( search forums )
god-flamer problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
zyxstand
January 27, 2005, 2:01 am
when i pick up flamer or someone else tries to flame me while the person being flamed runs away, it usually doens't hurt them which pisses me off.

also can u PLZ make the flamer reach further : )

The Geologist
January 27, 2005, 3:34 am
Learn to use the flame thrower better.

Unlucky 13
January 27, 2005, 4:44 am
There are other things that make me madder with flamer, like losing a weapon after loosing the powerup.

NightCabbage
January 30, 2005, 9:56 am
Yes, Flame God is REALLY problematic at the moment...

First off, it is a complete disadvantage in CTF and INF gametypes.

Second, you lose your secondary weapon if you pick up a flamer.

Third, the damn thing's all but useless half the time. Even if you flame someone's ass off, chances are they won't get hurt >_<

Needs a lot of work ;)

The Geologist
January 30, 2005, 12:34 pm
Those are good reasons (especially the second of the three..the only one I really have a problem with and have experienced, yet wasn't meantioned in the original topic..), but look at the flame thrower for a moment or two...even in real life it doesn't have the range of a gun, or anything close to it. It has a limited range, just like it does in the game. I think an idea like making the flame continually burn/hurt whoever you attack as flame god might be a better solution (someone suggested this recently).

Padulo
January 30, 2005, 1:10 pm
I'm totally agree with NightCabbage.
i think the main advantage of the flamer is the immortality.
but in CTF and INF you aren't immortal, and you have a crap weapon for about 30 seconds.
maybe in CTF and INF, flamer could become a one-hit-kill weapon?
advantages: you can easely reach the flag (a bonus must help the player!).
disadvantages: you aren't immortal, so if the enemies chase you and shoot keeping the distance, you're dead.
bah, i really don't know...