( search forums )
Soldat Union Servers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra
January 23, 2005, 7:45 am

Remember the days when DNA hosted it's own little british server? man that place was packed. Could usually garantee a good game too, and it kept out most of the noobs.

I miss those days.

A little while ago, I tried a hopeful experiment. Get a series of passworded servers together, then organise a newsletter to send out a new password every two weeks.

Turned out pretty good! SUS forever! woop woop

Milkman Dan
January 23, 2005, 7:48 am
i didnt actually know about this but i'll sign up

Vijchtidoodah
January 23, 2005, 8:52 am
So...anybody who comes to the site and signs up gets a password?

What about the noobs on the forums who are also noobs (and possibly hackers) in the game?

Other than those little problems, I completely support this idea. Elitism at its best!

that fuking sniper
January 23, 2005, 9:42 am
Eh, Chakky, this *is* the bad crowd of Soldat. Hypocrites us all.

ThaD
January 23, 2005, 10:10 am
cool subscribed

Vijchtidoodah
January 23, 2005, 10:35 am
I don't see any SUS servers (and yes, I do have the 'no password' filter off).

mar77a
January 23, 2005, 12:38 pm
Emm, Why did you posted this stuff here? Wasnt it supposed to be secret?

ThaD
January 23, 2005, 2:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahI don't see any SUS servers (and yes, I do have the 'no password' filter off).

sort by name

Spectral
January 23, 2005, 4:51 pm
ya I thought this would be kept underground...

Pulp
January 23, 2005, 4:54 pm
Well, i think it's explained in the first post why we decided to start a topic in the 'general discussions' forum...

lieroguy
January 23, 2005, 6:10 pm
After playing in SUS for several weeks, I guess this is what they should do. Most of the SUS servers are empty. It's kinda sad. With a little admin work and a bit of other things to keep noobs off our trail, it shouldn't get much more noobish than it allready is. And hopefully the votekick works, so I'm assuming that most of the pros there will have the gall to kick the "Soldier" that might come in.

?
January 23, 2005, 7:35 pm
woot 240th person to sing up :O

Kazuki
January 23, 2005, 8:24 pm
The best filters to use if you want to join a quality server are:

Not Empty

(Game Type/All)

Dedicated

Sort by name and look in the exclamation mark section (top of the list). You should find !-SUS or something like that. Those are the SUS servers. :D

By the way, last I heard we were hoping to rid the servers of the 'bad crowd' by having frequent admin check-ups on the servers or something similar to prevent the servers from being overflowed with annoyingness.

Tha Doggfather
January 23, 2005, 9:23 pm
Me and some other people could monitor the server via the remote admin tool.

Spectral
January 24, 2005, 4:02 am
how many admins are out there for them?

Psyker
January 24, 2005, 4:19 am
flippin' sweet

Cookie.
January 24, 2005, 4:56 am
soldat.dnagames.net ,i believe it was, was the greatest server ever... period XD

Rambo_6
January 24, 2005, 5:00 am
And they were the first to host custom maps, too :D

I can't remember, but were any of mine hosted?

RH3Z
January 24, 2005, 6:06 am
quote:The point of SuS is for people to slowly tell others about the newsletter, and keep newbs completely in the dark. Please do not tell someone about SuS and its' site in public, as that would be devastating to the cause.

Look for the next newsletter in 2 weeks!

Enjoy!
-Brick

hmm....

Chakra
January 24, 2005, 6:30 am
Do people just not read my post before commenting ?

3rd_account
January 24, 2005, 12:44 pm
I play Soldat like mad, but I never see any SUS servers up. That's the reason I'm never there...

Pulp
January 24, 2005, 1:03 pm
The SUS-servers have the tag " !-SuS- " in the beginning of their name, 3rd account. Again, as said in the first post.

Sort your list in the lobby. And browse to the servernames starting with a " ! ". Don't think that ain't difficult at all...

Spectral
January 25, 2005, 2:16 am
Cookie is so right. dnagames server was always intense, and often full

Chakra
January 26, 2005, 10:15 pm
Ahhh... just had one of the greatest games of this year in the SUS p-L server. Custom maps galore. Got 2 peeps to join me in that empty server and within seconds it was full. Brilliant carnage with decent difficult players.

Tha Doggfather
January 26, 2005, 10:19 pm
Yeah it was great.

But I still want to play ctf_dust :>

FliesLikeABrick
January 27, 2005, 12:07 am
quote:Originally posted by RH3Zquote:The point of SuS is for people to slowly tell others about the newsletter, and keep newbs completely in the dark. Please do not tell someone about SuS and its' site in public, as that would be devastating to the cause.

