( search forums )
Got sarcasm?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
that fuking sniper
January 24, 2005, 9:06 am
I'm encouraged and inspired to write this little piece of possibly-interpreted rant by this last week's playing of Soldat, particularly in the U13 server. During the past week I've played under innumerable false aliases for reasons I cannot begin to make sense of. It appears that these false aliases gave me quite a confidence in poking some sarcasm at other players, in an originally joyful mood. At one time, I was camping around with the barret, and, noticing that after a torrent of "f*cking camper"'s appeared in the chat box, 2-3 other players also picked up a barret and began camping. I called one a camper in an obviously ironic lash for redicule. The result: yet another torrent of flames, this time cosisting of "omg what a loser" and "stfu, noob".

In another time, also under a false alias, I picked up an AUG and started playing in a rather generic style, when, out of sheer boredom, I'd weager, I retorted "f*cking autotard" after getting killed by an AK user. The same scenario occured, only this time the player that killed me took it personally, as it seemed, and tried to sound clever using some comeback which I cannot recall.

Has everyone lost their sense of irony? Can't a person bump a joke from time to time?

It seems that U13 is full of hypocrites, calling themselves the "elite" because of the ability to access a passworded server which other hypocrites frequent. I think that the more "elite" a person thinks he/she is, the more of a hypocrite they become. There is certainly an "elitist crust" of a sort here in Soldat, with familiar and rather popular people occupying it, and most of them became true assholes when they became aware of their membership of it. My version of a true elite would be a respectable person who abuses not his/her highly acclaimed popular position to insult and mock others. Really, I've had more peaceful games in the chaotic public servers, to their many kinds and forms. The crowd of the passworded servers, and aparently the forums as well seems to be way too toxic and volatile. I think we all need a shot or two of a good animal tranquilizer.

Chakra
January 24, 2005, 9:11 am
Unfortunately, i've yet to discover a working theory of syphoning the socially durable from the decent players with a stick up their ass.

The Geologist
January 24, 2005, 9:25 am
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper I think we all need a shot or two of a good animal tranquilizer.

Your ideas appeal to me, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

frogboy
January 24, 2005, 9:31 am
I'll have to try that sometime...

Camping_Carl2
January 24, 2005, 2:31 pm
i think everytime they say camper there talking to me..........

but its surprising to learn there not ;o

January 24, 2005, 2:51 pm
You could always play with your eyes closed. That way, you can't see the hypocracy.

STEELIX
January 24, 2005, 3:07 pm
I find it really hard to recognise sarcasm without seeing one's facial expressions...

MOFO NOFO
January 24, 2005, 3:19 pm
how about a new soldat anim, /sarcasm o.O

MOFO NOFO
January 24, 2005, 3:23 pm
how about a new soldat anim, /sarcasm o.O

Judge_Man
January 24, 2005, 5:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperIt seems that U13 is full of hypocrites, calling themselves the "elite" because of the ability to access a passworded server which other hypocrites frequent.

hmmmm... No?

Seriously, when i began to paly in u13, i was whining a lot, A LOT because of all the stats thing...
Two weeks ago, i decided to have fun, to stop whining. Guess what? I play better since then but that's not te point.

There is a lot of Fun people on U13. Maybe you just played with some tards or they were not in a good mood...but don't call everyone Hypocrite.
Everyone whine once in a while, i still do, mostly about lag bugs or nades. But one can't always be super nice,always happy.

BTW, I love sarcasm, i think it's the greatest way to tell things. It's SO damn funny.

LazehBoi
January 24, 2005, 5:24 pm
Stats make people act like retards.

Judge_Man
January 24, 2005, 5:31 pm
Not everyone.

Try to force yourself NOT to whine and you'll see that the result are so great: REALLY more fun + playing better.

Liber_Lupus
January 24, 2005, 5:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Judge_ManNot everyone.

Try to force yourself NOT to whine and you'll see that the result are so great: REALLY more fun + playing better.

You are right. When I stopped whining few months back I had a lot more fun and felt better than the other crap and played alot better. But when I lost my arrogant attidude I went slightly worse. I wasn't so confident. At least I have my fun.

