( search forums )
Why do you hate spongebob..
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
MOFO NOFO
January 23, 2005, 10:28 pm
I was reading through 'best movie of 2004' and i came by some... sponge bob haters... now,,, WHY DO YOU HATE SPONGE BOB OMFG HE IS FUNNY HE IS LEET HE ROX ..../me explodes..

m00`
January 23, 2005, 10:48 pm
Yeh spongebob is sooo coool you must be crazy to hate sponge bob!

Maxx
January 23, 2005, 10:54 pm
Spomgebob is the coolest yellow square/rectangle ever.

Only fans so far, lol.

Vijchtidoodah
January 23, 2005, 11:22 pm
It's a boring, featurless account of how children with ADD can't watch anything other than an uninformative program about a sponge. Not only that, but his voice is annoying, he makes terrible puns, and the writing seems as though it was completely left out of the editing phase. The writers try to make up for their lack of skill by poking fun at pop culture and cliche topics.

But most of all, and like most other cartoons, this one is devoid of any purpose, social commentary, or meaningful lessons.

BManx2000
January 23, 2005, 11:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahBut most of all, and like most other cartoons, this one is devoid of any purpose, social commentary, or meaningful lessons.

It's just supposed to be funny. If you don't like that, best not be watching the type of channel.
Spongebob is comic gold, BTW.

Vangelis
January 24, 2005, 12:02 am
JESUS CHRIST Vijchtidoodah, has the child inside of you died or gone on vacation or something? Ive watched the show once or twice, but it annoys
me to no end when my little brother immatates his voice. Cute show really. Where I live,the chicks dig spongebob,so I dun care =D

Deleted User
January 24, 2005, 12:12 am
i think spongebob is pretty funny, whenever my brother is watching it i start watching along and i find it pretty humorous :o

m00`
January 24, 2005, 12:23 am
Vijchtidoodah the point of Spongebob, is its supposed to be plain stupid and funny, and it IS funny :p

Vijchtidoodah
January 24, 2005, 12:32 am
I know that the point of spongebob is just supposed to be funny, which is exactly why I don't like it. Especially because I don't think that it is very funny at all.

Aegis
January 24, 2005, 12:38 am
I don't understand people who label Spongbob a childrens show. Theres a lot of adult humour in it, and personally I loved Spongbob when they actually made tv episodes. One of the few good cartoons to come out of Nick that they didn't get rid of for some idiot reason or another. Invader Zim, anyone know that show? That was hillarious but Nickelodeon stopped production because THE SHAPES OF THE CHARACTERS WERENT ROUND ENOUGH. Honestly, thats one lame excuse to cancel a good show.

m00`
January 24, 2005, 12:47 am
eh I hate nickelodean its the worst channel on tv ever, the only good thing on it is Spongebob!

_Mancer_
January 24, 2005, 12:57 am
Barnicals!

Vijchtidoodah
January 24, 2005, 12:59 am
I'm going to have to agree with Aegis on this one...Spongebob sucks ass, but Invader Zim was awesome.

Now I'm ready for you all to tell me how I'm wrong and a hypocrite, but I don't really want to explain myself.

m00`
January 24, 2005, 1:01 am
You are a hypocrite and you are wrong

LazehBoi
January 24, 2005, 1:16 am
I like Invader Zim more because I haven't seen it as much as Spongebob, SBSP just gets rather boring after you've seen every episode 3 times.

Vangelis
January 24, 2005, 1:37 am
If you guys like invader zim,go download winamp. Two of the the free media streams show only invader zim episodes.I believe it is salt water monkey or something. Oh and you have to have atleast 400kbps internet speed,that is how fast the stream is.goto www.saltwaterchimp.com And yeah invader zim was a good show.

Vijchtidoodah
January 24, 2005, 1:55 am
Lol moo'

Have you guys ever read JTHM? That's where I first found out about the guy who made Invader Zim, the cartoon was just a bonus.

Deleted User
January 24, 2005, 2:46 am
I like Patrick better XP

m00`
January 24, 2005, 2:58 am
yah Patrick is funny :p

Spectral
January 24, 2005, 4:12 am
you know that Spongebob promotes homosexuality...

