( search forums )
Barretard X
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Oliver Stannus
January 26, 2005, 2:45 pm
I don't know what sort of level of animation is usually expected here, but I made a shortish animation of my own.

Edit: I've added a new link here for a better file host.

Here's the new link (thanks to FliesLikeABrick for uploading it):

[URL] (new link)

It's probably pretty lame, but I want some people to see it so it can be judged. Oh and the voiceover is the best I could get organised so don't be too judgemental. Hopefully, if it's an adequate animation I might make some more in a serial sort of thing.

If anyone is wondering I made it in Anim8or (www.anim8or.com), a nice little 3d program; Adobe Photoshop; Fruity Loops; Microsoft Paint; and Microsoft Movie Maker.

I'm probably over-rating it's value, but please let me know what you think. The link I have for it is not permanent - I'm trying to get it hosted elsewhere - but will do for the moment.

Oh it's called Barretard X... and it's only 1.8 megs but not too short (WMV format rulz - 'sif you need 800 meg files).

Edit: Thanks a lot to FliesLikeABrick for hosting the file... I really needed somewhere else to put it rather than a FreeWebs account!

MOFO NOFO
January 26, 2005, 3:01 pm
yay new movie / animation!!!!!

ask flies like a brick for hosting :/

Zuup
January 26, 2005, 3:04 pm
4kb/s yay =D

EDIT: nice =D

Yukwunhang
January 26, 2005, 3:32 pm
lol. Actually it's meaningless...4/10.

Edit
I don't understand.

Avskum
January 26, 2005, 3:58 pm
How not to obtain health was hilarious

Teh Panda
January 26, 2005, 4:32 pm
Haha. I actually laughed out loud.

KnOt
January 26, 2005, 9:43 pm
It didn't make me laugh, but it put a smile on my face :D Nicely done.. I'll try to learn how to use that program..Although, I probably lack the brain capacity :Q

-Edit- Make some Magical Trevor animations :F

Kazuki
January 26, 2005, 9:49 pm
lmao, That was great. Great job. Was it hard for you to animate the 3D portion?

N1nj@
January 26, 2005, 10:08 pm
I love this, although the pace of the movie is kinda slow, but the 3D parts cover that. Good job.

Oliver Stannus
January 27, 2005, 4:21 am
Yeah it takes a while to build up the models for the characters. It also takes quite a long time to create the movement sequences for each one - I have over about 20 sequences (run, shoot, prone... etc) and each one has up to several planned keyframes for each bone, and there are quite a few bones in the skeleton. The easiest bit was probably the video editing (putting all the clips together) but it was a nuisance to plan thw whole thing out.

Nice to read some compliments (I can cope with 4/10 from YukWunHang - he probably doesn't understand the jokes).

I might make a second episode soon - depending on whether or not I can get some better ideas. If anyone has any request please be sure to post them here I might include them. :)

Deleted User
January 28, 2005, 9:21 am
Hahah! Sweet! I love it, made me laugh :P

Unlucky 13
January 28, 2005, 9:57 am
Ah great... 2-5 kb/s. I hate freewebs and such...
I just watched it, the best bit was the last of it, BPvest and health + a bit of grenade are funny, LoL type of funny!

Great animation, you turned a normal Soldat movie into a educational *cough*, 3D (OMG WTF!!!) cinematic!

Vangelis
February 1, 2005, 7:44 am
Aww crap 2 kbps.... hope its worth it...
EDIT: HAHA nice work!

Alamo
February 1, 2005, 1:25 pm
hehe that looks cool ;)

Oliver Stannus
February 3, 2005, 5:31 am
I'm just putting together the second episode now - be sure to send me some suggestions (my most useful email address is oliver.stannus@gmail.com), and I might be able to feature your name in the animation.

Edit: I'm well under way making the second episode - this time it should be done in both Anim8or and a better 3d program, with cooler graphics, and it might be a fair bit bigger and longer.

StormCrow
February 6, 2005, 3:56 am
thats pretty awesome animations

Denacke
February 6, 2005, 9:39 am
Hehe nice movie :D

I mirrored it @ http://denacke.net/soldat/fanart/Oliver/BX_1.wmv

Oliver Stannus
February 6, 2005, 11:41 am
Thank you very much Denacke! It's nice to see people who are willing to help. I hope the English wasn't too fast to understand.

Deleted User
February 20, 2005, 8:44 am
It was alright i like teh How not to obtain helth part :P

Sam
February 20, 2005, 1:18 pm
Nice, hows the second episode coming along?

Oliver Stannus
February 23, 2005, 5:49 am
Slowly - I gotta find time to fit in 3D rendering and make up the second half. The first half is all designed apart from the rendering.

I'm working on a mod at the moment as well as a new map and I've just started University - so things are sort of slow... :(

Thanks for the nice comments... :)

MercyM
February 23, 2005, 6:01 pm
Heh, funny movie

lieroguy
February 24, 2005, 3:24 am
I'd suggest developing an animation for a much more gruesome death for Newbie Newberson. That's half the fun of soldat. Not just nocking the guy down, but sending his bleeding head flying across the battlefield.

Oliver Stannus
February 24, 2005, 4:00 am
Unfortunately Newbie Newberson's head wouldn't be detachable in Anim8or - it's only a simple program, you can't ask too much. I'll try and phase out those graphics though and use more 3DS Max stuff with some more jokes or something. The sight of the bleeding head would prolly be funny though ;)

-Claw-
February 24, 2005, 12:27 pm
9/10 - Only thing i don't like is too low volume in speech.. otherwise i would give 10/10 ;P

Rhombus
February 28, 2005, 1:06 pm
well, I think you can detach his head. Make 2 different things, the body, and the head. They should be able to move from eachother, just like that guy and the nade. Just make the head follow the body where it should be, and when you want to detach it, just make it go another way and his head flies of. Of course blood would be good