Judge_Man
January 24, 2005, 5:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Liber_LupusYou are right.

I know im right, I'm Judge_Man!!!
Hahaha kidding

LazehBoi
January 24, 2005, 6:48 pm
Meh, I meant it makes some act like retards; taking it too seriously, stat whoring... crap like that.

BManx2000
January 24, 2005, 9:35 pm
Sarcasm is generally a bad idea over the internet since tone of voice is not conveyed through a chat box. Some of the flames were probably due to misunderstanding.

_Mancer_
January 24, 2005, 9:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Judge_Manquote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperIt seems that U13 is full of hypocrites, calling themselves the "elite" because of the ability to access a passworded server which other hypocrites frequent.

hmmmm... No?

Seriously, when i began to paly in u13, i was whining a lot, A LOT because of all the stats thing...
Two weeks ago, i decided to have fun, to stop whining. Guess what? I play better since then but that's not te point.

There is a lot of Fun people on U13. Maybe you just played with some tards or they were not in a good mood...but don't call everyone Hypocrite.
Everyone whine once in a while, i still do, mostly about lag bugs or nades. But one can't always be super nice,always happy.

BTW, I love sarcasm, i think it's the greatest way to tell things. It's SO damn funny.

"@!*(#&@#&*ujweqqqq" - Judge-Man

";KAWjdfpwjepgfoqjopwergjoqp" - Judge-Man

"osefhoqwejhrogihwergwhoerog" - Judge-Man

"osehoiq34jhOQWEIRJ!!" - Judge-Man

"ro;gjkwope5j" - Judge-Man

"oiwtjqij3t5iowq345iotqw3" - Judge-Man

:DDDDD

Outcast
January 24, 2005, 11:16 pm
They should all kiss my ring :o

Judge_Man
January 25, 2005, 12:11 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_quote:Originally posted by Judge_Manquote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperIt seems that U13 is full of hypocrites, calling themselves the "elite" because of the ability to access a passworded server which other hypocrites frequent.

hmmmm... No?

"@!*(#&@#&*ujweqqqq" - Judge-Man

";KAWjdfpwjepgfoqjopwergjoqp" - Judge-Man

"osefhoqwejhrogihwergwhoerog" - Judge-Man

"osehoiq34jhOQWEIRJ!!" - Judge-Man

"ro;gjkwope5j" - Judge-Man

"oiwtjqij3t5iowq345iotqw3" - Judge-Man

:DDDDD

ROFL!!! you have no proof I exactly said that!! HAHAHA that made me really laugh. lol

But yeah, i said something like that, due to lag-that-cause-my-m79-direct-hit-to-do-nothing. Or when im just tired
But still, im not really insulting anyone saying letters and numbers so it's not that bad.

I'll never say things like: "OMFG You Damn lame B!tch God dammit go to hell [IMAGE]er OMGFGOFMOF" *vote kick the guy*

Deleted User
January 25, 2005, 2:15 am
That's cuz you're too busy smashing your keyboard to make a sentence JudMan XD

n00bface
January 25, 2005, 2:39 am
Well, I had a [IMAGE]es. Before viewing these notes, I'd like to point out a few facts.

1) I wasn't acting arrogant or anything..I hardly talked throughout the whole time I was there.
2) I wasn't minigun surfing or using it 'n00bishly'. I was playing it a lot like a spas, where I would go up close to them and pelt them with bullets.
3) All of these people are incredibly whiney and stupid, thank you.

Here are the screenses I uploaded!

http://llsc.us/n00bface/u13whiners/screenshot218.JPG
some arsehole wondering how someone who plays the game with a variety weapons could have ever gotten the password
http://llsc.us/n00bface/u13whiners/screenshot220.JPG
someone's getting frustrated
http://llsc.us/n00bface/u13whiners/screenshot222.JPG
this one is fun
http://llsc.us/n00bface/u13whiners/screenshot224.JPG
here's me using the minigun to better dictate my sexual preference
http://llsc.us/n00bface/u13whiners/screenshot226.JPG
here's the minigun using me to better dictate it's sexual preference
http://llsc.us/n00bface/u13whiners/screenshot231.JPG
more questioning! they must be detectives!
http://llsc.us/n00bface/u13whiners/screenshot232.JPG
Chakra, you [IMAGE]tard!
http://llsc.us/n00bface/u13whiners/screenshot233.JPG
overall view of chat from laos to run

I was playing like any good kid would, they just can't take the fact that their statwhoring can't match up with my minigun!

