( search forums )
DDplayer 1.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
SS leader
January 26, 2005, 10:22 pm
Now i have DDplayer to play my demos I make but the problem is i do not know where to put the demo files I make because the demo files do not appear on the screen and just to tell you I have file logging on i dont know what it does and I also have Auto record on but whenever i play Soldat it doesnt start so i go back to the setup and it says its turned off im like wtf

{SnapShots} forever!

Deleted User
January 26, 2005, 10:37 pm
How to create a demo or video? - Written by Kazuki.

SS leader
January 26, 2005, 11:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by SS leaderNow i have DDplayer to play my demos I make but the problem is i do not know where to put the demo files I make because the demo files do not appear on the screen and just to tell you I have file logging on i dont know what it does and I also have Auto record on but whenever i play Soldat it doesnt start so i go back to the setup and it says its turned off im like wtf

You dont under stand!! it just doesnt add the demos to the DDplayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{SnapShots} forever!

Deleted User
January 27, 2005, 1:45 am
If I remember correctly, when you open DDPlayer, you can browse to the demo you want to play and choose it. If not, then you'll have to place the demos into the Soldat\Demo directory.

As for Auto-record not working, make sure you have it turned on in Config.exe

SS leader
January 27, 2005, 10:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliIf I remember correctly, when you open DDPlayer, you can browse to the demo you want to play and choose it. If not, then you'll have to place the demos into the Soldat\Demo directory.

As for Auto-record not working, make sure you have it turned on in Config.exe

hmmm i dont see a browse button and the auto record in the config is set to 1 and the timeing is set to 0 for the entire thing soo if anything comes up just tell me

Deleted User
January 27, 2005, 11:05 pm
Set your timing to something higher, such as 30 or 60 (in seconds).

SS leader
January 28, 2005, 1:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliSet your timing to something higher, such as 30 or 60 (in seconds).

still not getting anything but when i was seting up DDplayer and i turned auto logging on and saved and exited i went to config and suto log was already set to 1 and the recording was still 0 and auto logging is still turning off whenever i play soldat

Deleted User
January 28, 2005, 3:45 pm
I don't believe its going to record without having your timing set to something other than zero. Your settings should look like this in your Soldat.ini file.

Soldat.ini:
[GAME]
Auto_Record=1 (This turns auto-recording on. To turn it off, set it to zero.)
Record_Time=30 (This number is in seconds, as in, how many seconds the auto-record catches. In other words, if you play for 5 minutes, only the last 30 seconds would be recorded. You can set this to whatever you like.)

SS leader
January 29, 2005, 2:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliI don't believe its going to record without having your timing set to something other than zero. Your settings should look like this in your Soldat.ini file.

Soldat.ini:
[GAME]
Auto_Record=1 (This turns auto-recording on. To turn it off, set it to zero.)
Record_Time=30 (This number is in seconds, as in, how many seconds the auto-record catches. In other words, if you play for 5 minutes, only the last 30 seconds would be recorded. You can set this to whatever you like.)

yea i know that but it doesnt turn on....At all

Deleted User
January 29, 2005, 2:46 am
Is the file set to Read-only? If so, then it may not be saving your settings. Make sure the auto-record option in Config.exe is checked. It should work. Have you tried saving a demo yet?

SS leader
January 29, 2005, 4:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliIs the file set to Read-only? If so, then it may not be saving your settings. Make sure the auto-record option in Config.exe is checked. It should work. Have you tried saving a demo yet?

they settings save and all the recording was still 50 when i checked it but the autorecord was set to 0 and uh the only way i can save a demo files is to hit F8

(man this sucks)

Deleted User
January 29, 2005, 5:15 pm
Pressing F8 once should start recording, and pressing it again will end recording and save the demo, if I'm thinking correctly. If soldat.ini isn't already read-only, then change your settings to what we discussed above, save it, and mark it as read-only. Then give Soldat a try and see if it overwrites your settings again.

SS leader
January 29, 2005, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliPressing F8 once should start recording, and pressing it again will end recording and save the demo, if I'm thinking correctly. If soldat.ini isn't already read-only, then change your settings to what we discussed above, save it, and mark it as read-only. Then give Soldat a try and see if it overwrites your settings again.

Maybe it will work :P i'll try it

SS leader
January 29, 2005, 10:32 pm
still does not work at all but all i want is to play hte demos are the DDplayer

Deleted User
January 29, 2005, 11:58 pm
Then all you have to do is start DDPlayer, select the demo, and click Play. Check this thread here for more information.

SS leader
January 31, 2005, 7:20 pm
No the problem is I do not see a browse button or anything that could direct me to demo files I want to play

Deleted User
February 1, 2005, 1:58 am
Have you tried typing the demo name?

SS leader
February 1, 2005, 10:24 pm
You mean like uhh type in the demo name in the box?

Deleted User
February 1, 2005, 11:16 pm
Yeah, type your demo name in the box.

SS leader
February 2, 2005, 1:10 am
no does not work
should i put the demo files in the DDplayer file?

Deleted User
February 2, 2005, 2:58 am
The DDPlayer should be in your Soldat folder, by default, that is C:\Soldat. All you have to do is start DDPlayer and type in the name of your demo, then choose play. If its not working, then its probably not in the Soldat directory.

Kazuki
February 2, 2005, 4:42 am
Yes, you must put Diamond Demo Player in the Soldat directory. If you installed Soldat without changing your default directory, it should be "C:\Soldat". I'm sure you know how to move files. Do not put DDPlayer into C:\Soldat\Demos! That will not work. You need to put it in your main Soldat directory.

If it still doesn't work, you should just play the demo from Soldat. Click on the Join Game tab at the top of the screen. Type in 0 for the port and the demo's name in the IP box. Leave the password box blank and press Join Game.

Deleted User
February 2, 2005, 1:12 pm
Kazuki's 110% correct here. His Demo/Video tutorial explains how to play them at the bottom, so if you need any extra help, feel free to give it a review.

SS leader
February 2, 2005, 10:27 pm
The DDplayer folder has always been in the soldat directory and i dont want to play it on soldat i just want to play it on the DDplayer

b00stA
February 3, 2005, 2:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by SS leaderThe DDplayer folder has always been in the soldat directory and i dont want to play it on soldat i just want to play it on the DDplayer

DDplayer starts Soldat with certain parameters, so Soldat will play the demo, whether you use DDplayer or not.

SS leader
February 3, 2005, 10:24 pm
how does it play it?

Deleted User
February 4, 2005, 2:15 am
Demos/Videos

Look down at the bottom, as I said earlier. It will tell you how to play them.

SS leader
February 4, 2005, 1:04 pm
have to be online to play it?

b00stA
February 4, 2005, 1:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by SS leaderhave to be online to play it?

No.