( search forums )
Chakra vs Poppy
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
IDF-RIPsta
January 24, 2005, 7:52 am
I would like to provide my insight to the recent match up between the above mentioned.

First off, here are the demos of the match up:
http://enn0l.3dv.co.il/demo15.sdm
http://enn0l.3dv.co.il/demo19.sdm

If you've already seen them, then you will notice the very stale and defensive game play Poppy chose. There are different players with different styles of play. Would you consider this a good game? Would you consider this a good style?

Instead of randomly responding to these questions, and many more, I think we should look at the basic definition of a "Game".

Game:
An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime: party games; word games.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Game

This does make our job much easier. Do you think Chakra enjoyed this game? If you've seen the demos, you can clearly say 'no'. Did Poppy enjoy the game? No, he said so himself. I believe he forgot the definition of games and played it only to win.
To be honest, it reminds me of the Quake3 finals in 2003. The end score was 3-1 frags, quite disgraceful.

Both players did not enjoy the game. In that case, one of them made sure that the game was not enjoyable to the other. With some logic and moderate jump to conclusions, you could say that the game was equivalent to cheating.

The conclusion is radical, but Poppy can be considered, by newly set standards, a "disruptive player". The difference between him and a cheater is still quite profound, but nevertheless, he made sure to deprive others of their enjoyment.
(What is a disruptive player? http://www.mpogd.com/editorials/?ID=31)

There are people that do not know how to lose well, but there are also those who do not know how to win well.

There is one conclusion we can make, Poppy is surely not the best player, but he is the ugliest. I'm sorry to share the same clan-tag with such a person, I am also sorry for recruiting him in the first place. His style of play was similar in the beginning, and to some extent, I encouraged it.

I apologize on his behalf.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Chakra's tag "Property of Pop" should be removed when taking into consideration the circumstances under which he was given it.

The Geologist
January 24, 2005, 8:04 am
Glad to see you don't hold a grudge.

Deleted User
January 24, 2005, 8:14 am
Personally, I think its an issue those two should handle themselves. Neither you, nor me, or anyone can change that fact.

IDF-RIPsta
January 24, 2005, 8:21 am
I was commenting on the game I've seen. The issues between them are irrelevant.

The Geologist
January 24, 2005, 8:35 am
You want a longer responce from me Ripsta? How's this for ya.

I think anyone who watched the demos and read the topics leading up to this confrontation would have seen enough of a conflict brewing between the two, not to mention the lack of enjoyment of the duel itself obviously seen in those demos, that they wouldn't feel the need to create a topic to continue dragging out an already dead horse. While I don't think that Pop may have played fairly (he was constantly running away with brief periods of offense), myself and no one before you felt the need to create a topic to [IMAGE] at him about it and single him out as "disruptive". I think this topic is utterly pathetic, and I'm left wondering why you even started it aside from wanting to stir things up in your own way. Sounds like you're being more disruptive than pop in that respect.

So please, next time keep your condescending PM's to yourself. If I feel like making my thoughts short and sweet in making a comment about the obvious grudge you have against pop, you should take it as it comes and refrain from asking for more.

IDF-RIPsta
January 24, 2005, 8:47 am
Finally a response worth noting.
I'll take that into consideration next time.

There is no grudge you speak of, I felt an obligation to comment on the events seeing that we are both in the same clan. Just as 2wai members felt they had to comment when I called them illiterate British (of course, not justified). I am one of the founders of MD, it is natural that I feel responsible for the behavior of its members.

I point out a phenomenon that I do not like. I also play differently and keep in mind that others try to enjoy the game as well. Am I disruptive on forums? If you write a 3 page article with your theory in this matter, and publish it in an online site, then maybe I will feel that your opinion is justified.

Am I looking to stir things up? No, I'm looking for a consensus that will shun such behavior. Do you wish to reconsider your response? If not, I at least hope you understand why I chose to open this topic.

The Geologist
January 24, 2005, 8:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliPersonally, I think its an issue those two should handle themselves. Neither you, nor me, or anyone can change that fact.

I like that.

frogboy
January 24, 2005, 9:00 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliPersonally, I think its an issue those two should handle themselves. Neither you, nor me, or anyone can change that fact.

I like that.

Me too.

m00`
January 24, 2005, 9:09 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliPersonally, I think its an issue those two should handle themselves. Neither you, nor me, or anyone can change that fact.

I like that.

Me too.

me three

SuperKill
January 24, 2005, 9:32 am
anyway who won ?

