( search forums )
some new weapon and bouns idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
kwanfei
January 24, 2005, 10:00 pm
1.new secondary weapon: shield
A breakable shield can be hold as a secondary weapon,but it can only protect the player in on direction. The shield can have the same heath system of the vests

2.new bonuse: nuclear weapon
Nuclear weapon can be just like the Flamethrower,but if you hit someone with that,that person will keep losing heat until he hit the Medikit.

3.new bonuse: napalm grenades
Napalm grenade is oil bomb that explode when hitting the ground and will keep burning in a area for a while. Anyone(include yourself) would be on fire if they walk over or touchthe burning are.

give some opinions^^
(i know most of the people probably would disagree with #1.....)

DeMonIc
January 25, 2005, 6:20 pm
1.Well, think of that for a bit.If it gives as much protection as a vest, and disables shooting..it'd get destroyed in a matter of seconds.
2.Well, if it would shoot big balls of green goo, and would make you glow all eery, I vote yes :)

3.Meh, I think like these would be too unusable..I mean, you can jet over it.And there aren't much low jet maps either.

Meandor
January 25, 2005, 6:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by kwanfei
Nuclear weapon can be just like the Flamethrower,but if you hit someone with that,that person will keep losing heat until he hit the Medikit(heath).

Not necessarily a bonus, with some tweaking the same mechanism could be applied to a normal weapon. Poison darts?

Teh Panda
January 25, 2005, 6:54 pm
Shield was allready a rumour spreaded by betatesters in 1.2->1.2.1

MOFO NOFO
January 25, 2005, 6:57 pm
i like the sheild idea. Sounds perfect for barret users.

mar77a
January 25, 2005, 7:03 pm
I like the one of the shield, but it is very difficult to manage and in a way useless...but sounds good...

PS: remind's me of a game called...emmm...counter strike?

IDF-RIPsta
January 25, 2005, 7:35 pm
I like the idea of weapons that make you gradually loose health.
I've come across a similar suggestion in the past, but that was long ago and long forgotten.

Judge_Man
January 25, 2005, 10:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by kwanfei1.new secondary weapon: shield

1. Been suggested, rejected. It just doesn't fit in soldat.

2. er..... sounds crappy..

3. That one is ok, been suggested but it would be great.

4. Use search for futur suggestion.

Spectral
January 26, 2005, 12:15 am
these are decent ideas, tho the shield takes away from the offensive aspect of the game

Morik
January 26, 2005, 1:12 am
those ideas arnt that bad. Better than most, although the shield would be alot like the bullet proof vest. and poison darts would be a good idea, maybe go team fortress style and make it affect others :D i dunno just another idea.

kwanfei
January 26, 2005, 1:29 am
I think Poison darts is a bad idea because darts are not guns....
(have u even saw people still use darts to fight in war for now???)
if there are poison darts,i think darts can only put in rambo or bonus

Magniitude
January 26, 2005, 1:42 am
1. Whats really the difference between that and normal shields? We dont need 2 different things for one idea.

2. Sounds great, not one of those overpowered or underpowered ideas.

3. Yea, its been suggested a lot.

Jaz
January 26, 2005, 1:43 am
They should kill awfully slowly though, like aggonisingly slow, 1 hp out of a hundred like a second.

Keron Cyst
January 26, 2005, 1:55 am
I like the Shield idea, but if it was to be a secondary weapon, then at least it'd have very different attributes than a normal weapon, of course. My thoughts on it:
It can be used only in crouching or prone state, and it'd take a while to put it away. Also, it could only be put up if a one-handed weapon was equipped in conjunction with it (one Desert Eagle?... :-P), since your Soldat's busy holding up the shield with his other hand. Tho' your Soldat can still aim behind with his gun-holding arm and shoot, putting away the shield should take a while. And your Soldat would have to lower the shield to fire.

I think since it takes so long to set up, it should be relatively stronger than the bullet-proof vest, but a Barret shot should still be able to pierce it ;-)

zyxstand
January 26, 2005, 2:12 am
i like ur ideas...a lot - esp. no 1: since (in theory) ur shield would be heavy u'd have to prone and be on secondary - meaning it would slow you down! - and it would only cover in the direction u aim but it don't help against explosions and it would have endless shields - its ez then to beat the person down with 2 ppl (one from each side)

the other two ideas are pretty cool - or instead of nuclear weapon you could have slow loading darts as meandor said

person
January 26, 2005, 2:16 am
I don't like any of those ideas, sorry.

1 - Most useful of the 3 ideas you proposed, but is completely useless.

2 - It would only cause frustration, as it would kill basically anyone it touched.

3 - I'm a huge fan of NOT having any flame-based weapons.

Green Barret
January 26, 2005, 8:08 am
It has been posted several times before, try using the search button next time.

*Translation*:

1.New Secondary Weapon: Shield

This shield would protect the user from one direction(probably the way the user is facing), and would work like the current bullet proof vest in Soldat.

2.New Bonus: Nuclear Weapon

The nuclear weapon would work like the Flamethrower, but if you hit anyone with it, it would make the victim continue to lose health until he eats a health pack.

3.New Bonus: Napalm Grenades

A napalm grenade is a bomb made of oil, and when thrown, it makes the surface area it hits burn in flames for a certain time. In Soldat, anyone(including yourself) who walks over that burning area would get set on fire.

Tell me some of your own opinions^^
(I know that a lot of people will disagree with #1.....)

Padulo
January 26, 2005, 9:54 am
quote:Originally posted by kwanfei1.new secondary weapon: shield
A breakable shield can be hold as a secondary weapon,but it can only protect the player in on direction. The shield can have the same heath system of the vests

Nuclear weapon can be just like the Flamethrower,but if you hit someone with that,that person will keep losing heat until he hit the Medikit.

Napalm grenade is oil bomb that explode when hitting the ground and will keep burning in a area for a while. Anyone(include yourself) would be on fire if they walk over or touchthe burning are.

give some opinions^^
(i know most of the people probably would disagree with #1.....)

mhhh...let me think...
1.new secondary weapon: shield
if you put this as secondary you can't shoot, so you can only running like Forrest Gump! me no likes the idea.

2.new bonus: nuclear weapon
good! i like it!but i prefer the Meandor idea. a poison darts gun is a lot more realistic than a nuclear one.

3.new bonus: napalm grenades
i like this too! but napalm that's a bit exagerate, i say molotov cocktail for all!

Captain Ben
January 26, 2005, 10:17 am
i like the napalm nades... and thats about it.

Meandor
January 26, 2005, 6:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by kwanfeiI think Poison darts is a bad idea because darts are not guns....
(have u even saw people still use darts to fight in war for now???)
if there are poison darts,i think darts can only put in rambo or bonus

People don't even fight wars with handheld machineguns / sniper rifles, rockets strapped to their boots, chainsaws and much else. And guns that shoot tranquilizers are used on animals, so why not poison them and use them on people?