( search forums )
Faster Soldat Movements
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
IDF-RIPsta
January 25, 2005, 10:53 am
Not much to say about this, but since many games have become faster in gameplay and response time required, I think we should speed up Soldat as well.

A 50% increase in speed would suffice, I believe.

DeMonIc
January 25, 2005, 6:17 pm
Sure, and might aswell ensure epilepsy for everyone.

The game speed goes up from update to update, it is not required to force it.

IDF-RIPsta
January 25, 2005, 7:30 pm
I didn't notice any change in game speed.
Nevertheless, I think the game is still too slow.

http://www.epilepsy.com/101/ep101_who.html
When are people most likely to get epilepsy?
New cases of epilepsy are most common among children, especially during the first year of life. The rate of new cases gradually declines until about age 10, and then becomes stable. After age 55 or 60, the rate starts to increase, as people develop strokes, brain tumors, or Alzheimer's disease. (All of these disorders can cause epilepsy.)

I don't think we are in danger...

The Geologist
January 25, 2005, 8:01 pm
Meh..seems like the game moves quickly enough as is. Not really needed IMO, but a good idea none the less.

Judge_Man
January 25, 2005, 10:29 pm
HELL No! 50% ROFL dude you would see nothing but blurred things MAN. IMO, soldat is already a bit too fast, and easy to go fast. Before walking/moving fast needed skill.

Meandor
January 26, 2005, 6:14 pm
A speed field in server side options?

Judge_Man
January 26, 2005, 6:17 pm
Why not a game mode that everything goes at the speed of light? Duh... lol

mar77a
January 26, 2005, 7:59 pm
I think soldat is fast enough...Imagine myself using Ruger at 50% more speed...gosh...

Bugs Revenge
January 26, 2005, 8:52 pm
BTW, this version is slower than 1.1.5.

blackdevil0742
January 26, 2005, 9:16 pm
soldat is to fast allready so why mak it faster...

IDF-RIPsta
January 27, 2005, 9:48 am
The whole point of increasing the game-speed is to make aiming more difficult and dodging easier...

Judge_Man, have you ever seen a demo?
Demos run 100% faster, and I can still imagine myself playing at such speeds.

You should also try playing NFSU 1+2 to get a feel of a truly fast paced game. UT2004 is also faster in gameplay. In fact, I believe that all shooter games are faster than the current version of Soldat.
(IGI2 and similar games excluded)

m00`
January 27, 2005, 10:06 am
quote:Originally posted by MeandorA speed field in server side options?

lol no way meandor, then epople well have to get used to a whole different style of game in every server that changes speed, thoguht ti would be quite fun making speed really slow :p and you could have bullet time all the time hehe, if this were to happen then i say change bullet speed too!! :p

MOFO NOFO
January 27, 2005, 12:11 pm
mabye speed up by 5%?

Jaz
January 27, 2005, 12:23 pm
Ok, simple example. Try playing 105 then try playing this version. You will notice a huge difference in speed.....no more. Its fine.