( search forums )
Minigun...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
mar77a
January 24, 2005, 3:23 pm
In my opinion, the minigun is the only weapon that no one uses as FAVOURITE. It's usally used for "minigun surfing", lagging the server. I think something's got to be done guys...

b00stA
January 24, 2005, 3:28 pm
No.

As simple as that.

Chakra
January 24, 2005, 3:30 pm
I concur. Minigun can actually be quite formidable close up like a shotgun and pre-empted, but is otherwise only used to annoy the [IMAGE] out of ya.

Fortunately, the Weapon Editor dawns on us, and no doubt someone will make good use of all 14 weapon slots.

Judge_Man
January 24, 2005, 4:02 pm
To solve the prob, make it less accurate and (much) more powerful.

It's a Helicopter Minigun guys...it's supposed to fire ultra fast with not much accuracy and lots of power.

lieroguy
January 24, 2005, 5:13 pm
I'd just bump the weapon damage up a tad.

LazehBoi
January 24, 2005, 5:18 pm
But people are still going to use it to speed, if it's more powerful it'll mow down people along the way. :/

Judge_Man
January 24, 2005, 5:21 pm
Well, make it that it doesn't Push you so hard.

Edit: Wooo! 100 posts! lol

mar77a
January 24, 2005, 5:29 pm
I say: Reduce the "Push", give less speed and some more accuracy. Or REPLACE it for another weapon.

DeMonIc
January 24, 2005, 5:58 pm
DON'T TOUCH MY MINIGUN.
If Michal improves a netcode a little (so all the shots will count...currently 60% of the hits don't count most of the time) than the minigun will have it's deserved glory.Currently it's only fun pwning noobs in DM with it ;D (ooooh that ratcave map is so fun!)

mar77a
January 24, 2005, 5:59 pm
I just say, reduce the "Push" the weapon has, so it cant be abused.

white_ninja
January 24, 2005, 8:21 pm
Well, we're not going to be replacing any guns. Michal already said the weapon set was going to be staying the same. And with the weapon editor, nothing needs to be done. Now if you don't like a weapon, it's up to you to fix it.

NightCabbage
January 24, 2005, 11:32 pm
No, the stupid-assed minigun cannot be removed.

mar77a
January 24, 2005, 11:56 pm
The weapon editor does not feature "push"...in the weapon settings...

Marine
January 25, 2005, 5:20 am
It's good on flat lands, like the space in INF warehouse, the open field there. Man, I've gotten in some intense artilery battles there..

Ranis
January 25, 2005, 7:09 am
I never have problems with peeps using miniguns, I sually kill em, and I only surf when against bots, they're so stupid most of the time. But what i have to say is, if you don't like the way the mingun shoots, just don't use it, easy as that.

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 10:28 am
leave my minigun :X . i try and get into ANY serv that allows miniguns.. even 300ping servs.

mar77a
January 25, 2005, 3:11 pm
I'm talking about that "Push" feature the Minigun has!!! Im not saying to remove it, nor change the power or speed...!!!!

DT
January 25, 2005, 4:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by lieroguyI'd just bump the weapon damage up a tad.

just like the ak?
minigun is fine but it is hard to kill someone with it...

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 5:10 pm
why would you want to remove the 'push' like how am i supposed to mini surf???, ALSO in real life,
miniuns dont just 'stand still' they move BACKWARDS.. henceforth, push.

mar77a
January 25, 2005, 5:25 pm
Yes, i know but that "Push" its maybe a little (a lot) too much for a gun...and thats why its abused...

SERIAL KILLeR
January 25, 2005, 5:39 pm
change how the push of the minigun works so u move a lot slower when shooting instead but not by being pushed backwards.

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 5:50 pm
hmm, that might work in realistic mode..

DeMonIc
January 25, 2005, 6:05 pm
MOFO NOFO, by dumping an idea to real mode, things won't change.I'm in for reducing the push, but I fear that'd encourage bullett hailing.

