( search forums )
When I open up dedicated server on linux
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Gerwaldo
January 24, 2005, 6:30 pm
I Have dedicated server installed and running on a Unix (Linux Compatible) box and i keep getting these erros when starting it up:

Exception EInvalidOp in module soldatserver at 08058B11.
Invalid floating point operation.

Anyone know why?

b00stA
January 24, 2005, 7:34 pm
(moved to Server Corps)

Deleted User
January 24, 2005, 7:43 pm
Uhh, huh. He's posted two of them now? Because I moved one as well, heh.

Gerwaldo
January 24, 2005, 7:47 pm
well all i want to know why no one is connecting. Imean its on a dedicated high speed oc12 internet connection, and no one can connect. Why?

n00bface
January 24, 2005, 8:21 pm
Ah, I see now. I think that's a Linux Error Message that happens when you set ASE_Register to 1 in Soldat.ini. Try turning it off and see if you still get the message.

If that doesn't work, paste your soldat.ini here and I'll see if I can find any conflicts in the settings.
If it DOES work, but you want the server to register to ASE, look at tank's sticky in this forum, he's made a server restart-on-crash script that can also register your server to ASE (ASE Support hasn't been added to the server yet AFAIK.)

Gerwaldo
January 24, 2005, 8:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceAh, I see now. I think that's a Linux Error Message that happens when you set ASE_Register to 1 in Soldat.ini. Try turning it off and see if you still get the message.

If that doesn't work, paste your soldat.ini here and I'll see if I can find any conflicts in the settings.
If it DOES work, but you want the server to register to ASE, look at tank's sticky in this forum, he's made a server restart-on-crash script that can also register your server to ASE (ASE Support hasn't been added to the server yet AFAIK.)
ok

Gerwaldo
January 24, 2005, 8:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceAh, I see now. I think that's a Linux Error Message that happens when you set ASE_Register to 1 in Soldat.ini. Try turning it off and see if you still get the message.

k i am not getting the erro anymore. But still it wont let anyone connect. its online right now at soldat://206.53.63.2:23073 (its called //ROS\\ Dedicated CTF i think)

Gerwaldo
January 24, 2005, 8:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Gerwaldoquote:Originally posted by n00bfaceAh, I see now. I think that's a Linux Error Message that happens when you set ASE_Register to 1 in Soldat.ini. Try turning it off and see if you still get the message.

k i am not getting the erro anymore. But still it wont let anyone connect. its online right now at soldat://206.53.63.2:23073 (its called //ROS\\ Dedicated CTF i think)
maybe i [IMAGE]? whats your aim so i can talk to u about this on aim?

Gerwaldo
January 24, 2005, 8:53 pm

k well i'm just gonna uninstall it and reinstall it by ftp and then configure it..again..i'd be happier if you'd respond within the next five minutes so i wont have to do so...

n00bface
January 24, 2005, 9:26 pm
I don't patrol the forums 24 hours a day. The reason you can't connect is most-likely the ports are blocked. Read the "Read Me Second - Running a Soldat Server" sticky in this same forum for which ports to unblock.

BTW, you should use the edit function to add onto your posts, 'cos it makes people angry if you don't.

Gerwaldo
January 24, 2005, 11:16 pm
whenever i try to access it from server admin, it wont let me and the ssh is acting retrdaed. I keep getting this error whenever i access it:

Exception EThread in module soldatserver at 0806F673.
Thread creation error: Resource temporarily unavailable
[screen is terminating]

do u guys know why?

ziekke
January 27, 2005, 10:54 am
FGI.
You might want to try using "ulimit -a" to see if you have a process or thread limitation on the server.