Edit: Also would like to add, when some regulars were using it I guess to go against mine, they received lots of "Lol"s, but when I'm using it, apparently it's just gay.

Edit2: Also forgot to mention that is one of the main reasons I withdrew from having my server in SuS (Apart from me having absolutely no say in what goes on with the SuS) is cos I would MUCH rather have newbies playing in my server than the retard statwhore regulars who visit U13 regularly. I thought SuS would be a *bit* higher level, like with modest, respectable people.

frogboy
January 25, 2005, 3:23 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyI'll have to try that sometime...

...and I did.

Like n00bface, I didn't really say anything (in fact, the only thing I can remember saying was "what, coz i own u"), and was using the minigun primarily in medium/close range.

...As soon as I join, the whining starts.
05-01-24 13:25:00 [Poop] wtf?
05-01-24 13:25:01 [|SS|Ryukk] damn chak
05-01-24 13:25:04 [Freeze.+`] DIE
05-01-24 13:25:26 [Freeze.+`] ummm wierd

And then some SUS bashing/elitist bull[IMAGE]...

05-01-24 13:25:34 [|SS|Ryukk] tflies needs to change the pass quickly
05-01-24 13:25:45 [SyPhEr |SG] why
05-01-24 13:25:52 [|SS|Ryukk] so noobs cant get in
05-01-24 13:26:24 [|SS|Ryukk] yeah he needs to forget sus and just give the wasword to a

And some U13 bashing. (Brick says thanks for the compliment)
05-01-24 13:26:54 [Mancer`Syn.] My god, u13 sucks.

Finally, someone decides to try and vote kick me.

05-01-24 13:30:29 [Poop] kick the minigun retard
05-01-24 13:30:37 [[=EX=]==Stripe==(Apax)] why]
05-01-24 13:30:39 [^GL^ UbEr KiLlInG gUy] what, coz i own u
05-01-24 13:30:43 [Poop] yes
05-01-24 13:30:47 [Poop] thats why i want to kick you

...And some more whining occurs

05-01-24 13:32:00 [VijchtiDoodah] hate barrets
05-01-24 13:32:00 [[=EX=]==Stripe==(Apax)] WHJORE!
05-01-24 13:32:01 [[=EX=]==Stripe==(Apax)] FAG!
05-01-24 13:32:56 [VijchtiDoodah] that's some lag
05-01-24 13:32:59 [VijchtiDoodah] jesue
05-01-24 13:33:17 [[=EX=]==Stripe==(Apax)] i'm suckin today
05-01-24 13:33:21 [[=EX=]==Stripe==(Apax)] REALLY

...then I get told to stop because minigun isn't good enough for a public server

05-01-24 13:38:37 [Mancer`Syn.] Hey uber killing guy, can you use a more effective
05-01-24 13:38:38 [Mancer`Syn.] Weapon?
05-01-24 13:38:47 [Mancer`Syn.] Minigun isnt going to help us.

Now some weapons bashing:

05-01-24 13:40:10 [beaner] yes but, why is the mini even availible?
05-01-24 13:40:26 [Mancer`Syn.] I say get rid of barret too ;d
05-01-24 13:40:46 [[=EX=]==Stripe==(Apax)] i'd get rid of ruger

And eventually they vote kick me :(

05-01-24 13:41:53 ^GL^ UbEr KiLlInG gUy has been voted to leave the game

_Mancer_
January 25, 2005, 3:25 am
U13 Sus server is the worst server now... and its because of the lag. Im sorry but everyone there is just lame. Everyone thinks that they're the best because they can kill me with deagles or ak7 or law while I have a ruger.

But what other choices to we have, U13 is the only server with fairly good people on a regular basis.

U13 is always full

Ownage inf is always full

Everything else is just some laggy ctf server or a passworded dm server.

