( search forums )
A simple, but effective barret technique
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Rambo_6
January 24, 2005, 4:59 am
Whenever i play on large maps like ctf_Run or Ctf_Crashed, i usually pick the sniper, since it is most effective.

If you want to cover ground while keeping a lookout, crouchwalking with it zoomed ahead can be very effective, but keep in mind that you're moving as well so you have to time it better.

Although it may have been used long before this, i beleive it can be refined into a fine art, like camping or minigun surfing. I use it a lot... :D

Liber_Lupus
January 24, 2005, 5:10 pm
Did that along time ago when i used barret.

Camping_Carl2
January 24, 2005, 6:34 pm
its commen sense...
its like your high or something rambo..

Marbire
January 24, 2005, 7:05 pm
This is what I did 2 years ago.

TFS called me a crouch pussy or something to that extent.

NightCabbage
January 24, 2005, 11:36 pm
LMFAO CC!11

But yes, IMO (and remember its an opinion) the only decent way to use a barret is assault. On the move. Sure, crouch every now and then maybe to snipe someone, but don't just sit there. Otherwise it's just so lame, no skill involved really. Camping is teh crapz0r.

5 seconds in the same spot is almost too much.

kkazican
January 25, 2005, 2:46 am
Wow that is way more complex than my technique. That is to shoot, run away, repeat. Oh and also not to get shot.

Marine
January 25, 2005, 5:16 am
Well, just looking at the title I immediately thought this:

1. Aim. (Preferably at enemy soldier)
2. Shoot.
3. Repeat, after ass blistering long reload time.

Lemyk
January 29, 2005, 3:12 am
I agree with NC there, like mix it up a bit yeah?
i maybe kill a couple people in one position, otherwise im out prancing around with the faeries...
and...shooting the faeries.

StormCrow
January 29, 2005, 3:20 am
The only problem i see with this is what if someone comes up behind you, in Crashed and Run theres a chance it could happen, because when you're scoped you cant see behind you at all, i know thats the way i've killed barret users, make sure they dont see you an come up behind them, normally by the time they realise theyare getting shot they are almost dead

Marine
January 29, 2005, 5:39 am
Another thing, personally I don't see anything wrong with sitting on one place, in prone, with a Barrett. If some silly boob comes along, walking standing up in his full height, not taking any precuationary evasive manuevers, he deserves to be sniped. It takes skill to snipe someone (even if you're still) whos moving quickly while firing at you.

Rambo_6
January 29, 2005, 5:58 am
I only like camping when i play ctf_Dropdown, or have large bot matches.

But, I see nothing wrong with camping if you pick different spots every once in a while. I hate people who stay in one place the whole match.

StormCrow
January 29, 2005, 7:41 am
Snipers in the same place are annoying, the most annoying map is Kampf with snipers, expecially in blue base, they can line up on the ledges (4 of them) an be an extreme defence wall, that is really annoying.

peemonkey
January 29, 2005, 5:08 pm
rambo, did you give your account to a newbie? youve been talkin like you're experiencing soldat for the first time...

papasurf31
January 30, 2005, 1:56 am
Barret is really hard to use as assault because of Bink, especially against autos. Personally, I think that hiding behind a polygon works best. kill the enemy, run out and grab their primaary weapon in exchange for your secondary, and go on rampage, only pulling out your other primary when you encounter enemies, allowing for your barret to reload while you scout around. Once your barret reloads, go find another nice hiding place and wait for a free kill.

Zero Wiggles Murasame
January 31, 2005, 9:21 am
I don't use the barret too much.But it's a good tactic. Whenever someone tries to shoot me with it, I go airborne and throw all my nades and exhaust all my ammo in an attempt to kill that person. (METEOR) and it usually works.