( search forums )
[Fraps] would to change the format.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
Felix
January 22, 2005, 8:57 pm
Hello all,

How to convert the format fraps ( sdm ) in a format as winamp??

I possess Ddplayer, but I would like to see my video with another program ,like winamp.

b00stA
January 22, 2005, 9:11 pm
You're mixing up a lot.

The files created by Soldat are .SDM and they can only be played back using Soldat.
Fraps is a program to capture what happens in game directly to uncompressed .AVI files (video)
This is what you do:
Open Fraps, configure it.
Start DDplayer, select the demo you want to have as a real video and run it. Soldat will open and then you can start recording with Fraps. Stop recording with Fraps and check the video file. That should be able to play in Windows Media Player or Winamp.

Denacke
January 22, 2005, 9:16 pm
sdm is the format of soldat demo, it can only be played with soldat itself.

winamp and fraps aren't formats, they're programs! winamp for example is an audio/video(latest versions) player that can play sever file formats such as avi,mp(e)g,mp3,wav, etc

To record sdm files to export them to avi, or any other you will have to play it in soldat this way:
- fill in ip: demoname(without extension) port: 0
- join game
- use fraps to record

now fraps will have stored it as an avi format, which can be played in winamp, and from that you can start editting and compressing.

edit: oops seems like boosta beat me to it, sorry :)

Felix
January 22, 2005, 9:19 pm
When I want to recording the sdm file(with f8,and f8 to stop),
that's not recording,and I don't know why...(I've got the 1.9D version)

Liber_Lupus
January 22, 2005, 9:44 pm
You have really mixed up 2 things.
When you want to record .sdm videos you dont need fraps. Join a soldat server, press F8 to start recroding and F8 to stop recording. It's then saved in C:\Soldat\Demos.
Then check out a neat program called Diamond Demo Player. You can view the demos by it and make them into .bmp's and later on to avi's
When you want to record .avi files then use fraps. The default capture key is F9 (i think). SO press F9 to start recording and F9 to stop recording.

Felix
January 22, 2005, 10:20 pm
you're right,I mixed up two things,sorry,I understand better now..
but,when I press F9,that's not recording lol (fraps is a crazy thing :P) ,the default capture is F9...
and with the 1.9 version,all the videos are saved on ma deskop

I do like that:

1.lunch soldat
2.join a game
3.press F9 (Its removed soldier's window, I have to make it reappear )
4.when I want to stop the capture,I press one more time on F9 and then...nothing happen,soldat is blocked and I must do : ctrl+alt+delete to stop soldat :/

well,I need some help:P

ps: I like your avatar Liber_Lupus :D

SERIAL KILLeR
January 22, 2005, 11:06 pm
U dont have to use fraps while u are playing a game because it will slow down you computer and make huge avi-videos.

do like that:

1.launch soldat
2.join a game
3.press F8 to start recording and f8 again to stop recording(records a demo .sdm to your c:/soldat/demos folder and is much smaller then when u use fraps while playing)
3.When u stopped the match (re)play the demo using Diamond Demo Player v1.1 and make a video using fraps while playing the demo.
4.use some program to edit the video and compress it

You can set an other hotkey then f9 for recording in fraps.

AWH_ReApEr
January 22, 2005, 11:11 pm
I'm thinking that you simply need to switch your hotkeys. I think you're saying that the default hotkey for Fraps is F9, which, if I am correct, is the Soldat button to minimize the game. Try simply changing the Fraps recording button to something else, like 0 on the NumPad.

Hope that helps...

Felix
January 23, 2005, 12:04 am
to Serial Killer: when I want to recording with fraps the sdm file (play with soldat),fraps do nothing,I changed the defaut hotkey,but that's not working:

1.I lunch the sdm file with DDplayer,I press "P" (a changed the hotkay)
2.nothing happen....the video continue,and fraps's not recording

if anyone want to show me an example :)

Yukwunhang
January 24, 2005, 7:36 am
You need to enable video capture before you capture the video..
Tick the box where you set the video capture hotkey..

Felix
January 25, 2005, 7:41 pm
That's what I did,but when I want to recording,
fraps recording even not one second,(I see "REC" less than one seconde...)

Felix
February 6, 2005, 5:31 pm
I always have the same problem, here is my configuration of Fraps:
[IMAGE]
During the game, I press on F8,then I play the demo with the DD player,and then I press on 7, but it record that 1 second (2-3ko), where is the problem? 0o

help me,this problem is veryy boringg :/ ,

Hitman
February 6, 2005, 6:16 pm
JA! Another Swiss on the forums! LET US UNITE UND DESTROY ZE [IMAGE]ING VORLD!

