( search forums )
hilarious new bow death idea!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
January 19, 2005, 11:55 pm
from rambo_6's idea but has nothing rly to do with his

it'd be awesomely cool if in a rambo game when u get shot by a bow the bow keeps flying straight until it hits something and ur body also stays on the bow and flies with it - then u'd have like bodies hanging of walls and tops from bows!!!
even better if bodies don't disappaear and neither do the bows that hit them! u'd have like handing bodies everywhere - but like maybe have a max of 20 or like 30 dead bodies and after every other hangning dead body the older one's would disappear
this way u could also get multiple kills with one shot and have like 2 bodies hanging off one bow at a wall

edit:
Will's idea (should be in topic): have the flaming bow pull u into the wall and THEN explode - since it moves slower than normal bow it won't hurt u as much on the hit but when ur pierced at the wall and it explodes u then u'll DIE!!!!!

edit2:
u can control when the flaming bow should explode by clicking "drop weapon" button (default "f") - tat would also be quite nifty!

kkazican
January 19, 2005, 11:59 pm
lol that would be hilarious. especially in places like arena 1 at the bottom where everyone dies. To have like 20 corpses just hanging around on the ceiling. sounds fun.

The Geologist
January 20, 2005, 12:03 am
Do you mean "bodies hanging from arrows", and "if you get shot by an arrow the arrows keep flying"? Because you use the bow to shoot the arrows. If that's what you mean, I'd really like this idea...it'd be way funny to see little Soldats hanging from walls or ceilings. Good idea!

Morik
January 20, 2005, 12:15 am
i concur, they could have a really small map with tons of dead bodies laying on the ground with arrows sticking out of them

zyxstand
January 20, 2005, 1:27 am
yea i meant arrows sry - it'd be cool to have dead bodies hanging off the arrows on the walls and ceilings - i'll make a screenshot of it for u guys in a while...(likemaybe 2morro)

Deleted User
January 20, 2005, 2:44 am
This is by far the greatest idea ever. I love Rambo, I love comedy, and now I love you for suggesting this. XD

Milkman Dan
January 20, 2005, 2:49 am
thats just like the crossbow in hl2

m00`
January 20, 2005, 3:11 am
yah, cool idea :D

Rambo_6
January 20, 2005, 3:16 am
I like this idea, but it seems unrealistic that a soldier would get hit by an arrow, then get propelled into the air into a wall. Wouldn't the arrow just go right through the guy in real life?

Maybe you could have it so that it only sticks your guy to the wall if he is close enough, like say an inch.

Funny idea though.

Liquid Metal
January 20, 2005, 3:50 am
Lol cool. Then u can play predator and hang ppl up on the roof.

Will
January 20, 2005, 11:56 am
how could an arrow have that much power? maybe if they were next to the wall when you shot them they got stuck to it...

the arrow couldnt carry a man because if you shot him THAT hard it would just go straight through him.

LazehBoi
January 20, 2005, 12:02 pm
Guys, this isn't just any old bow... It's the RAMBO BOW! It has leet magic powers.
Good idea. *claps*

Will
January 20, 2005, 12:15 pm
good point. but it shouldnt work for the flame arrows because that would be silly...

OMG! i just had a thought... how cool would it be if you shot the person with a fire arrow.. it carries them to the wall and then BOOM! lol, flying explosive people of doom.

Rhombus
January 20, 2005, 1:31 pm
just what rambo 6 said, u shuld be close to the wall before mr. rambo can pin you to it.

DeMonIc
January 20, 2005, 1:33 pm
Yay, cheerio, I like this idea.

Boxo
January 20, 2005, 1:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 I like this idea, but it seems unrealistic that a soldier would get hit by an arrow, then get propelled into the air into a wall. Wouldn't the arrow just go right through the guy in real life?

Maybe you could have it so that it only sticks your guy to the wall if he is close enough, like say an inch.

Funny idea though.

You saw this coming, didn't ya?

Soldat ain't realistic!

It'd be hilarious to see people nailed to the walls by arrows. Please make it happen ^^

zyxstand
January 20, 2005, 9:26 pm
thnks for good reviews - it is a MAGIC bow (a magic rambo bow to be percise) - and dind't u guys ever see like ur body flying far far away when hit by a bow? (also with barret) as of to Will's idea im gonna put tat in the main topic's idea with a slight twist...

D Shadow
January 20, 2005, 11:55 pm
Ya I think its a good ideal to if a person when he gets shoot with a arrow he gets stuck in the wall for awhile.

mar77a
January 21, 2005, 12:36 am
Its a good idea, but there is a problem...

Corpses disappear when the play spawns again.

zyxstand
January 21, 2005, 12:49 am
good job mar77a - u figured out some of hte most basic concepts of the game - so therefore we will all use our heads REAL HARD to think of a way to get around this pseudo-problem - hmm....AHH: don't make the corpses disappear when they're dead until like there r more than 25 dead bodies on the map as i said b4...YAY

Rambo_6
January 21, 2005, 1:25 am
Or make it so only the player's head travels with the bow XD

That would be funny.

murakumo32
January 21, 2005, 1:46 am
how about the bodies fall from the ceiling so when you're under it *plop* DEAD PEOPLE ATTACKING PLAYER!!!

