( search forums )
Long leather coat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
CK
January 19, 2005, 3:47 pm
'lo all

CK here, with a (possibly unique) question, about modding of course.

I just cobbled a mod together from bits and pieces of other ones (with a few bits of my own work in there) to go with a story I'm writing. The next thing I would like to do is create the long leather coat that my main character wears. I had thought of editing the gosteks, but since these are common elements, every other bot or player would end up with a black leather coat that fell to their ankles, and this is something I'm striving to avoid, as the coat is unique to this particular character.
My question is: since none of the bots concerned wear hats, would it be possible for me to mod the hat gostek in such a way that it appears that I am wearing a long coat? I had thought of starting the coat's collar where the hat ended (thus using it as a guideline) and erasing it afterwards, or something along these lines. The only forseeable problems with this would be the fact that the coat would not fold and flutter as flowing garments tend to do (unless I modded the waist gostek as well... hmmm) and that the game might not accept an image file for the hat gostek that was beyond a certain height (due to the coat's length). The green area around the hat is considerably spacious, I think, so really that second one is just me overanticipating, I guess.
In any case, feedback on my ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance,
CK

EDIT:
I am such an idiot. Or maybe just arrogant- I checked out the third topic down from this one about a minute after I finished typing it; in it was practically the same question.
That'll teach me to assume my queries are original, won't it?
Apologies for the useless post... although feel free to reply anyway if you have new ideas on the matter.
CK

SERIAL KILLeR
January 19, 2005, 3:53 pm
Changing the hat would be good i think it will look strange when ur character is looking around (heads rotates).

Sam
January 19, 2005, 8:44 pm
And it might look wierd when you crouch or go prone :P.

Rhombus
January 20, 2005, 7:34 pm
Ill tell you this: it wont possibly work. If you open the hats in paint, you will see that the left side of the picture actually becomes the lower part in-game. (its turned counter-clockwise) The only way you can make the hat bigger is to make it bigger on the right side, which make the coat go up. The only possible way is by changing the body...

papasurf31
January 23, 2005, 12:23 am
Actually, if you modified the chain's on the dog tags to make them long rectangles, it would sort of look like a coat. More a like a cape, but some hard work and diligency will make it successful. Check out the batman gostek someone made that used the same basic concept.