Cookie.
January 24, 2005, 4:58 am
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea! Sponge bOB SQUARE PANTS!

Vijchtidoodah
January 24, 2005, 5:51 am
Yeah spectral, and have you seen how many christian groups want the show banned now?

m00`
January 24, 2005, 5:54 am
God its just a cartoon who cares, if you dont like it dont watch it :p

Chakra
January 24, 2005, 5:57 am
It's sheer stupidity makes it hilarious. Though for some, so much stupidity can only be painful to watch.

I'll never forget that episode where they discovered how to swear... "hey squidward! how the **** are you?"

Or when the pirate introduced a time travel show as a caveman, and got attacked by his parrot's laser shooting robot.

Vangelis
January 24, 2005, 6:57 am
I havent seen this music video,where can I download it?

Vijchtidoodah
January 24, 2005, 7:05 am
January 20, 2005
Conservatives Pick Soft Target: A Cartoon Sponge
By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK

WASHINGTON, Jan. 19 - On the heels of electoral victories barring same-sex marriage, some influential conservative Christian groups are turning their attention to a new target: the cartoon character SpongeBob SquarePants.

"Does anybody here know SpongeBob?" Dr. James C. Dobson, the founder of Focus on the Family, asked the guests Tuesday night at a black-tie dinner for members of Congress and political allies to celebrate the election results.

SpongeBob needed no introduction. In addition to his popularity among children, who watch his cartoon show, he has become a well-known camp figure among adult gay men, perhaps because he holds hands with his animated sidekick Patrick and likes to watch the imaginary television show "The Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy."

Now, Dr. Dobson said, SpongeBob's creators had enlisted him in a "pro-homosexual video," in which he appeared alongside children's television colleagues like Barney and Jimmy Neutron, among many others. The makers of the video, he said, planned to mail it to thousands of elementary schools to promote a "tolerance pledge" that includes tolerance for differences of "sexual identity."

The video's creator, Nile Rodgers, who wrote the disco hit "We Are Family," said Mr. Dobson's objection stemmed from a misunderstanding. Mr. Rodgers said he founded the We Are Family Foundation after the Sept. 11 attacks to create a music video to teach children about multiculturalism. The video has appeared on television networks, and nothing in it or its accompanying materials refers to sexual identity. The pledge, borrowed from the Southern Poverty Law Center, is not mentioned on the video and is available only on the group's Web site.

Mr. Rodgers suggested that Dr. Dobson and the American Family Association, the conservative Christian group that first sounded the alarm, might have been confused because of an unrelated Web site belonging to another group called "We Are Family," which supports gay youth.

"The fact that some people may be upset with each other peoples' lifestyles, that is O.K.," Mr. Rodgers said. "We are just talking about respect."

Mark Barondess, the foundation's lawyer, said the critics "need medication."

On Wednesday however, Paul Batura, assistant to Mr. Dobson at Focus on the Family, said the group stood by its accusation.

"We see the video as an insidious means by which the organization is manipulating and potentially brainwashing kids," he said. "It is a classic bait and switch."

Or you could read the shorter CNN version

Vangelis
January 24, 2005, 7:13 am
Yeah.....wierd.... I wanna see that video... Dam conservative-hating *censored*.

The Geologist
January 24, 2005, 7:18 am
It's amazing how people like Dr. James C. Dobson and many others can will themselves into believing trash and utterly ridiculous claims such as this. People like these are the ones that need the meds.

Vangelis
January 24, 2005, 7:34 am
BAKA! Its not the video they are b**hing about. Along with the dvd is included a booklet embracing the homosexual lifestyle. Ofcourse none of you would know that, if all you do is believe the democratic spin-machine.The creators also embrace the homosexual life style. Quote from the forcus on the family website.

"The video in question is slated to be distributed to 61,000 public and private elementary schools throughout the United States. Where it is shown, schoolchildren will be left with the impression that their teachers are offering their endorsement of the values and agenda associated with the video's sponsor. While some of the goals associated with this organization are noble in nature, their inclusion of the reference to "sexual identity" within their "tolerance pledge" is not only unnecessary, but it crosses a moral line."

