( search forums )
Are you related to a wartime hero?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Rambo_6
January 26, 2005, 4:30 am
I just found out that i'm related to Billy Bishop, Canada's WWI wartime ace fighter pilot XD

He apparently got awarded the victoria cross. He's my mom's dad's brother.

Is anyone else here related to a wartime hero?

Vid3o
January 26, 2005, 11:34 am
Im only related to a President.
:(

n00bface
January 26, 2005, 7:14 pm
Not really related to me, but someone my mom works with and is sort of related to (cousin by marriage) is related to Captain Cook.
A lot of people don't know about Captain Cook, but he was believed to be an immortal god by the hawaiians, but later died when his friend died (they figured out he wasn't immortal so they killed him). There's a monument in Hawaii dedicated to him :O

Deleted User
January 27, 2005, 12:39 am
I know i'm related distantly to General Herkimer, who was in some famous battle in New York that I know nothing about.

Ok
January 27, 2005, 4:29 am
Well dunno about war heros..
but here's the Deal:
My grandmother (from my father's side) and her brother were fighting in the partizans in russia in WWII.
MY other grandmother (mom's side ofcourse) was in aushwitz camp, I consider it a war hero, because its alot harder surviving that then a front line...HER housband served in the british army in WW2, not sure what he did though.
My Father served in 2 wars in Israel.. the 6 days war and erm.. Yom-Kipur's (1973) horrible war, which luckly he survived and made me.. wuhu.

from there on its pretty much lamish, Uncle and Brother and Myself served in the air force..nothing much, Technitions(Them) and Mechanics(ME).

I do have a cousin who is a fighter pilot atm. :P

I think that's about it.
erm incase you are wondering this is basicly a normal bloodline for an Israeli.

Liquid Metal
January 27, 2005, 6:08 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13quote:Originally posted by n00bfacequote: CAPTIN COOK DISCOVERED AUSTRALIA LOL!!!
yes, i was talking about important parts of history though

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Curse you! You and your undisclosed country!
And Cook was no god to the Hawaiians, I thought they were victims to his elite weaponary!

Acually, wasn't that Tasman guy the one who discovered Australia?

But I am related to the guy who founded the Democrats in Australia, Donald Chipp! He is my 3rd cousin!
Boo! Why couldn't Cap Cook discover Aus 1 day later. We could've did a scene in Mofos movie

Cookie.
January 28, 2005, 7:54 pm
my one grandfather fought in italy...

Rambo_6
February 3, 2005, 1:46 pm
Me? Lol.

I learned about him in history class :o

Shivorken
February 10, 2005, 9:37 am
My grandmother's father helped the American pilots in directing them to enemies via this radio up on a tower ... he was awarded a medal and invited to America by this General dude who wuz of high rank. He was the first chinese person to aid the Americans. He also bazooka'd Jap planes that came to close to his tower XD!!!!! I feel proud ....