( search forums )
The Forum Needs to Be Advertised More
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Vijchtidoodah
January 23, 2005, 7:38 am
I've been talking a lot about the forums in games and it seems that most players have absolutely no idea that it even exists. I didn't even know they were there until I accidentally clicked on the link while trying to download a patch.

I don't know about you guys, but I would like to see a more diverse crowd of people on these forums...perhaps the forum link should be bigger or placed somewhere else.

Chakra
January 23, 2005, 7:50 am
Dunno man...it is linked from the main website. And i've seen like 83 users on this forum at one time.

I looked up this forum just under 2 years ago to help with a bug I had ...checked the bugs forum, found some helpful threads, kept quite for 6 months.

Milkman Dan
January 23, 2005, 7:53 am
Dude do you really want a whole lot more people with like 3 posts to their name that come in and waste time with pointless crap

edit: hmm much like this post

m00`
January 23, 2005, 8:10 am
there is a lot of people that are registered to this forum, its just that most of them dont post, they mostly just read, how do you think people with like 2 posts reply to topics sometimes knowing who each person is..?

Unlucky 13
January 23, 2005, 8:38 am
Do you NEED to register to read? I don't see the point... because I don't think you need too.

Vijchtidoodah
January 23, 2005, 8:57 am
Nope, you only have to register when you want to write.

I couldn't care less if there were a dozen noobs that would come in and leave quickly as long as there is even one long-term poster there. It's just that the online forums that I have been to before, have membership (of peopl who actually post) in the hundreds. Here, I could probably count up to fourty. That isn't very many people when you think about it.

ThaD
January 23, 2005, 10:36 am
> I could probably count up to fourty

cmon it's over 100

many people like this forum because it's comparatively small and lameless

mar77a
January 23, 2005, 12:42 pm
Well, i first came to this forum 6 months before loking for a bug i had, and the forum seemed interesting, a place where i could share my ideas...and so i registered...

Deleted User
January 23, 2005, 6:00 pm
New users join the forum just about every hour. that's pretty advertised if you ask me.

However, I think that if you're going to make the forums more popular, Soldat would have to become more popular, and its not quite ready for that yet.

blackdevil0742
January 23, 2005, 6:55 pm
there are alot more ppl on the forum than 2-3 months ago. Now there are around 60 on the forum and then it was 12.

Vijchtidoodah
January 23, 2005, 8:47 pm
Alright, works for me. I was wrong.

Unlucky 13
January 24, 2005, 12:07 am
quote:Originally posted by ThaD> I could probably count up to fourty

cmon it's over 100

I had a topic here, where I calculated all the single-posters, I'll find it... OK I can't :/
There were alot.
And my bro, who was trying to join, couldn't get a username because of it :/

ThaD
January 24, 2005, 10:58 am
type "Soldat" in googles, Soldat Forums are at the first page, could you advertise it better?