MOFO NOFO
January 24, 2005, 7:45 am
i like how squidworth keeps getting stuffed up lol.. and i like patricks slowness XD

FoZ
January 24, 2005, 8:11 am
I believe this whole video issue is the classic "things arent the way I like them, so I will make everyone else fix it".
if these Christian groups can speak out and launch campagins or whatever aginst this video and the TV show alltogether just because its there, they should keep their own children from watching this video and even the show if they believe it has any homosexuality or whatever else in it.
I am strongly aginst homosexuality but its up to the homosexuals to choose who they want to be with at the end of the day and whatnot, and its not worth trying to keep homosexually based programs off the air, notice there is already one: "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", and probably more.

and back to the main topic:
SphoneBob is an okay show, but i hardly ever watch it or any TV anymore :p

The Geologist
January 24, 2005, 8:22 am
quote:Originally posted by VangelisBAKA! Its not the video they are b**hing about. Along with the dvd is included a booklet embracing the homosexual lifestyle. Ofcourse none of you would know that, if all you do is believe the democratic spin-machine.The creators also embrace the homosexual life style. Quote from the forcus on the family website.

"The video in question is slated to be distributed to 61,000 public and private elementary schools throughout the United States. Where it is shown, schoolchildren will be left with the impression that their teachers are offering their endorsement of the values and agenda associated with the video's sponsor. While some of the goals associated with this organization are noble in nature, their inclusion of the reference to "sexual identity" within their "tolerance pledge" is not only unnecessary, but it crosses a moral line."

Who exactly are you talking to? Before you start calling myself (or others) idiots, I'd advise you to know what you're talking about. The video isn't the question, and I for one didn't mention it...thanks for stating the obvious. I'd like to ask you: What's wrong with a "tolerance pledge" that includes tolerance for differences of "sexual identity"? (Taken from Vijchtidoodah's article). It's no different from the anti-drug campaigns that had kids signing/pleding not to do drugs. In the end, it's your choice what you do, and they're obviously trying to get rid of some of the groundless beliefs/prejudices against the "homosexual lifestyle". What's wrong with embracing the homosexual lifestyle? Since you're such a fan of not buying into any spin machines, don't feed me any lines about how gays ruin the family image or somehow can't raise children as well as a man and a woman. While you're busy, maybe you can explain the last part of your quote and give me some reasons why tolerance for someone, whether they're homosexual or not, is somehow immoral.

"The video's creator, Nile Rodgers, who wrote the disco hit "We Are Family," said Mr. Dobson's objection stemmed from a misunderstanding. Mr. Rodgers said he founded the We Are Family Foundation after the Sept. 11 attacks to create a music video to teach children about multiculturalism. The video has appeared on television networks, and nothing in it or its accompanying materials refers to sexual identity. The pledge, borrowed from the Southern Poverty Law Center, is not mentioned on the video and is available only on the group's Web site." - Also taken from the article Vijchtidoodah posted

Did you forget to read this part, or was it simply made up?

MOFO NOFO
January 24, 2005, 9:06 am
wtf, i thought i made this topic for "WHY DO YOU HATE SPONGEBOB" or if u also like him.. not some poitical $#!7

m00`
January 24, 2005, 9:12 am
er well my mum likes watching spongebob too, and she lets me watch it, there is nothing wrong with the dam show, its awsome!

STEELIX
January 24, 2005, 3:19 pm
I don't like it, thus I don't watch it... If other people do like it, so be it, even though I find it very annoying when they start the spongebob laugh in my ear...

SuperKill
January 24, 2005, 3:31 pm
[IMAGE]ing hell, its an OK show.. nothing more.
its not bad, i think vitch should lighten up some.
what i dont get is how can people become addicted to it, after all its not THAT funny.

Vangelis
January 24, 2005, 7:56 pm
I am simply defending Dobson. You didnt get the whole story. If we embrace homosexuality,it demeans our values and other contries will think less of us. Why do you think the majority of ppl are against homosexuality?

BManx2000
January 24, 2005, 9:39 pm
And this arguement belongs in a spongebob thread because...?