I think we need to take a break from CTF...

EDIT: Frogboy, the one quote you have of me asking you to do a different weapon isnt whining, its actually trying to help the game out. I actually voted F11 when they votekicked you, I was trying to change your weapon so the game would be a bit more effective.

And the barret quote, that was ages ago, in 1.2 before bink came into play. Im not a barretard anymore.

Judge_Man
January 25, 2005, 3:28 am
quote:Originally posted by SwazoThat's cuz you're too busy smashing your keyboard to make a sentence JudMan XD

Im not busy, i type those during respawn time. I just Type that instead of insulting people. Make the anger go out of me.

Noobface, dont tell me you never EVER got annoyed by minigun or by anything else in soldat. It happens to everyone to whine. Some a lot, other less.
And on u13, what make people b!tch is mostly the top 100 K:D. remove that and it would be really nice.

Ok, these days U13 is whining fest. I don't or i try to handle my frustration cause it make the game boring and not fun to play when your angry.
Hmmmm i just Realized that most of the whine began with the comming of 1.2.1. New Weapon power, the bink, and the fact that u13 is weirdly (lol) laggin these days... anyway hope it gets better soon.

FliesLikeABrick
January 25, 2005, 3:30 am
Do you argue with yourself often? Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against you or anything, but you start off saying U13 is the worst server ever, then you say that U13 is the only server with good people on a regular basis... help me understand this?

It all comes down to whether or not you can play and just ignore all the morons in there, as is the way with anywhere in soldat, be it in game, on the forums, or in IRC.

Its all part of a game, all the weapons, and all the stupidity too.

edot: this post is directed at mancer, but apparently everyone is faster than i am

_Mancer_
January 25, 2005, 3:33 am
Eh, ya got me there.

Judge_Man
January 25, 2005, 3:35 am
This should have been in General Disscussion.

FliesLikeABrick
January 25, 2005, 3:43 am
I'm looking into the lag thing, im not quite sure where that came from :P

frogboy
January 25, 2005, 3:43 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_And the barret quote, that was ages ago, in 1.2 before bink came into play. Im not a barretard anymore.

Oh, so switch to the easier weapons when Barret actually becomes hard?

n00bface
January 25, 2005, 3:56 am
quote:Noobface, dont tell me you never EVER got annoyed by minigun or by anything else in soldat.
Not when they use it properly (ie not using it as a jet to get to the flag in back.) I was supporting my team with it, and I don't think any of my teammates had a problem with it, besides that [IMAGE]tard Predd. People just don't like to be on the receiving end when some 'newbie' is beating their ratio down with the least likely weapon in the game..to..do......so (Having trouble phrasing that.)

Judge_Man
January 25, 2005, 4:03 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacequote:Noobface, dont tell me you never EVER got annoyed by minigun or by anything else in soldat.
People just don't like to be on the receiving end when some 'newbie' is beating their ratio down with the least likely weapon in the game..to..do......so (Having trouble phrasing that.)

That is exactly the problem. I gave up my ratio like 3-4 week ago and started to play for fun and it's great. A lot of people have not done that yet. The ratio is the PROBLEM it's not the first time i say it. Remove the Top100 of kill/dead Ratio and im 100% sure there will be A LOT less of whining.

FliesLikeABrick
January 25, 2005, 4:30 am
Yeah, stats are there for a luxury, not to [IMAGE] about. But if people are playing for stats, you have to live with it, because it is part of the game, at least in U13 (unfortunately)

Cookie.
January 25, 2005, 5:14 am
omg u13 is the best now flab XD i am teh camping god! and on your server not everyone complains ^_^

Judge_Man
January 25, 2005, 5:21 am
Finally, someone that sees same thing as i do.

that fuking sniper
January 25, 2005, 5:26 am
Bleh, speaking of stats, they're a joke. I'm pretty high on the table, with only 720 kills, and last kill was on Jan 11.

Judge_Man
January 25, 2005, 5:31 am
Rofl yeah, cause u camp/snipe/defend/health whore.