Felix
February 6, 2005, 6:25 pm
LOL,I saw you in a server,if you want to meet me,send me a pm :P

but,you had not answer to my question :P

Deleted User
February 6, 2005, 7:09 pm
For christs sake Hitman, don't spam, and answer his bloody question >:( You're the master of movies, after all.

MOFO NOFO
February 7, 2005, 6:04 am
set ur frame rate to 15fps.. believe me, it helps :/ (if youve seen my 1st movie, you'll know why :/)

Felix
February 7, 2005, 9:30 am
That's what I did :P and it still doesn't work normally :/

ps: and I watched your movie^^

GunPowder
March 17, 2005, 12:02 am
I managed to do what i wanted with fraps,But what are the famous program used to compress the videos ??

Kazuki
March 17, 2005, 2:27 am
Set your Capture Hotkey to F12 instead of 7. I find that F12 is much less used than 7, considering that you don't have to vote Yes or No in demos.

The question I want to ask you is: There should be a number "60" on the bottom left corner if you're running Soldat on fullscreen (which I suggest that you do because Fraps 1.9D will really screw up your recordings if you run it in Windowed mode). Does that number 60 turn into "Rec" when you press the hotkey? If not then I will have to talk with you further.

If it does, then you just have to find where the files are. The files you recorded are in your Fraps folder, which is in C:\Fraps\ by default. Look for your Fraps folder, and if there are no videos in it, I'll have to investigate further.

Hope this fixes your problem. :)

chakapoko maker
March 17, 2005, 4:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Felix
During the game, I press on F8,then I play the demo with the DD player,and then I press on 7, but it record that 1 second (2-3ko), where is the problem? 0o
i had the same problem before with Fraps 1.9D. version 1.9A works on my pc, which is not distributed now by the fraps site. i think it's stil on the net somewhere. google time.

my case is here(http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=17130&SearchTerms=2kb,fraps). btw i wrote there "1.9D works well for me." by mistake. 1.9A is right.

micronium
March 27, 2005, 7:20 am
quote:Originally posted by chakapoko makerquote:Originally posted by Felix
i had the same problem before with Fraps 1.9D. version 1.9A works on my pc, which is not distributed now by the fraps site. i think it's stil on the net somewhere. google time.

my case is here(http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=17130&SearchTerms=2kb,fraps). btw i wrote there "1.9D works well for me." by mistake. 1.9A is right.

Where can i get 1.9A? I only see '2.5.5' and '1.9D' on fraps website.

b00stA
March 27, 2005, 1:04 pm
[url="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fraps+1.9a+download&btnG=Google+Search"][IMAGE]
Click the sixth result.[/url]

Also, to compress the clips, use VirtualDub (freeware, look it up via Google) and the XviD or DivX codec. There have been plenty of posts here describing how to use VDUB.

Felix
March 31, 2005, 3:38 pm
Can't find the 1.9A version on the sixth link 8-/

b00stA
March 31, 2005, 8:44 pm
Narf.
http://les.snorky.free.fr/maprvs/prog/FRAPS19A.EXE
Is it really that hard to use google?

Felix
March 31, 2005, 8:51 pm
i searched for 2hours, i even asked to Dephille, and he didn't found ^^

EDIT: the video made, are 2ko 0o

b00stA
April 1, 2005, 6:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by FelixEDIT: the video made, are 2ko 0o
I remember that problem, but I'm not that sure about the problem.
Remember to do everything in the right order:
- Start Fraps / configure it
- Start Soldat
- Start PLAYING
- Now start recording
- STOP recording BEFORE you stop playing

If you still end up with 2kb files, try the other version of Fraps (1.9A <-> D).
In the end you can still use Taksi, a free alternative to Fraps which seems to work quite good for me.

Felix
April 1, 2005, 6:33 pm
ok, fraps work

i had taksi, but it's a such a bad quality :-/

Naobot
April 1, 2006, 11:01 pm
forget the ddp player. It never works for me, just use the normal soldat game to play your demos and then, while playing them, record it with fraps(what ever version works for you.i have an image tutorial i made in pain... and if someone could tell me how to get an image into the reply, i would greatly appreciate it... and it has some pretty cool tips too

lithium
April 2, 2006, 6:08 am
Naobot, for future reference...don't reply to threads that are a year old. I don't think felix even comes to the soldatforums anymore, I've only seen him on tnl.

Naobot
April 2, 2006, 3:44 pm
o.... sorry, i guess i didnt know that there was a 2nd page on this... lol!