( search forums )
Can't get rid of stray lines
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
JTG2003
January 26, 2005, 12:45 am
I was attempting to make a thin footbridge-like thingy in my map, and it didn't work like I planned. I tried to get rid of it but I ended up with several stray lines with no...area to them. They aren't triangles, just lines. I can't seem to select them. They are barely visable in the editor (but clear in the wireframe mode) and show up as average sized triangles in the level (playing it). They look..ugly. Is there any way to get rid of them? Here's a pic: [URL]

Thanks, Jeremy

The Geologist
January 26, 2005, 1:02 am
Did you try to compile your map before deleting those polys/lines? That can help from time to time, and I've experience lines like these that a quick compile took care of.

JTG2003
January 26, 2005, 1:06 am
Just tried it, Geo. No effect. If there was a selection window I might be able to get them, but I can't seem to click on them.

Milkman Dan
January 26, 2005, 1:32 am
when i had stray polys i found the best thing to get rid of them was to use the multi highlight button and it turns it pink and it make it easier to delete them, i dont know if it will work in your case but its worth a shot

JTG2003
January 26, 2005, 1:36 am
Nah, didn't work :-/

Deleted User
January 26, 2005, 8:31 pm
ARRRGH...then ye're doomed! :(

things like that have happend to me too....

Boxo
January 26, 2005, 8:52 pm
Use MapMaker Plus ffs, it lets you select polygons by number, eg. you can access and delete any polygon on the map without having to click on it.

Elemental
January 26, 2005, 8:58 pm
When that comes up for me, I just cover it up with other polygons. If you put the polys well, it wont look like youre trying to cover something. :/