappy!

NB: DO NOT Right Click --> Save Target As, unless you want m00`'s file uploader on your hard-disk, and make sure you disable pop-up blocking before you enter, or allow pop-ups from m00`'s site at least.

Download The Vehicle Sounds and more (sorry about double file extention, I didn't know if the renamer left the extention or not :/)

Mods by ZiL90:

Bulldozer - Knife

Screenshot!

Want to toss something HUGE at your foes? Teh Bulldozer is the solution! Just replace Knife.bmp and Knife2.bmp in your Weapons GFX directory and you will be equipped with a big-assed vehicle to smash your enemies!

Mods by Vjichtidoodah

Pokeball Clusters-to-Pikachus - Clusters - Replaces the Magikoopa beams with Pikachus.

Screenshot!

Viola!

It's a little green tinted and looks funny, but who really cares...

Mods by STEELIX:

Pokemon Interface - Interface - Replaces various items. See Screenshot for details.

Screenshot!

I've made some more stuff with pokemon, ...heck, I might even make a pokemon mod if y'all like this :D

To download, please click here!

yay...pokemon...
oh, I don't watch it, but I've played the gameboy games which were quite enjoyable ;)

Want to get your mod listed here?

Then follow these simple rules:1. All submissions must have a screenshot, a download link, and a detailed description of the changes made.
2. You must post your submission in this thread here. Make sure you state that you want it to be added to this list, and try to make your post resemble how you want it to look here.
3. Remember to keep your mod clean. We don't want anything dirty here.
4. Have fun and be creative!
All modifications here are copyright their respective authors. Any trademark logos or symbols contained herein are also trademark their respective companies, your results may vary. Take only as directed.

_Mancer_
January 18, 2005, 10:43 pm
Mario Boot!

Rambo_6
January 18, 2005, 11:01 pm
One word: LOL

Magniitude
January 18, 2005, 11:06 pm
NONON NO VEHICLEZZZ!!!11!! SOLDAT IS NOT A VEHICLE GAME!@#!!@!!!!!!ITS NOT TRIBEZ OR COUNTER STRIKE!!!!@@! NO COUNTERSTRIKE!!!

hold on...counter strike doesnt have vehiclez

ZiL90
January 18, 2005, 11:16 pm
Why would anyone like to go around in that flying shoe anyway?

Aquarius
January 19, 2005, 1:05 am
ROTFL

Vijchtidoodah
January 19, 2005, 1:23 am
Best-idea-ever!

Now I'm going to initiate ZiL90 with a large wooden spatula...
"Assume the position..."

Deleted User
January 19, 2005, 2:40 am
If any of you can figure out how to make the weapons work both left and right, then please, by all means, let me know.

I'm working on a few more possibilites. Perhaps an umbrella, or maybe a wooden spatula. I dunno, so many ideas. Feel free to post your thoughts.

_Mancer_
January 19, 2005, 3:03 am
They work because you have to flip them vertically when they are facing right, thats how they are switched.

Deleted User
January 19, 2005, 3:03 am
A can o' soup! And make it Cambells!

Deleted User
January 19, 2005, 3:11 am
Yes, but no matter how I flip them or how much "transparent space" I give the files, it still doesn't sit right.

NightCabbage
January 19, 2005, 5:06 am
LMFAO that looks classic :D

MOFO NOFO
January 19, 2005, 9:56 am
LOL im using teh veicles

Sprocket
January 19, 2005, 11:05 am
haha.. it brings back memories.. mario 3..
that was\is a great game.

Teh Panda
January 19, 2005, 12:31 pm
This will become a classic. :D

Deleted User
January 19, 2005, 3:39 pm
Well, feel free to join in, people. Lets see what kind of odd things we can put into Soldat, from other games or even real-life.

ZiL90
January 19, 2005, 7:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahBest-idea-ever!

Now I'm going to initiate ZiL90 with a large wooden spatula...
"Assume the position..."

Exactly. Would you like to be a soldier inside a green shoe, trying to stomp on your enemies?

