( search forums )
Converting .ogg files to soldat music?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Rambo_6
January 21, 2005, 2:03 am
I have in my hands some awesome music for replacing the original soldat songs, but the problem is, they are in .ogg format. How do i make them the right format???

Any help would be appreciated :)

BManx2000
January 21, 2005, 2:30 am
Do you mean to MP3s? If not, the short answer is no. The long answer is kinda yes, but only with huge files and big loading times. If yes, download Audacity, then download the LAME mp3 encoder. When you try to save as MP3 for the first time, Audacity will ask to you locate LAME.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
http://mitiok.free.fr/

Rambo_6
January 22, 2005, 2:57 am
actually, I have Cool Edit pro, so it would be easy to convert them to mp3s.

I have to convert them to the type of file that the default soldat music (bloody soil, etc.) is.

I believe that they are in .it format or something...

frogboy
January 22, 2005, 3:58 am
They're in Tracker format, I think it's impossible to convert music into that format.

BManx2000
January 22, 2005, 4:05 am
Technically, you could make the music one big sample and make a module with the sample played once, but the sample would be converted to uncompressed .wav format, meaning superbiglargehuge files. It also made my loading times shoot through the roof when I tried it. You're better off downloading modules and using modplug tracker to convert them to the appropriate format, or simply use winamp foobar2000.

NightCabbage
January 22, 2005, 4:34 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000Technically, you could make the music one big sample and make a module with the sample played once, but the sample would be converted to uncompressed .wav format, meaning superbiglargehuge files. It also made my loading times shoot through the roof when I tried it. You're better off downloading modules and using modplug tracker to convert them to the appropriate format, or simply use winamp foobar2000.

hehe, BMX remembers our ddiscussion about this from ages ago ^^

Rambo_6
January 22, 2005, 4:09 pm
Damn.

How do i use this foobar thingy?

BManx2000
January 22, 2005, 4:54 pm
Notice the winamp. Most people just use their music program of choice in the backround.

Rambo_6
January 22, 2005, 8:03 pm
Won't that cause some lag though?

Deleted User
January 22, 2005, 8:22 pm
Not really. Atleast I didn't get any on a 500 mhz with integrated graphics card and 64mb ram. :P

Rambo_6
January 23, 2005, 3:36 pm
Lol.

I'll figure something out.

NightCabbage
January 25, 2005, 3:30 am
Winamp 2.77 > all