Deleted User
January 21, 2005, 4:14 pm
Yeah ! very good and impresive IDEA !
I love it ! :D

Rhombus
January 21, 2005, 6:11 pm
I know this wont ever be implemented, but wouldnt it be cool if, after some time, your body slides over the arrow and drops off from the ceiling? This would make it a survival horror game like silent hill lol

Maluno
January 22, 2005, 11:26 pm
Hehe, I love it. Well, maybe not the arrow idea, but I have always been wanting the corpses of dead players to stick around longer. They should slowly fade, or "melt" into the ground when they dissapear too, rather than just blinking out. Please, longer corpse visibility time? I like hiding in them (i am all red and bloody colored), and then jumping up and catching people by suprise.

zyxstand
January 23, 2005, 1:02 am
how bout we just stick to my idea and don't add too many weird things to it tat'll just make it a more useless idea (more useless than it is - BUT ITS FUNNY!!!!!)

o, Michal, btw - did u no i lov u? XD

SPARTAN_III
January 23, 2005, 3:04 pm
yeah, stick people to walls a la half life

Famine
January 23, 2005, 3:54 pm
quote:it'd be awesomely cool if in a rambo game when u get shot by a bow the bow keeps flying straight until it hits something and ur body also stays on the bow and flies with it - then u'd have like bodies hanging of walls and tops from bows!!!

This is soldat...not painkiller.

kwanfei
January 24, 2005, 10:04 pm
great ideas!

MakroX
January 26, 2005, 4:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Willgood point. but it shouldnt work for the flame arrows because that would be silly...

OMG! i just had a thought... how cool would it be if you shot the person with a fire arrow.. it carries them to the wall and then BOOM! lol, flying explosive people of doom.

hmm.. great idea, explosive arrow shot at a soldat, turns it into another weapon like a m79 shot.. and if this body hits another body it makes a chain kill :o or something =P

quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 Or make it so only the player's head travels with the bow XD

That would be funny.

err.. so if u hit ur enemies' leg, the head will still be the victim?

Michal Marcinkowski
January 26, 2005, 5:56 pm
quote:o, Michal, btw - did u no i lov u? XD
Send me your picture, maybe this is a beginning of a new relationship ... ;)
I don't know if this can be done, I'll play with it, maybe it will work.

February 20, 2005, 6:11 am
Hmm, hey look a person!
*impale*
another person!
*impale*
another one!
*impale*
ok you get it, it'll be really fun, but in a heavy match, rambo doesn't like to be killed by falling bodies, it's not very fun ^!^

Vijchtidoodah
February 20, 2005, 6:15 am
117, please check the dates of the threads that you're posting in. Unless it's a very important idea that you feel you need to add, most people don't like reading old stuff.

zyxstand
February 20, 2005, 6:58 am
well thnx 117 for bringing my topic back up - but DON"T DO IT AGAIN!
btw, those bodies disappear after the person respawns!

zambo_the_clown
February 20, 2005, 12:57 pm
be awesome to watch their blood just pour and it be splattered on the walls and stuff once they hit it. awesome idea man

zyxstand
February 20, 2005, 5:07 pm
lmao - as a matter of fact, it would also be awesome if they could just be handing and drip blood in massive amounts... although you wouldn't really see that if they're on the floor...

zambo_the_clown
February 21, 2005, 11:43 am
then have blood be able to fall farther instead of disappearing after falling a few feet

Deleted User
February 21, 2005, 12:38 pm
can we eat the bodies like a shish kebab? thats what Rambo would do. it makes him strong

Rhombus
February 21, 2005, 4:58 pm
oh yay, the big and mighty M tries to implement it. Ohhh This would make rambo more attractive.

zyxstand
February 21, 2005, 10:25 pm
haha - i also made a suggestion on eating dead people to get health... yo 117 - how bout u go do some search on that topic by me - i'm sure you'll love it! and it might go well with this idea!

lastpatriot
March 9, 2005, 1:15 pm
I like this idea, but how about the flame arrows cause a molotov cocktail sort of explosion that injures whoever is around it, not to mention the prospect of a burning body falling from the sky...

Wopkeuh
March 9, 2005, 1:18 pm
What would happen if an arrow impaled soldier flies through the air and manages to hit you?

Rhombus
March 9, 2005, 4:36 pm
2 dead bodies on a stick. Barbecued if you use a flaming arrow.

Da cHeeSeMaN
March 9, 2005, 4:42 pm
dude this wud be da roxxors

Wopkeuh
March 9, 2005, 8:35 pm
Imagine hitting 5 people with one arrow :P

zyxstand
March 9, 2005, 9:06 pm
yup, i totally agree to that it is a marvelous idea! XD

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 10:47 pm
good idea......BAHA!!!

Vanana
March 16, 2005, 1:46 am
very creative, bot NO multikills plz =)

zyxstand
March 16, 2005, 1:56 am
what u mean no mutli kills?

Captain Ben
March 16, 2005, 6:26 am
it's be helpful on zombie servers...

JiggaBlue
March 16, 2005, 8:13 am
USELESS+lag=me no like

Elemental
March 17, 2005, 3:12 am
Useless i wouldnt say..it would add fun to soldat, plus some kicks n' giggles XD