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 8:28 pm
NEVER ... EVER.. REMOVE PUSH ... or.. ILL QUIT SOLDAT!!!.. or just make up a new name for myself and fake my suicide

/mercy

mar77a
January 25, 2005, 10:26 pm
The you are a noob, cause you dont need that push, at all. If you used the Minigun correctly, you would be glad if that push was reduced.

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 10:28 pm
no, i minigun surf for fun, even minigun surf race with friends.. AND NEVER.. EVER.. call people noobs, because that shows how noobish you are.

mar77a
January 25, 2005, 10:55 pm
Do you think its from an advanced player to do "minigun surfing"? The only ones who does that is "Soldier"...

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 11:48 pm
well, since you have 'no fun in life' ill just get back to minigun surfing, because its FUN.

nazikilla
January 27, 2005, 1:48 am
i use every weapon and almost any tactic. but i never use one too long. i even minigun surf, but i dont do it constantly. i even use berret, but never very long.

Unlucky 13
January 27, 2005, 2:59 am
I don't understand what push is good for, anyone have an idea? Reducing accuracy, yes, but with its so low power, it is hardly used.

F3nyx
January 27, 2005, 4:36 am
Minigun push is pretty wicked on CTF-Run... people boost across the whole map, hugging the ceiling. If they save their ammo until they get the flag, it can be an annoyingly effective tactic.

I don't think the minigun should be removed... in Deathmatch, the stream of minigun bullets is like a beacon signaling an easy target. It could definitely use some kind of upgrade, though. Maybe a tiny bit more accuracy and damage... current reload time and rate of fire are good.

Marine
January 28, 2005, 4:06 am
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOwhy would you want to remove the 'push' like how am i supposed to mini surf???, ALSO in real life,
miniuns dont just 'stand still' they move BACKWARDS.. henceforth, push.

In real life, the thousands of pounds of recoil generated by the gun would immediately knock you over, send the gun barrel flying into your face and break a few bones.

Less push, more damage. I'm all for it.

Zero Wiggles Murasame
January 30, 2005, 11:06 pm
The minigun is devastating to a person like me. I lag soo much when it's used...

mar77a
January 31, 2005, 1:33 am
I totally agree Zero, cause i have a slow machine also, and when some one uses a Minigun, well...

Luruvid
February 4, 2005, 7:13 pm
Well. acording to me no weapon should be taken away, Soldat needs more weapons. Minigun surf how much u want, cuse my deagle shots will hit u :P

Raijin1999
February 8, 2005, 7:47 am
I do think it needs one tweak. In particular, one bullet fires, and is off center by a bit, another bullet fires, and is much lower than the target zone.

Even these out, IMO, to get one shot going (if you are standing on the left, aiming right) up right, and the other down right, and one more, going straight. It adds a scattering effect. Yeah, in a tight corridoor, you'll be toast against it, but..it's a minigun. Hundreds and hundreds of rounds per minute, you expect it to hit where you want it to at least at least a few times. Let the fact that two of three bullets will likely miss the target, work as it's counterbalance. It already has the slow start-up fire time. Plus, since it pushes you back, you'll have to adjust your aiming every half second or so anyhow. If people can't duck and find cover while being fired at, they can just escape if possible. Lure the minigun user out to find you, so you can use the startup time against the mini user while you can pinpoint them with a more accurate rifle/etc.

Miniusers have to stand stationary to draw the best bead on an enemy anyhow, while rifle users are more capable of aiming on the fly while airborne. Also consider the upside effects this could have the mini with mods. (Being able to use the mini as different sci-fi weapons, etc)

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 11:14 am
Hmm..i thought of a cuning stratagy for the minigun....Remwember those fixed guns on a white stand? How about you use miniguns instead of them?
;) i noticed how they fire :D

Deleted User
February 14, 2005, 12:29 pm
I think minigun sucks, but i know many, who uses it requlary....AND THEIR EVEN PRETTY GOOD WITH IT! so I woudn't say that minigun is bad at all, you just got to know how to use it. (I'm not god with it, and never gona be...my interest are on other guns!)

February 17, 2005, 11:11 am
Honestly, i feel it isnt a really good wep,but sometimes i just feel the urge to fly around for no reason at all and hoping my shots hit somethin ^!^