( search forums )
redParasite v. 1.0 (comment!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
liquidis x snake
January 21, 2003, 2:58 am
well, after a week or two off of mapmaking, i'm back with a new map. this is titled redParasite. it's a city that gets overtaken by a red virus / parasite, and you, the idiotic human that you are, decide to blow eachother up in the midst of it. very nice.

i hate these user-unfriendly mapmakers >:O.

yeah this map has a couple glitches, but hey - i dont use editpro. i use that piece of crap mapmaker that comes with soldat. the only reason i do is because u can turn wireframe on or off (unlike editpro which only allows wireframe)

no waypoints on this map. anyone that wants to is free to, i would appreciate it.

anyway, enjoy!

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] redParasite1.jpg157.12 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] redParasite2.jpg128.81 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] redParasite3.jpg117.65 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] redParasite4.jpg149.82 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] redParasite.zip26.9 KB

Darac
January 21, 2003, 4:01 am
well... umm.... nothing i havnt seen before.

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 21, 2003, 4:43 am
ok...ive seen pretty much all the maps youve posted on the forums...here are some comments...

-It seems your maps ALL look good...
-The problem is they're only for looks, you might want to work on the "layout" of the map

You have a lot of potential and skill now you just need perfect and tweak it...most people play maps for fun and not for looks...so i suggest working on the layout THEN the looks because you have the looks down. Maybe even draw out the map on paper before you create the map in the editors. Also try to make the maps bug free...by connecting the polys together with edit pro you create bugs...so avoid connecting them...or if you do connect them...make sure that there will be no bugs there...ie...putting a poly over the "problematic area" so people don't encounter the bug.

hope that helps your future maping endevaors.

Darac
January 21, 2003, 4:57 am
also no one is going to play your map unless it has bots.... work on you botting

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 21, 2003, 5:15 am
actually i disagree...
You don't need botting to have a good map...however it is always good to have botting, most people that play online dont really care for bots...mainly because BOTS SUCK. With botting, however...more people are likely to download your map. That does not mean no one will download it, only less people will. Layouts are more important than botting. IMO botting is least important...

1) Layout
2) Bugs
3) Looks
4) Bots

But hey...thats just me.

Darac
January 21, 2003, 5:23 am
shhhhhh maybe he doesnt know that..... the more ppl incoraged to bot the better, i dont know to many ppl that can do bots with out bugs :/
lets see.....
me, arcwolf, ...who else?

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 21, 2003, 5:24 am
there are more. i am not one of them. the only reason im discouraged to map is because of botting...

Darac
January 21, 2003, 6:09 am
botting isnt hard.... you just need to know what your doing, then its really really really eaay... :/

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 21, 2003, 6:19 am
i can bot...but not as well as arcwolf or as bug free...i just dont like botting...id rather be making another map

High
January 21, 2003, 9:46 pm
liquidis x snake: nice...too bad you cant make some of the triangle appear in the back...or else it would be much better...i love of your maps that you made...good job..

Darac
January 21, 2003, 10:24 pm
your not hard to please are you high....? every thred i see with a new map and you there saying, "i like it! good job..."

High
January 21, 2003, 11:46 pm
Darac: ya i guess so...at least they did a better job than me...

liquidis x snake
January 22, 2003, 1:54 am
-__--------. i hate compiling in the soldat MapMaker because, frankly, when u do, it moves the polygons around a bit. meaning creating bugs. this doesnt happen with editpro but i dont like edit pro because of the fact its only wireframe. bleh. damn this world to hell.

liquidis x snake
January 22, 2003, 1:59 am
and botting... well, ive tried it and i suck at it. my bots run into walls, corners, and stay there. its horrible. i make my maps in like.. what 30 minutes? they are just for the "wow" factor for looks. i mean, sure if i actually spend TIME on a map, ill make it one of the best damn soldat maps you'll ever play. maybe i should consider gameplay... have you guys seen my dha_clan_map? its probably the best PLAYING map ive created. here it is if you want something with playability.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] dha_clan_map.zip24.52 KB

yeah... ill start making better playing maps then...

Piglet
January 22, 2003, 3:46 pm
i find botting maps the easier bit, but then again i'm a proggramer first and a map/image/etc maker second

d0lny
February 22, 2003, 8:46 pm
I really like the graphics but the map must be playable and good looking. As someone before me said - we play on the map because it's original/has something that makes it playable. Work on the design more - the look is already [IMAGE]