( search forums )
CTF BXb - the dark side of B2b (1.0.1 update)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
January 21, 2005, 2:05 pm
My remake of B2b.

- mirrored
- totally different "theme" than the two B2b versions ("normal", "Winter") before

After my first try to equal B2b for the TNL (ctf_B2bm) turned out mediocre only, I decided to do a full remake, that is more than just an equalized copy. So I took a completely different theme, than the spring/winter (1.2.1) themes of the former B2b maps. So I gave it a theme Id call "Broken Land". Everything looks darkish and dusty, only on the lower way you will find some fresh green. Additionally, the gameplay differs from original B2b due to a different shape and some other elements. Also the middle works fine now, you won't find the bouncy poly there, which shoots you up when trying to change from the upper to the lower way on B2b.

Download:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/stuff/ctf_BXb.PMS

Screen:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/stuff/ctf_BXb.jpg

(no botwaypoints)

Thanks to Luke (p-L), Rune and [SW]Perry for helping me betatesting it and giving good suggestions.

*UPDATE*
Map version 1.0.1 up: Spikes on the lower way now thicker and a bit raised. Slightly more jetfuel, some minor bugs fixed.

Melba
January 21, 2005, 2:15 pm
that looks damn good.

mar77a
January 21, 2005, 3:04 pm
Looking good...!!!!

The Dark Side of the Moo...em...B2b...

Deleted User
January 21, 2005, 5:10 pm
Wow. The map looks very excellent, grand diablo. I especially love the detail (or should I say care?) put into the bridges and the area about them. Excellent job.

The only complaint I could have is the empty space outside the map. I just like to see solid ground beyond a map, but that's me.

10/10

GluLm
January 21, 2005, 6:09 pm
Very nice map.
The texture looks ugly but the overall design is fine. And this red colour on each side it really odd, almost unpleasant! Brown should be better.
You really did a good work as for not letting bumpy polygons (on the bridges, that is). Good point.
I'd say that I don't like those weird orange spikes at the bottom of the map, and the 4 stalagtites on each side... you should make them thicker so that they become actually part of the big platforms.
Also I agree with Lapis Lazuli about the empty space all around the map, especially at the bottom.

zoldat
January 21, 2005, 6:47 pm
yai ill get it

Deleted User
January 21, 2005, 7:07 pm
Looks good :D Gj

Boxo
January 21, 2005, 7:51 pm
It's just b2b, recolored, and with some extra islands, even though it's g_d's. The upper part has nice colour, I love the middle part, but the lower-middle is ugly imho, too contrasting :/

Pretty gj.

Michal
January 21, 2005, 8:46 pm
I like it, definatly a different feel from the other B2Bs.
Reminds me of Bunker for some reason.
Very good attention to details.

Gimp
January 22, 2005, 12:20 am
it looks like one of sprokcets maps dont you think?

LazehBoi
January 22, 2005, 12:43 am
That map = awesomeness. The only bad thing is the bottom, if that was less grassy and more earthen looking then this map would probably be my favourite CTF map.

Rambo_6
January 22, 2005, 2:40 am
Not bad, I like the theme, but the bottom ground is a bit thin.
G/J

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 22, 2005, 5:27 am
it looks like its pretty good, but i wont bother downloading it cuz it looks like same ole' rehash of b2b. good job though.

ThaD
January 22, 2005, 10:15 am
not only it looks good but is fair for both teams

Chakra
January 22, 2005, 10:46 am
that middle bit looks delicious.

Deleted User
January 22, 2005, 5:18 pm
very nice map...

9.8/10

grand_diablo
February 20, 2005, 1:14 pm
*UPDATE*
Map version 1.0.1 up: Spikes on the lower way now thicker and a bit raised. Slightly more jetfuel, some minor bugs fixed.

Sam
February 20, 2005, 1:30 pm
You have red on both sides, shouldnt it be red on left, and BLUE on right?

MercyM
February 20, 2005, 2:16 pm
I love it, damn good.

Darkspirit
February 20, 2005, 9:24 pm
I like it. Gj diablo.

Deleted User
February 20, 2005, 9:28 pm
Hey nj gd it's got potencial
(i almost got scared when looking at the screenshot)