Getting top10 is so EASY. The top100 K:D is completely useless.

that fuking sniper
January 25, 2005, 5:46 am
Eh, do you realy think I'd do all these things? Usually... wait, scratch that... I *always* play in an "acceptable" fasion (unless in a deliberate test, which is what I did, described in my first post, and under a false alias at that) in a given game to avoid any unnecessary crap from other players and to just get along with the game. Under '|GnR|that [IMAGE]ing sniper' I don't camp, or leech the health boxes. Don't accuse me of anything you can't back up (or that can be argued upon, for that matter, for each of us can claim the other lies) just to have some sort of rebuttal on a simple point that I've made about the stats system. If you ever got to know me, I'm the least person to care about stats or the like. I don't degrade the gameplay so that I could have nice shiny stats to brag about, which is another thing I am strongly against. Sniping may be considered cheap by many, but not by me, or by anyone as skilled with it as I am (in which case they would suck major crap with it).

NightCabbage
January 25, 2005, 8:31 am
I always think it's funny how quick people are to shout out a quick "noob!" comment, especially when I'm playing under a different alias. Now, I don't camp, spawn kill, or hog any particular weapon. Nor do I say anything offensive to people. Yet, still, there are those out there that shout out "noob!" at various things.

Most of the people who do this have probably only been playing a matter of months, and my play time dwarfs that of their own. It's just funny to see that some people think that they're pro after playing the game, what they consider to be a large amount of time.

And then, of course, if you don't have those people calling you a noob, you have the rudimentary "hacker!" type people. Good thing I've got admin on almost every server in the country, or I'd have been kicked from many a server from the accusation of cheating ;)

Sif set the vote% to 33 default o.O

Yes, it would apprear that too many noobs think they're pro :P that is, I guess, my point.

that fuking sniper
January 25, 2005, 8:45 am
NC, you're a noob, and will always be a noob to me :P

I still remember those good ole' days when we saw eachother inceassantly in bumpy's world.

We need to play together sometime.

kkazican
January 25, 2005, 3:00 pm
Ryan we need some more flexibility with the server ranges. it seems all the good servers are CTF or INF. I think you should be unique and have a good TDM match. You might have to repgrogram the stats or just disable them

FliesLikeABrick
January 25, 2005, 3:19 pm
damnit kkaz, what is it with calling me by my first name all the time... its starting to freak me out. As for other U13 servers, i would if i had money to get a better connection.

edit: K it has been decided, U13 will now adopt a 3v3 or 4v4 TDM, up at the same time as U13 CTF. Watch the site for more information

Judge_Man
January 25, 2005, 4:16 pm
GREAT!

Chakra
January 25, 2005, 4:18 pm
Oh baby!

Deleted User
January 25, 2005, 8:47 pm
*clouds open up and light shines down*
*monks begin chanting*

Jello
January 25, 2005, 10:34 pm
I guess I'm not the only person to forge Soldat alter-egoes, eh? Some good ones are The Really Whiney Guy, The Sniper Who Says "Pwned" Alot, or possibly The Arrogant Ak Guy. They can be fun...

NightCabbage
January 26, 2005, 1:38 am
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperNC, you're a noob, and will always be a noob to me :P

I still remember those good ole' days when we saw eachother inceassantly in bumpy's world.

We need to play together sometime.

Ah yes, and you'll always be a pro to me ;)

lol

What servers do you play in?

I mainly play in Aus servers, but some others I can play in, such as the GnR server.

that fuking sniper
January 26, 2005, 2:38 am
You can find me all about the server list, trying to find a target to hit (in vain :( )

motocrossy
January 26, 2005, 2:54 am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!! The bumpasarous makes a quick cameo. BUMPITTY!!!

_Mancer_
January 26, 2005, 8:57 pm
Honestly...who bumps anymore.

*bump*

that fuking sniper
January 27, 2005, 12:41 am
Mhmmm, I think we're all avoiding the object of bumping a thread, that is because 1) The thread wasn't that old when it was bumped, to start with. And 2) Is that this doesn't bother anyone when it gets bumped (Yes, the object of bumping threads is mainly to piss people off and whore some attention), as this is the bash pit. Sorry to undermine your efforts.