STEELIX
January 19, 2005, 7:59 pm
It needs pokeballs... ;(

Maxx
January 19, 2005, 10:56 pm
I deleted my chainsaw and I need it back. Please help!

Vijchtidoodah
January 19, 2005, 11:45 pm
Maxx, reinstall the game...

Zil90, who wouldn't want to jump around stomping enemies in a giant green shoe?

Try to turn the knife into a big, latex dildo...I've always wanted to kill someone that way.

The Geologist
January 20, 2005, 1:10 am
I wanna stab people with a crystal.

Deleted User
January 20, 2005, 1:14 am
Like I said earlier, feel free to post your own creations here.

I'll work on the pokeball and the crystal, though. I'll add them to the list of strange things yet to be done.

Maxx
January 20, 2005, 1:40 am
If I reinstall it, will it still be registered?

Deleted User
January 20, 2005, 2:38 am
Yes. It will still be registered. As long as you have your reg-key, you can always re-register without having to pay. If you ever lose it, send an email to Michal Marcinkowski.

Maxx
January 20, 2005, 2:52 am
Where is that?

Deleted User
January 20, 2005, 5:00 am
You should still have the email you recieved the reg-key with. You can reinstall Soldat and still be registered, though.

Rhombus
January 20, 2005, 7:06 am
hahahhaha that was funny, anyway keep it on topic please. Ill try to think of funny weaps/gostek.

STEELIX
January 20, 2005, 8:50 pm
yay, pokemon! ;P

SuperKill
January 20, 2005, 9:47 pm
ROFL @ the umbrella and chakra face!

NightCabbage
January 21, 2005, 11:01 am
[IMAGE]
Hee YA!

[IMAGE]
Luck 'o the Irish :P

MOFO NOFO
January 21, 2005, 2:37 pm
i know why it wont work both ways... because the chainsaw is small, and on bith sides its equal, but if u changed chainsaw to make it big, it wont work,, ive tried many times..

mar77a
January 21, 2005, 2:49 pm
The vehicles rock!!!!

PS: I dont want vehicles in soldat...

Deleted User
January 21, 2005, 4:59 pm
Yeah, exactly, MOFO NOFO. Still, that kinda adds to the fun.

NightCabbage, that stuff is awesone!

Rhombus
January 21, 2005, 6:20 pm
LOL @ the huge hands and the pikmin head... grr to the ogre...
Would it be possible to use a sledgehammer instead of a knife? hmmmm....

Maxx
January 22, 2005, 2:03 am
On a more serious note: u should make the knife an(normal-sized)AXE!

Just do it.

Cookie.
January 22, 2005, 5:48 am
would u make a inter-m-face gun please for it is all powerful ^_^

The Geologist
January 22, 2005, 6:25 am
I can't see the crystal! I take personal offense to this!

Deleted User
January 22, 2005, 9:14 am
Ahh, I'm working on it as we speak, The Geologist. Do you have a color preference? Red? Purple? perhaps even blue?

The Geologist
January 22, 2005, 9:55 am
You can call me Geo buddy. ;D

Well, being the stickler that I am for geology, I'd suggest red...when I think of a good crystal to throw, I think of the mineral corundum. It's one step below a diamond in terms of the hardness, and the red form is known as ruby. You can get opaque corundum crystals, and their hexagonal crystal structure would make for a good point. o_O Think of a deep red color...almost like oxblood.

CamBot
January 23, 2005, 2:57 am
lol
make em throw dainty little flower nades
Pollen machine gun

CamBot
January 23, 2005, 2:58 am
knives that look like booze bottles

MOFO NOFO
January 23, 2005, 5:59 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistYou can call me Geo buddy. ;D

Well, being the stickler that I am for geology, I'd suggest red...when I think of a good crystal to throw, I think of the mineral corundum. It's one step below a diamond in terms of the hardness, and the red form is known as ruby. You can get opaque corundum crystals, and their hexagonal crystal structure would make for a good point. o_O Think of a deep red color...almost like oxblood.

