( search forums )
Game Mode Editor
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
KeFear
January 19, 2005, 8:31 am
Another big suggestion from me, the Game Mode Editor.

It would be similar to the weapons editor, you could set a lot of things, some "triggers", and so on.

Of course, this would need lot of improvements in Soldat, as my other suggestion for the mod-system (http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=20226)
But it would solve anyone's problem, and would open huge opportunities.

what you think?

Unlucky 13
January 19, 2005, 10:19 am
It sounds too... Halo-ish, but it isn't a bad idea, but we must discuss the triggers!

Will
January 19, 2005, 10:53 am
sounds ok to me. then people who want objectives mode can actually make it instead of moaning.

Rhombus
January 19, 2005, 12:27 pm
ye, that way we might be able to make single player campaigns w00t :p

Will
January 19, 2005, 1:54 pm
yay! i never thought of that... oooooo

*tingles with exitement*

KeFear
January 19, 2005, 3:40 pm
hmm.. halo-ish... guess what, i've never played with halo.

And of course, the triggers, and everything must be discussed first.

Jaz
January 19, 2005, 5:39 pm
Ok I thought about this and its a great idea, like making mods for games such as HL2 etc...but don't you have to give away the source code or something for people to tingle with the game settings.

KeFear
January 19, 2005, 6:02 pm
I think the source code is not neccessary. Just some ini files, and the game itself would work with that. Like the weapons.ini

Or like in my other ide, the mod-system (check it out too)

enjoyincubus
January 20, 2005, 2:56 am
It sounds ideal. But ideals...well.

I suppose it could be done. I'd much rather see Michal put work into an SDK though.

KeFear
January 21, 2005, 12:35 pm
Oh yes, an SDK would be much better... but more difficult too...

Maluno
January 21, 2005, 8:26 pm
Has michael said that he is working on an SDK? I wasnt aware of this, but, this is big. VERY big.

Meandor
January 22, 2005, 5:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by MalunoHas michael said that he is working on an SDK? I wasnt aware of this, but, this is big. VERY big.

I think he said he wasn't last time, because he wanted to develop the game more.

KeFear
March 1, 2005, 12:53 am
bump. Any new comments on the idea? ;)

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 1, 2005, 1:54 am
The timeline project is a Single Player Campaign unoffical gamemode that is being made as we speak. The link is right below, but the download links are down for the moment, so just sit tight for a bit.