( search forums )
How can I..........
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
FragMonkey
January 26, 2005, 12:13 am
Can someone please tell me if and how I can covert my Soldat demos into something readable by windows media player and such (i.e .avi or .bmp) for a new movie I had in mind?????

MOFO NOFO
January 26, 2005, 12:15 am
1 word. fraps

FragMonkey
January 26, 2005, 12:33 am
Fraps is one of my options but i would rather not use that program because it would probably be too slow on my pc. Anything else???

NOTE: It said something in the soldat manual about typing in some crap and the demo being extracted to .bmp format... Anyone care to explain this??

Yukwunhang
January 26, 2005, 12:42 am
Fraps is the only way to change the demos to other format.

MOFO NOFO
January 26, 2005, 1:03 am
BMP IS A PICTURE.... press f4 for them.

Unlucky 13
January 26, 2005, 1:25 am
oh i can, if you read the .txt in the Demos\Extracted folder, it is self explantory.

Kazuki
January 26, 2005, 10:14 pm
I'm here to help with that problem. :) I've created a few mini-tutorials in my time here in the forums. I believe the ones that would interest you are:

Movie Making for Newbs

Demo Tutorial

Those two topics should greatly help. :) Also, I suggest that next time you're stuck, you check the Help/Bug Forums and read the stickies. The stickies are very important. Good luck.

And yes, you can extract demos to BMP's. The easiest way to do that is to download Diamond Demo Player. The easiest way to do that is to read the links I gave you and find out how to get DDP from there.

FragMonkey
January 28, 2005, 1:24 am
sweet thnx ill try it