( search forums )
CTF Marsh v1.0 - First map by Stomp Rocket
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Stomp
January 25, 2005, 12:20 am
This is my first ever attempt at a map. It is a kind of interpretation of the ctf_laos design which is probably my favourite original soldat map.

The map comes with bot support but I can't get them to work perfectly, if anyone could give some advice after testing the map that would be much appreciated.

I haven't really attempted anything outstanding here because i'm just trying to get a grip on the map editor atm. Perhaps my future maps will be visually or design wise more exciting. I have tried to make the map fairly atmospheric, a kind of post war bog zone I think.

Here are some screenshots:
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Download:
http://rapidshare.de/files-en/433337/ctf_Marsh.zip.html

If you find any bugs on the map please inform me and i'll fix them and post the fix here. Please try out the map and any comments you wish to give would be very well appreciated, thank you.

Michal
January 25, 2005, 12:49 am
Pretty nice map. Good use of scenery, nice colors.
My only suggestions would be to avoid really pointy edges, and to maybe have a bit more variation in shading.
Really good job for a first map :)

Cookie.
January 25, 2005, 1:05 am
silence the point edges they prawn
its very brown... brown is good
Very good for your first map XD

Deleted User
January 25, 2005, 1:55 am
Whoa..almost thought your name was Sprocket for a seconday there..Anyways.. Good job for your first map, the top part has a very nice empty feel to it. Always good for nice aerial battles, and I like the boggy feeling at the bottom of the map. Nice job.