Ooo.. smart ..... *me thinks ... wtf??*

Unlucky 13
January 23, 2005, 8:09 am
Well... I found some sounds and made a (very simple) interface picture, plus I edited the name of the Chainsaw to "OMGTEHVEHICLE!". If anyone wants it, post, I'll upload somewhere.

Deleted User
January 23, 2005, 9:02 am
Yeah, feel free to toss it up here. I'll even add it to the list at the front page if you like.

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 23, 2005, 12:49 pm
omfg lol so funny

MOFO NOFO
January 23, 2005, 4:34 pm
im usin that crystal AND IT OWNZ,,, could you make an emeald or sapphire version :/ (blue and green)

Deleted User
January 23, 2005, 6:04 pm
Yeah, not a problem. It won't take me but 30 seconds with irfanview. Give me but a moment and I'll have them up as well.

EDIT: Done. Check the first post for the files.

reckon
January 23, 2005, 6:08 pm
You could make the knife a fist and call it a pimp slap.
Or [IMAGE] slap.

ZiL90
January 23, 2005, 8:13 pm
To keep this on-topic I made a vehicle yay.
TRY IT > http://fast.filespace.org/ZiL90/KNIFE.rar

MOFO NOFO
January 23, 2005, 8:24 pm
thnx man :P
reckon: what if you throw the knife.. its like "Throwing a punch' lol

damnnation
January 23, 2005, 8:27 pm
then make shainsaw a fist ;)

Unlucky 13
January 23, 2005, 11:20 pm
OK I will find somewhere to upload it, but it is EXTREMELY simple, the sounds are slightly edited now, but I just made it for fun. Now who is better, moo` file uploader or soldatworld?
Here she is in all her glory, all you should need to do is extract to your Soldat Root Folder, and then go for your life.

Sounds from AutoSpeak and [url="http://www.a1freesoundeffects.com/vehicles.html">Transportation Sound Effects

Kudos to m00` for his file uploader, and Lapis for his chainsaw -> vehicle. Put up on the front page if you like, Lappy!

NB: DO NOT Right Click --> Save Target As, unless you want m00`'s file uploader on your hard-disk, and make sure you disable pop-up blocking before you enter, or allow pop-ups from m00`'s site at least.

DownloadThe Vehicle Sounds and more (sorry about double file extention, I didn't know if the renamer left the extention or not :/)

Deleted User
January 24, 2005, 12:17 am
Added to the front of the list, Unlucky 13!

The Geologist
January 24, 2005, 1:58 am
Really sexy additional crystal colors LL ;D Me likey.

MOFO NOFO
January 24, 2005, 3:16 pm
i have another idea if u want.
Make the barret into a plank of wood(brow thing?) saying 'imgay'

Deleted User
January 24, 2005, 4:30 pm
I don't want to offend anyone with the mods, MOFO NOFO. Everyone has a right to use whichever weapon they like. However, this is not a barret/weapon thread.

Thank you for your idea, though. If you have any others, feel free to let me know!

MOFO NOFO
January 24, 2005, 6:40 pm
ok :), i have MANY more, how about a lil propeller on your head (helmet/hat) :P, or instead, a lil umbrella on your head :D

other ideas:
tooth pick knife
mace for knife
fire works for law
a baseball cap (i dunno what hat is, to me its no baseball cap)
jets that shoot eggs
egg launcher (law)
egg bullets for all guns
2 chickens for deagles
and many more

note: no i dont want all of this stuff, its jut suggestions :)

bananaboi
January 24, 2005, 6:49 pm
you should make the top hat a gostosk goob job anyway

Maxx
January 25, 2005, 12:41 am
Make some cool nade mods.

EXAMPLE:nightcabbage's white nades mod
they don't have to still look like nades though

ZiL90
January 25, 2005, 1:32 am
I want this on the front :)

Download ->http://www.filespace.org/ZiL90/KNIFE.rar
Screenie ->http://www.filespace.org/ZiL90/o_O.png

Want to toss something HUGE at your foes? Teh Bulldozer is the solution! Just replace Knife.bmp and Knife2.bmp in your Weapons GFX directory and you will be equipped with a big-assed vehicle to smash your enemies! And this should give on-topicalness since it's a vehicle :P.