Vangelis
January 24, 2005, 10:21 pm
Because dummy Vijchtidoodah brought it up XD

Deleted User
January 24, 2005, 11:43 pm
The old shows were great, the newer ones that are coming out now have no flavor to them. Therefore they suck. The best episode by far is the one where squidward forms a marching band. "The owner of the white sedan...you left your lights on ...*whawp*...*whowp*....*whawp*....*whowp*...*wwwaaaahwaaaaaaaoo*
"

?
January 24, 2005, 11:57 pm
CHristians groups want him banned!?!?!? :O I love el bob espongia!

Vijchtidoodah
January 25, 2005, 1:24 am
Thanks Vangelis, for that pointing finger in my face. Yet again, you are completely wrong.

Michal
January 25, 2005, 1:44 am
Sorry, but I just think spongebob sucks.
I watched like 3 episodes back when I had cable. I found it unfunny and damn boring. And that god damn squirrel just annoyed the crap out of me.
I have yet to see Nickelodeon make something that's not a piece of [IMAGE].

The Geologist
January 25, 2005, 1:45 am
quote:Originally posted by VangelisI am simply defending Dobson. You didnt get the whole story. If we embrace homosexuality,it demeans our values and other contries will think less of us. Why do you think the majority of ppl are against homosexuality?

You didn't answer any of my questions. Congrats on dodging them. Do you have a reason to post here aside from blowing smoke out your ass?

Edit: In case you didn't catch that, I'd like to know why tolerance for homosexuals would demean "our values". And when you say "our values", maybe you should make it clear you're talking about "your" values. And keep in mind, a quote from the creator of the video...

"The video's creator, Nile Rodgers, who wrote the disco hit "We Are Family," said Mr. Dobson's objection stemmed from a misunderstanding. Mr. Rodgers said he founded the We Are Family Foundation after the Sept. 11 attacks to create a music video to teach children about multiculturalism. The video has appeared on television networks, and nothing in it or its accompanying materials refers to sexual identity. The pledge, borrowed from the Southern Poverty Law Center, is not mentioned on the video and is available only on the group's Web site."

Do you usually defend people who aren't correct? The only reason not to like this show would be its childish, random nature. But, shockingly enough, it's childrens show! Who woulda thunk it. If you have a thing against homosexuals save it for another topic.

BManx2000
January 25, 2005, 2:26 am
I've discovered why Vijchtidoodah hates spongebob!

User Name: Vijchtidoodah
Total Posts: 655

Deleted User
January 25, 2005, 2:40 am
*GASP!*

Vangelis
January 25, 2005, 3:02 am
Heh. David Kirkpatrick of the NY Times, a heavily liberal paper and a finger pupet of the left. Ofcourse he would take any chance he could get to slam conservatives. I,myself, have watched the video,and found NOTHING in the video that would piss off Dobson.I am not at all against the video. The included booklet does indeed have some refrence to homosexuality. Dobson went on FNC explaining why he disliked the video/booklet/whatever. I am currently looking for a transcript of the interview. Gays usually have more then 3 partners at one time,and on average, have shorter life spans then "straight" men. And the fact that it is sexualy perverse,and does NOTHING for bettering the human race. Some of the many reasons I do not support homosexuality. As for banning Spongebob Squarepants,what the hell are these people thinking. Dobson is right,but these others have gone too far.

The Geologist
January 25, 2005, 3:51 am
So the quote from the creator of the video is wrong, then? Interesting.

I have yet to hear why a pledge of tolerance of homosexuals is wrong. The video or packet within aren't asking/telling for anyone to become gay.

tol·er·ance
n.

1. The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.
1. Leeway for variation from a standard.

It means you don't necessarily have to like or support something but you put up with it anyway, because it's not your choice and it's not your business (not speaking directly to you, just people in general). I agree with you in respects that banning Spongebob is pretty crazy. And I realize there are a lot of numbers out there abot the gay lifestyle, not all of them good by any means. My whole problem arises from people (those being Christians compounds it a bit) trying to get rid of a pledge for, of all things, tolerance of their fellow man.

Vangelis
January 25, 2005, 6:35 am
They have made the decision to be homosexual,and I respect that. However,I do not beleive that they should enjoy the same benefits that straight married couples enjoy. Issue them a friggin marrige license,just dont give them the benefits! They should not be able to rewrite 5000 years of history just for their sexually perverse way of life.

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 6:44 am
lol stop fighting over sponge bob, we know you all love him :P