( search forums )
(moved) HOW DID U DISCOVER SOLDAT?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
AL3X1C0N
January 24, 2005, 8:34 pm
Well my encounter with soldat was in the Magazine of the neighbourhood i lived in at that time... it had a gaming section and they reviewed version 1.05b and i thought it was SOOOO COOOOL that i went straight away to www.soldat.prv.pl :P and downloaded and started playing it for hours and after school for hours god that were some fun times :)

but how abut u how did u find soldat?? Tell us ur experiences :)

(moved to general from oldies forum - DNA.styx)

AL3X1C0N
January 24, 2005, 8:40 pm
Aaah some of the last few veterans remain....
More and more of us retire each day.... *pinks away a tear*
We might retire but the memmories we gained in our hours of pleasure and entertainment we shall never lose....
I here by resign from soldat.... maybe for ever or maybe i shall return.... but i allways had fun with u guys... some i remember...
some i still have contact with now... like kris (clan KwH) sebbe and rasse and primo and the list goes on....
but i bid u all farewell... and good frags ...

Adios Amigos!

Liber_Lupus
January 24, 2005, 9:06 pm
Your avatar sucks.

BManx2000
January 24, 2005, 9:24 pm
This topic's been done at least twice before.

STEELIX
January 24, 2005, 10:54 pm
great way to say goodbye by making a double post ;)

Outcast
January 24, 2005, 11:25 pm
oh no hes back :/

NightCabbage
January 25, 2005, 3:17 am
blah ur all so negative :P

I first discovered Soldat while looking up something for Tribes.

I was at http://www.playspoon.com and I saw as a news item a little thing that said "The greatest game. Period."

So I thought, w00t, I'll check it out =D

(that little news article is still there by the way, the first first I heard about Soldat, go check it out ^^)

So I went and downloaded it!

It was cool!

Bots!
Multiplayer!
Free!
Jet boots!

What more could I want!

Stoked.

So, I tried to play it on my happy little 56k modem :P

On an american server.

With no anti-lag systems.

And a ping of at least 500ms :P

FUN!!11

Pure 1.0.5b pwnage.

Taxista
January 25, 2005, 3:40 am
I discovered soldat from a friend. He gave me the 1.0.5b instalation file, and i started to play only with him. After that with bots and after in public servers.

[S][K]Taxi

ThaD
January 25, 2005, 9:48 am
maybe the question should be how did you discover version 105b :)

there was a topic about Soldat at some Starcraft forum and I was looking for some relaxing game at that time :P

Liber_Lupus
January 25, 2005, 2:31 pm
I remembered playing a worm game with my friend on a dos. I thinked for few moments and remembered the game name...Liero. I checked out diffrent Liero sites and found a site with Soldat 1.0.5b version. I played with bots, I didn't know there was alot better version out. So 1.0.5b was kinda my first version I ever played :). Later I downloaded 1.1.4 and played it in multiplayer. Few weeks later joined the forums.

Lemyk
January 28, 2005, 1:29 pm
ahaha, i remember liero! i actually discovered that at my friends house like a year before i found soldat,
we stayed up til like 3 am, best fun ever.

Soldat story: I was at a friends house havin a lan, kevin started playin soldat, i was like COOL I WANT THAT WHAT IS IT? i wrote down what he said which was "SODAT" no 'l' cus he was chinese with a heavy accent...at home i searched for ages going WHERE IS IT?! one of my msn friends sed, "oh try soLdat" and i was like WHOOT.

I cant remember exactly when i played first, dont even know what version it was, but it was around the end of 02 iTHINK, the old internode days...might be why i failed year 12 -_-' (maybe early 03)
People like, nightcabbage, silk, silent enigma, oreo, eyic, made it so much fun...theres others i cant remember everyone.

*HIGH FIVE

MOFO NOFO
January 28, 2005, 2:25 pm
i found soldat when i was in year 8(about 2 years go), well I didnt find it.. Liquid Metal found it, then told me, before soldat, we used to play stick soldiers and runescape o.O

STEELIX
January 28, 2005, 4:41 pm
Heh, I used to play a game alot like soldat, but in 3D :) Then some buddies told me about soldat, and ...well, now I play both games :)

enjoyincubus
January 28, 2005, 5:18 pm
I was all like, hey, I'm going to go to google and search for a 2d game called Soldat and maybe there will be a game with that name and it'll have a cult following and I can join in and post in topics about how I found it.

No, really.

Deleted User
January 28, 2005, 7:55 pm
I looked under my bed and there it was, Soldat.

