( search forums )
Dedicated Server 2.2.5
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Michal Marcinkowski
January 22, 2005, 5:18 pm
Available here: http://www.soldat.pl/down-s.html

I want to improve the server stability with this version, so report how the server behaves. I found a lot of stuff that might cause crashing, I wonder if I'm on the right path. Besides that:
I added more security on Soldat Admin. Added support for banning IP ranges (eg. add "213.22" to banned.txt to ban 213.22.x.x).

Added commands:
/loadwep - for reloading weapons.ini (makes it easier to tweak weapon damages).
/checkwep - for checking weapons mod details for players.
/setteamx command works for all teams and spectators.

Password is no longer needed for weapons mod servers, I think everybody should know (WM) servers and there is more info on the weapons now. Specific info on weapons mod is displayed in console on server join (with weapons mod checksum).

Fixed some logging issues and other.

Please report if the server bans innocent people for cheating or doesn't ban!

b00stA
January 22, 2005, 5:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiPlease report if the server bans innocent people for cheating or doesn't ban!

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=20519
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=20520

mar77a
January 22, 2005, 5:51 pm
Ok, cool, new server, but where's the BAN by name option?

SERIAL KILLeR
January 22, 2005, 5:55 pm
nice!

mar77a
January 22, 2005, 8:26 pm
Which team is the spec? 0 or 5?

Michal Marcinkowski
January 22, 2005, 9:30 pm
/setteam5 - for spectator.

mar77a
January 22, 2005, 9:39 pm
Will all this stuff be avlaible in the next Soldat version?

Denacke
January 22, 2005, 10:18 pm
It is available in 1.2.1 for the clients if the server has 2.2.5

mar77a
January 23, 2005, 1:12 am
Yes, i know but Soldat 1.2.1 is also a Dedicated Server for Windows...

Cold Fusion
January 23, 2005, 2:21 pm
When I was testing out some weapon values, I told the other person who I was testing it with to stand still.

He did that, but at random times started walking over to one side of the screen and didn't stop. Some seconds later, he warped back to where he was. Similar thing where he stops at the edge of a cliff, and on my screen he falls off it, and warps back up after a second.

////////////////////////////////////

/loadwep - for reloading weapons.ini (makes it easier to tweak weapon damages).

A possible improvement to that could be for it to load any weapons file that is in the soldat directory. For example:

/loadwep weapons2

would load a weapons2.ini file.

Another good thing would be to include the name of the mod being used.

Also, invisible bullets from close range are still very much there.

Tank
January 24, 2005, 2:34 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiAvailable here: http://www.soldat.pl/down-s.html

I want to improve the server stability with this version, so report how the server behaves. I found a lot of stuff that might cause crashing, I wonder if I'm on the right path. Besides that:
I added more security on Soldat Admin. Added support for banning IP ranges (eg. add "213.22" to banned.txt to ban 213.22.x.x).

The server is still crashing relatively frequently. I havent seen one of the crash every 5 minute occurances yet but still crashing once every few hours.

The example I saw this morning is where the main parent soldat process continues to run however it drops its binds to all its ports and stops sending data to all those connected.

If you want more info let me know.

Michal Marcinkowski
January 24, 2005, 4:49 pm
Yes this is interesting, can you send me more info on Private Message?

This connection dropping is a relativly new bug? How does it behave if you turn off file downloads or logging. It will be faster for me to find what causes the problem if I know when it works better.

Vangelis
January 31, 2005, 6:45 pm
I just had a small question, has the new dedicated serv been modified so that it deals with lag better? Or ping?

Michal Marcinkowski
January 31, 2005, 7:56 pm
No I haven't done anything in that direction lately.

grand_diablo
January 31, 2005, 9:05 pm
But it needs to be improved. Please try to find the cause for those disappearing, yet hitting, shots and grenades, cause this is one of the most annyoing bugs in the whole game ^^

Michal Marcinkowski
February 1, 2005, 1:44 pm
grand_diablo: What's your server address? Can I play on it?

Bugs Revenge
February 1, 2005, 4:46 pm
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=20783
Knife bug --> kicking meh :( :( :(

peemonkey
February 1, 2005, 5:54 pm
michal, did you make it so it kicks people for using the knife-multiplier bug? because that happens by accident most of the time. i'll throw a knife and it'll double after i killed the guy, and there'll be 2-3 knives there more than half the time.
^could be why bugs here is getting kicked, but only if you tweaked it somehow, mike

hock3y
February 4, 2005, 5:04 pm
I still get the problem that when like say, 5 people try to reconnect at once to download the custom map, the server gives me an error. If people join like 1 by 1, its fine and everyone is able to play. Is that my connection or is there a problem with the server? And they are all trying to download the map at the EXACT same time. I have a feeling it has to do with the server forgetting to switch the map, and when people are joining, maybe it doesn't switch. Because of this, the people join without getting the map and that is what errors the server? I'm not sure if its that or just too many people trying to download at once. Help please.

Michal Marcinkowski
February 4, 2005, 7:24 pm
Is there any error message coming up? I think it's a file sharing problem, thanks for pointing this out.

hock3y
February 14, 2005, 8:56 pm
I think it's just a normal windows error, and it says soldatserver.exe has had an error and needs to shut down.

I'll try and get a screenshot when it happens again.