( search forums )
CTF Undersea - My second map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Uber Beast
January 20, 2005, 9:29 pm
Here is my second its called ctf_undersea and it got no shades becuase i did'ent think they whould be at just this map.

Well here,s my screens

This is the overview of my map
[IMAGE]

This is the blue spawn
[IMAGE]

And the red spawn
[IMAGE]

And the D/L [URL]
Yep thats it Cya

PS:Hope you like my map (that you will not cuz i kno)

(Edit) I forgot the D/L

Magniitude
January 21, 2005, 12:51 am
Looks too simple. Doesnt look like its undersea too much because its an enclosed map (look at the top.) I think shading would've helped the map a lot. More scenery will help it too, and maybe change the color of the background because it is a very plain looking blue.

Oh yea, when you want to make ctf maps make both sides equal so they have the same advantages / disadvantages. Maybe this will be good for death/teammatch?

i'd give it a 6/10, but you can do better.

Rambo_6
January 21, 2005, 1:06 am
Your images take bloody ages to load, try finding a better host.

Edit: My eyes hurt just from viewing the screens. Can you say UGLY COLOR? XD

;P

Sprocket
January 21, 2005, 11:05 am
to hard to see.. 6.5\10

grand_diablo
January 21, 2005, 2:56 pm
How the heck do you manage to make jpegs 800 kb big?

D/L IrfanView (www.irfanview.com) and save it with 90% quality while disabling color subsampling and preserving the EXIF/JPIC/... data.

Deleted User
January 21, 2005, 5:06 pm
If the others havn't said it already:

Scenery. Add some scenery. Seaweed, bubbles, sea-life, coral, a treasure chest, a skeleton, Davy Jones' locker... do something.

Shading. You need to shade it to help players differentiate between the background and the polys. Maybe make all the edges of the map dark, and let them brighten towards the center. That way at least there'd be an outline.

Re-adjust the upper path. Its too straightforward, too appealing, and too simple. It's a short jaunt from one side to the other. Add in some deterrents, make them work to get there, and even up the bases more than just a little.
Take the top off the map, exted the walls, and have all the powerups fall from the sky. That would make it a great deal more appealing as they could (temporarily) take the fight out of the water.

Droopy
January 22, 2005, 1:16 pm
my eyes hurt too much. 4/10

Darkspirit
February 19, 2005, 9:36 pm
OK.. Maybe it's ur 2nd map so its not too good... sorry, better luck next time. 45%

Sacola
February 19, 2005, 10:22 pm
this color hurts my vision, 5,5/10