Vangelis
January 29, 2005, 2:29 am
I was looking for a good FREE game to play. I clicked on the first site google pulled,downloaded it and played it. Thus; my love for soldat was born. Then I dicided to buy a marrige license Michal ;D. We've been going steady for 4 months now.

StormCrow
January 29, 2005, 3:15 am
I played soldat a while back, an recentally (2 months ago almost) i decided i needed a new game an Soldat presented itself.

Kazuki
January 29, 2005, 3:24 am
Bah, I've only been around since the early 1.1.5 days. :(

WHY IS THIS TOPIC STILL ALIIIIIVE?!

Bye, Alexicon.

Judge_Man
January 29, 2005, 3:24 am
I discovered Soldat by downloading it. That's SO exciting!!?!?!?!?! Wooohoohohoho

AerialAssault
January 29, 2005, 3:46 am
i saw it on G4's "no budget gamer" like 2 years ago.

kkazican
January 29, 2005, 4:28 am
funny you say that aerial since G4 hasn't even been around for a year and a half. And that no budget gamer previewed at the end of the summer 2004. All that aside.

I believe I discovered soldat a few years back on MPOGD because at the time I was playing free online text based games (because they were free) Then I somehow came upon a free online multiplayer game WITH GRAPHICS.

I decided to check it out. Thought it sucked and was raped easily so left.

1 month later I came back and somehow got uber skills and here I am.

Ranis
January 29, 2005, 5:42 am
Pcgamer had an article about the 50 best free games, and then some guy wrote to them and said, "how could you forget some of my favorite games like wulfram and soldat?" then with the link to soldat I found it and have been playing it ever since.

Shivorken
January 29, 2005, 5:53 am
I found out 'bout soldat from a friend tellin me that there is this game (soldat ... duh) which is better than SS2. I didn't believe him and my first go at soldat wuz absolutely crap, because of negative thoughts about it. I found it again on my comp a year later and started to play till now.

Green Barret
January 29, 2005, 6:03 am
I was playing Counter Strike in an internet cafe when suddenly this guy next to me starts playing this really cute looking game. I tried it out and found it to be fun. The first version i played was 1.1.2. After playing it for about 2 months i got hooked CS and i left Soldat... Then i got tired of CS so i started playing Soldat again, been playing it non-stop since 1.1.5. Joined the forums about a month before 1.2.1 came out.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 29, 2005, 6:33 am
I discovered soldat almost 3 years ago when my friend jamie(vernonjr-soldat name) came over for my birthday. He showed me the game on gamehippo. I we downloaded it, and my friends and i started playing. i instantly created a masterchief gostek and learned that no one besideds me could even see it :) lol. anyways it will be 3 years on feb. 8th

ThaD
January 29, 2005, 10:47 am
how can it be 3 years when the first public version (played by a few polish players) was released in may 2002?

Spectral
January 29, 2005, 7:14 pm
he's trying to act like he's a leet vet

I discovered soldat via gamehippo.com

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 29, 2005, 7:23 pm
im pretty sure its 3 years because it was at my birthday in 7th grade. i seriously do. but maybe im wrong... are you sure thats when it was released thad?

Mysterio
January 29, 2005, 8:39 pm
i found MY love in 97.

but i found soldat in the day of the tentacle (1.05b)

lieroguy
January 30, 2005, 12:00 am
I found soldat on gamehippo.com, since I go to that site often. Games like Soldat very veyr rarely come across gamehippo, so I was really surprized. I don't know why I continue to go there, most of their new games are total crap.

enjoyincubus
January 30, 2005, 2:24 am
To calculate how long someone has truly played: Take given amount of time. Divide by 2.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 30, 2005, 2:35 am
quote:Originally posted by enjoyincubusTo calculate how long someone has truly played: Take given amount of time. Divide by 2.

I discovered soldat almost 6 years ago when my friend jamie(vernonjr-soldat name) came over for my birthday. He showed me the game on gamehippo. I we downloaded it, and my friends and i started playing. i instantly created a masterchief gostek and learned that no one besideds me could even see it :) lol. anyways it will be 6 years on feb. 8th

enjoyincubus
January 30, 2005, 3:05 am
:)

ThaD
January 30, 2005, 11:23 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixim pretty sure its 3 years because it was at my birthday in 7th grade. i seriously do. but maybe im wrong... are you sure thats when it was released thad?

check the manual ;)

Deleted User
January 30, 2005, 1:10 pm
my older brother came back from America and told me bout SOLDAT!!!! now hes stopped (started 1.0.5) and i picked up a few months before he finished (round 1.1.2 it think) and have been obsessed ever since. the greatest gift a brother could give *sniffle*