Maxx
January 25, 2005, 2:42 am
LOL, nice.:)

Does it look like you're in a vehicle when you're holding it?

ZiL90
January 25, 2005, 5:30 am
Looks more like you're carrying the vehicle :P

NightCabbage
January 25, 2005, 8:17 am
[IMAGE]
Dead Head

[IMAGE]
TROLLY WAHAHHAAH

[IMAGE]

Also u can download the Pikmin mod here :)

http://www.ids.org.au/~spmartin/

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 7:13 pm
how about a pencil for a knife?

STEELIX
January 25, 2005, 8:09 pm
Been done:
[URL]

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 8:14 pm
so thats why i thought it felt familier me saying it.. i have that mod lol, well, then hows about a basketball knife, or a baseball bat :P

NightCabbage
January 26, 2005, 5:01 am
Baha, but no-one's made Pikmin before!! XD

Rhombus
January 26, 2005, 7:19 am
I like it, but now you're just bragging :p

Unlucky 13
January 26, 2005, 9:00 am
OK, Pokeballs were done, but without screen, so I sat at my PC waiting for some to appear, and viola! Good shall come to he who waits!
Lappy, I just want you to say thanks Unlucky when you post these on front page :D

Screens:
Pokeball in mid-air (I think)
[IMAGE]

Cluster bits, shot from pokeball on landing (I think)
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
January 26, 2005, 3:48 pm
Yep, that would be them, Unlucky 13. Thanks for screenshots, I'll add them to the front page right away.

Mysterio
January 26, 2005, 5:25 pm
pokeballs? you watching pokemon unlucky 13?

MOFO NOFO
January 26, 2005, 9:45 pm
unlucky 13 = 13??

NightCabbage
January 26, 2005, 11:30 pm
OMG OMG OMG

THE POKEBALL THING

MAKE IT SO AFTER THE POKEBALL BLOWS UP LITTLE PIKACHUS COME OUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Deleted User
January 27, 2005, 1:41 am
I was going to, actually, but the chore of drawing pikachu.. just became a bother. If anyone else wants to draw it, feel free. I'll get to it eventually, I suppose.

Vijchtidoodah
January 27, 2005, 2:39 am
[IMAGE]
viola!

It's a little green tinted and looks funny, but who really cares...

[IMAGE]

N1nj@
January 27, 2005, 2:55 am
LOL! this is great. It's perfect! Someone should do a pokemon mod..kinda like DBZ

Unlucky 13
January 27, 2005, 3:04 am
o.0 I am gonna replace the funny things with them! Yay! Kamakazi Pikachu!

(And i took the picture for Lappy's needs Mysterio, but we all used to watch pokemon, you cant say you didnt!)
PS: Sorry if the two different file types annoyed anyone, but i thort if the second was JPG the squiggles might warp too much.

STEELIX
January 27, 2005, 1:38 pm
POKEMON!!! YAY!!!! <3

[IMAGE]
I've made some more stuff with pokemon, ...heck, I might even make a pokemon mod if y'all like this :D
[URL]

yay...pokemon...
oh, I don't watch it, but I've played the gameboy games which were quite enjoyable ;)

---
link fixed ;)

Unlucky 13
January 28, 2005, 5:15 am
Oh, the link is broken, copy to your address bar.

Raijin1999
January 28, 2005, 12:03 pm
change the bullets to Squirtles!

reckon
February 20, 2005, 6:57 am
Can you make the knife a gray rock?

February 20, 2005, 11:22 am
Can we eat pie? Of course we can. All u have to do is change the colours in the crystal shard knife thingy and voila, you have a rock! Ah, the wonders of soldat.

reckon
February 21, 2005, 5:56 pm
Well thats not so much a rock than it is a shard still.
I guess I could expieriment in paint though, it never hurts.

February 22, 2005, 10:45 am
Yes, unless you juggle knives, That hurts. Urm, how to throw crystal shards?