/setteam(SPEC.)?
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
January 19, 2005, 7:27 am
/setteam1 Player = Change player to red
/setteam2 Player = Change player to blue
/setteam3 Player = Change player to yellow
/setteam4 Player = Change player to limegreen

And change player to Spec.? Help me michal!

n00bface
January 19, 2005, 3:42 pm
Cannot be done, it's been suggested though! Your only option to get a player to SPEC is to tell him to rejoin as spectator, and then kick him :P

Michal Marcinkowski
January 19, 2005, 8:04 pm
Oh I can add this option with the next server release.

Sam
January 19, 2005, 8:08 pm
Cool, cant see why u would want someone to be a spectator though. There should also (if 'setteam spec' is implemented) be the option to force someone to spec, or not join the server. So they can join the server but only as a spectator, else they are instantly kicked. Otherwise they might just join back.

Deleted User
January 19, 2005, 8:16 pm
thanks michal!

n00bface
January 19, 2005, 11:48 pm
quote: Cool, cant see why u would want someone to be a spectator though

Well one thing I can think of (for lazy people) is that sometimes when you want to spectate a clanwar, all the spectator slots are filled up, but with this, server admins could just setteam any spectator-wannabes into a spectator spot.

Michal Marcinkowski
January 20, 2005, 3:16 pm
Can't you set the max_spectators?

n00bface
January 20, 2005, 4:29 pm
quote:(for lazy people)
But yeah, you could. I only keep 2 slots open on my servers, because people use them up a lot and I don't like them taking up player slots. But when I have a clan war, usually 3-5 people want to spectate, and I wouldn't want to edit the settings and restart the server for just one round..of course another solution for /setteam'ing to spectator would be to make it so that spectators don't use player slots...

SERIAL KILLeR
January 20, 2005, 5:12 pm
Add an option to set a max players for every team, Alpha, Charlie, bravo, Delta and Spectators and 0 would disable a team.

Aquarius
January 20, 2005, 5:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by SERIAL KILLeRAdd an option to set a max players for every team, Alpha, Charlie, bravo, Delta and Spectators and 0 would disable a team.

great idea

Sam
January 20, 2005, 8:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacequote: Cool, cant see why u would want someone to be a spectator though

Well one thing I can think of (for lazy people) is that sometimes when you want to spectate a clanwar, all the spectator slots are filled up, but with this, server admins could just setteam any spectator-wannabes into a spectator spot.

But if all player and spectator slots are full, you wouldnt be able to set them to be spectator because they arent in the server! :P