( search forums )
G.R.E.N.A.D.E.S.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Judge_Man
January 22, 2005, 5:07 am
OK, im gonna suggest something but before, as i know the forums, you'll mostly answer: " OMG thats gonna be way too powerfull, Way to abused, way too much lame and Whored." or "LEAVE THEM ALONE, they are good as they are." Im still gonna suggest it.

Suggestion:

Ok, Im REALLY tired of throwing 4 nades on a guy and he still lives so, i suggets that EVERY NADE is ALWAYS a 1-hit-kill. Like M79 nades.

Now feel free to explode in rage seeing this suggestion and/or flaming me.

Thank you.

mar77a
January 22, 2005, 5:47 pm
Emm, Nades ARE one "explode" kill, Try throwing a grenade on a players face and he will die instantly...

DeMonIc
January 22, 2005, 6:00 pm
I love you.I want this, badly.

..but you can do that already: if you hit the feet, it does the same amount of damage as an M79.

Deleted User
January 22, 2005, 6:03 pm
LMAO ! mar77a is true ...and when u want more reality test REALISTIC MODE...

Meandor
January 22, 2005, 6:04 pm
I never understood really, sometimes the nades seem to do random damage. But it's probably a lag issue.

blackdevil0742
January 22, 2005, 6:09 pm
when i played they did one hit kill...so i it must be lag.

Taxista
January 22, 2005, 6:45 pm
Yeah i think that the nades should kill with a single one too.

[S][K]Taxi

Droopy
January 22, 2005, 8:06 pm
When there's no lag, nades can kill a player with 80% health. If realistic is on, one nade can kill 3 or more players at full health(if they are cloe together). Thats why I love realistic mode.

And yes, they are perfect the way they are(they're the only weapon that doesnt need changing, beside all secondary).

Maluno
January 22, 2005, 11:18 pm
Ive hit already injured people directly in the face with a nade, knocking them out of the air where they were flying. The hit that knocks them out of the air should kill them, if they have low health anyway, but suprisingly it often doesnt.

Though you may pass it off as a lag problem, I only play on servers where lag < 150. I notice stuff like this happen all the time, but what really ticks me off is when I throw a grenade when flying beside someone, hit them in the face, but then I die. I had full health!!! Hehe, it happens a lot too. Oh well, I can deal with it.

Judge_Man
January 23, 2005, 12:15 am
Yeah, i know sometimes it kill in 1 hit. But if you throw a nade down on the HEAD of someone, even without lag, he will not die... or maybe my nades are just balls of lag...

Hmmmm the power of nades is not mentioned in manual... i want to know what it is.

Alamo
January 23, 2005, 12:59 am
don't make them 1 hit 1 kill. Like this it needs skill to toss a nade at your enemy's feet, if it was 1 hit 1 kill it would be simply boring (IMO) regardless of the realism.

CamBot
January 23, 2005, 2:38 am
But then we should tone down one of it's other benefits like acessibility and how much you can hold, etc.

BManx2000
January 23, 2005, 2:41 am
quote:Originally posted by mar77aEmm, Nades ARE one "explode" kill, Try throwing a grenade on a players face and he will die instantly...

Wrong. Nades only one hit kill on the feet.

Grunt002
January 23, 2005, 3:02 am
I dont think this should will be implented, cause PLAY IN REALISTIC MODE because normal soldat gameplay is not REALISTIC

3rd_account
January 23, 2005, 10:56 am
Not one-hit kill. But a lot stronger.

BManx2000
January 23, 2005, 4:43 pm
No! They're one hit kill, I tell you! Try it yourself if you donn't believe me.

Judge_Man
January 23, 2005, 9:28 pm
Wow im surprised that some of you like this idea or at least want them to be stronger.

CamBot and 3rd account ideas are great.

Super N00b
January 23, 2005, 11:36 pm
personally, I don't like the nades. I know I sound like a super n00b (no pun intended) when I say this, but they're hard to aim. You have to hold down the key long to get a good launch. I think they should always fire the same distance. After that, I think they should be a two hit kill weapon.