IDF-RIPsta
January 24, 2005, 9:35 am
I see that some of you find it difficult to ignore the people involved and look at the issue at hand.

Very well. So far m00 and Frogboy responded. Once again I apologize, because I don't care what they think in this matter.

I have yet to decide if I wish to influence MD's clan roster.

m00`
January 24, 2005, 9:52 am
continue the dam quote train! >:(

popseed
January 24, 2005, 10:13 am
boy, you leave some guy's clan and he becomes obsessed for over a year, how sad :)

anyway, this reply isnt ment at ripsta, since he is a moron but at people who for some reason consider this duel an interest: i personally havent dueled anyone in over 3 months, and before that for 5 months. i dont do it because i dont enjoy it. people manage to whine about everything that is done to them, unless they are people who play to enjoy. ive dueled many people in competetive 1vs1's in esl a while ago (vs outcast and hektik sniper about a year ago). it was enjoyable, the games was close and there was no whine/ so what happened this duel? i simpyl didnt want to play, i was forced to play, and my perfered game style is ctf. those who play gathers or clanwars with me can call my game style nothing but aggresive, which i also find enjoyable. as for the duel itself, first round i was defensive, because in an m79 match vs automatic or semi automatic weapon if you dont play defensive you lose 30-0. in the m79 duel i have nothing to say, those are only fun against people who use it skillfully (examples of urhos and outcast). people who know me know my game style know that the duel doesnt show it, ripsta must also know it given the countless times i beat him, but he is just a tard who spends his life stalking me on the forums and irc :)

popseed
January 24, 2005, 10:22 am
also, if anyone wants some c'n's times ctf demos i have about 1 gig of them which il be happy to dcc to anyone who wants. also, grow up ripsta, being obsessed with a 16 year old when you're busy selling peanuts at the army :\

m00`
January 24, 2005, 11:34 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultquote:Originally posted by m00`quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliPersonally, I think its an issue those two should handle themselves. Neither you, nor me, or anyone can change that fact.

I like that.

Me too.

me three
QUOTE TRAIN!

me 4

IDF-RIPsta
January 24, 2005, 11:46 am
There you go trying to turn this into a personal debate, lil' Poppy.

When your actions reflect badly on other members of your team then it is my concern. I don't care two drops in a bucket about you or your personal vendettas.

Two more years till your military service, kid. Let's hope you make it and won't take a gun to your head because Mama forgot to pack your PJs.

You claim to play differently? By all means, post a demo of a duel where you do play in a fashion that is not attributed to "disruptive players".

popseed
January 24, 2005, 12:24 pm
ripsta: THERAPY, SOON.

Camping_Carl2
January 24, 2005, 2:30 pm
thats gay pop seed is gay.. he copyed off popp anyways the fag i want to cut his throat ;D and his moms after letting bubba joe rape her ^_^

IDF-RIPsta
January 24, 2005, 9:24 pm
Guess no real conversation will come out of this...

Oh well, I don't care that much.

_Mancer_
January 24, 2005, 9:32 pm
Anyone wanna duel me? :D

Unlucky 13
January 24, 2005, 11:32 pm
Qoute train is stuffed :/

Cookie.
January 25, 2005, 1:03 am
Sick freaks,,, who won XD?

The Geologist
January 25, 2005, 1:57 am
Did you even bother reading the topic, or do you just post?

Deleted User
January 25, 2005, 2:08 am
DEATH TO THE SCROLL BAR!@! BWHAHAHAHA!

IDF-RIPsta
January 25, 2005, 10:40 am
Hard to ignore those quotes...
Maybe an Admin will remove this rather childish display of ignorance...

Poppy won both matches.
The M79 matchup was close 19-19 and Poppy took the last frag when he killed Chakra while he was typing.

SuperKill
January 25, 2005, 11:43 am
hai guyss what izz upp m8s

SuperKill
January 25, 2005, 12:40 pm
so howzz it goin m8ey

DeMonIc
January 25, 2005, 2:47 pm
Way too much free time for you guys.

SuperKill
January 25, 2005, 6:05 pm
idiots

DNA.styx
January 25, 2005, 9:48 pm
Maybe an Admin will remove this rather childish display of ignorance...

All gone.
Next person to start an unwanted quote train will get themselves a 100 post fine to make up for the last 10 minutes I spent cleaning this thread.
Have a nice day.

m00`
January 25, 2005, 10:12 pm
aw come on its the bash pit :((((

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 10:16 pm
aww that took awhile to build up :(

DNA.styx
January 25, 2005, 11:02 pm
"(almost) unmoderated"

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 11:24 pm