Look for the next newsletter in 2 weeks!

Enjoy!
-Brick

hmm....

for those of us who dont know, which would be everyone except myself and Rh3z, this was a PM that i sent in reply to his query about SuS. This was before I was aware that Chakra decided to post publicly about it

Pulp
January 27, 2005, 7:08 pm

Today I changed my server to an infiltration server with custom maps. For more information, click this link : http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=20664

Green Barret
January 29, 2005, 6:35 am
This is bad for me... I'm not a noob(1.1.2 vet), but I live in Asia and all of the current SUS server are all Euro-American. I recently visited one but I had to exit quickly because i lagged so bad there.
This idea is awesome, but i hope there will be an Asian SUS server.

Chakra
January 29, 2005, 11:40 am
Funny you should mention that. I was just talking about that yesterday to someone. It'd be great to have some asian/australian dedicated password server.

MOFO NOFO
January 29, 2005, 11:44 am
YAY AUS SUS SERVS :), ittle beat those new tpg servs.. even though i get 0 ping in them (:O), its fulla noobs. Noobs.. they also ruined the new fasthost.com.au rambo (16 ping) ... :'(

Jap_man
January 29, 2005, 11:55 am
yea, an australian/east asian SUS server would be a great change.

peemonkey
January 29, 2005, 5:12 pm
i been on the list since first day, hell, i voted on the name :P but i've only seen about 4 sus' with people in them. and it was only fun onces... but i'll keep at it, because i think it could work...

ThaD
January 29, 2005, 6:21 pm
well i was playing at u13 and they wanted to kick me out coz i was using minigun, damn noobs

Spectral
January 29, 2005, 6:59 pm
ja there are noobs there

DeMonIc
January 29, 2005, 8:19 pm
SUS is supposed to be noob free.You have to make a difference between "sore losers", "noobs", and "whiners".

Chakra
January 29, 2005, 8:24 pm
Yeah, what kind of noobs are you on about?

I haven't seen any idiots asking how to team chat, or unable to skip fast across terrain there.
And as for insultive players...look around you man. They come here.
If you mean good players who lame it up a little with spawnkilling or minigunning or camping, thats part of the game really and thats everywhere. It sucks, but hey..

ThaD
January 30, 2005, 11:22 am
well a guy who's trying to kick me out because of minigun is a noob for me, but I agree we can call him lamer, sore loser, whiner or whatever you'd like to ;)

Aquarius
January 30, 2005, 12:10 pm
People who kick minigunners are [IMAGE]in' retarded morons.

DeMonIc
January 30, 2005, 12:46 pm
*mental images of idiots spraying blindly and calling it defense*

Yeah, you're right.Let them make hail ;\ The vote kick system is cheaply bypassable anyway.

Kazuki
January 30, 2005, 4:14 pm
There's a fine difference between Miniwalling + Minisurfing and using the Minigun to actually kill. Feh. Who wouldn't kick a minisurfer?

I enjoy the SUS servers, though. They're a change compared to your everyday public server.

Yukwunhang
January 30, 2005, 4:28 pm
It's good to have a page that include the stats(Online/offline, game mode, players, etc)of all SUS server, but not only U13.

Maluno
January 30, 2005, 8:41 pm
This needed to be done. The only server I ever see with any people on it is the U13 server. All the rest sit empty, slowly wasting away... hmm... I am suprised that the other servers have remained in the union for so long, considering the lack of use they are recieving.

I would like to suggest one thing, however, so to hopefully encourage use of non u13 servers (not that u13 is bad, far from it, but its always full, and there should be an alternative). If you are unable to join u13, join one of the other union servers, if there is anyone there. If one or two people join, then it fills up pretty quick, as I know from experience. Just wait around in one of the others for a while and someone will be bound to come. :D

just my thoughts

MOFO NOFO
January 30, 2005, 9:06 pm
umm, the infiltration serv isnt ALWAYS empty..

Icarius
February 2, 2005, 2:02 am
quote:n00bface's llama's inf was in on the action, but he's got a stick so far up his ass right now that theres acorns growing out his nipples.

Does he even do his server anymore, because I can see about having a word with him and everything, nOOb would do anything for Iccy :P

DeMonIc
February 2, 2005, 3:24 pm
IF we wish to make SuS more popular, similiar to DNA..shouldn't this be a sticky?So Chakra doesn't have to edit his first post for bumps ;D