( search forums )
grenade hit prblm
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
zyxstand
January 27, 2005, 2:04 am
i no ppl have posted bout the problem that when they throw a nade at someone and it xplodes in the face it doesn't hurt them

i think that grenades should be rendered differently - instead of letting every computer load it the way they see it, the computer-host should tell the postion of the nade instead of tellin in what dierection and how strong it was shot. cuz it annoys the hell out of me seeing grenades totally miss me or when a nade is still on top of a polygon in front of me (as i see it) it actually hit me and i die wihtout seeing the nade actually hit me......

Unlucky 13
January 27, 2005, 5:44 am
Best. Idea. Ever, if this is an idea, this could help with lag, but laggers would have the message delayed to the server, like now.

NightCabbage
January 30, 2005, 9:54 am
The problem is that nades are slower moving, and they roll around on the ground.

The slower a projectile is, the more "fake hits" you will get.

So annoying getting killed by a nade or knife that misses you completely!

zyxstand
February 5, 2005, 11:57 pm
well from what i understood from what u said nightcabbage, i think that the problem is rather that every computer interprets a nade projectile independently istead of finding (either more exact) how the server actually thought it went - and also a problme tat occurs is that when a nade actually (according to server) explodes and u still see it lying htere, it'll explode afterwards and if u touch it u'll get blown away without losing health...or so i think

StormCrow
February 6, 2005, 2:24 am
This also happens with the barret an the m79, people see the bullet hit someone but they dont die.