Keron Cyst
January 24, 2005, 12:16 am
No! Not one-hit kill, implement shrapnel into 'nades.

Judge_Man
January 24, 2005, 4:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Super N00bI think they should be a two hit kill weapon.

Dude....It's a GRENADE..Would you survive after a nade explode on your head?

Thank you.

kwanfei
January 24, 2005, 10:03 pm
i don't know it is lag or what
but my nades always don't kill people in many hit
but kill myself in one hit.....

Taxista
January 24, 2005, 11:00 pm
Well but we ,with one-hit-kill nades, would have less spam with nades then we have imo.

[S][K]Taxi

Vijchtidoodah
January 24, 2005, 11:52 pm
I've wanted shrapnel for so long.

It wouldn't be at all hard to program, just take the cluster grenade and remove the splash damage from the individual clusters (with a little tweaking).

Teh Panda
January 25, 2005, 7:41 am
Theyre one hit kill weapons.. But not allways. Shrapnels should make the job.

STEELIX
January 25, 2005, 8:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Judge_Manquote:Originally posted by Super N00bI think they should be a two hit kill weapon.

Dude....It's a GRENADE..Would you survive after a nade explode on your head?

Thank you.

Would you survive after a spas got blasted into your head?

Thank you.

Keron Cyst
January 26, 2005, 1:48 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystNo! Not one-hit kill, implement shrapnel into 'nades.
Again, just for people who're too lazy to go to the first page ;-)

Taxista
January 26, 2005, 12:52 pm
If they r not always, they r not one hit kill weapons. lol
And why shrapnel if there are clousters ?

[S][K]Taxi

MakroX
January 26, 2005, 4:38 pm
uhm.. nades always kill myself, specially when im flying. explosives r weird with lag, when i shot m79 and it goes near my enemy, the dude just flies away and doesnt kill iono if it damages.. same with nade, they get blowed away but i never kill them? I CANT DO THE 1 HIT KILL.. thats l33t since not all can do it. seems like a cheat, i throw like 4 nades at their face and they just get blowed away -_- but when it bounces on the wall and hit me.. i die inmediatly, lame isnt it?

Judge_Man
January 26, 2005, 6:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by STEELIX

Thank you.

What the spas as do to with grenades here?
Steelix- "I mean that the spas irl is 1-hit-kill but soldat isn't realistic so nades are ok"

I know. But we are not talking about spas here.

Thank You.

mar77a
January 26, 2005, 6:22 pm
Here is the proove that NADES ARE ONE HIT KILL:

Dowload teh Demo

PS: Thanks to boogie man for his action...

Boxo
January 26, 2005, 6:25 pm
Oh, I can eat 2 nades to the head and not die. No lag, co's i threw them myself, on my own server.

AND YES! Shrapnel Baby! I made a thread about it, 'Shrapnel for 'nades'

CamBot
January 28, 2005, 5:07 am
Shrapnel would be cool, like the grenade hurts and the shrapnel if lucky kills them

STEELIX
January 28, 2005, 4:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Judge_Manquote:Originally posted by STEELIX

Thank you.

What the spas as do to with grenades here?
Steelix- "I mean that the spas irl is 1-hit-kill but soldat isn't realistic so nades are ok"

I know. But we are not talking about spas here.

Thank You.

Ok, you're right, sorry.

Judge_Man
January 29, 2005, 3:04 am
quote:Originally posted by STEELIX
Ok, you're right, sorry.

I love when people write that talking about me.

Keron Cyst
January 29, 2005, 9:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Taxista... And why shrapnel if there are clousters ?...
It'd be different. Regular 'nade shrapnel would be less gravity-affected and faster moving (tho' IMO it should disappear in a second or so, to simulate the fragments' deadly heat cooling down), and it could bounce over small polygons to strike a Soldat a bit further away.
Just my thoughts.