( search forums )
Raijin's featured mods (Beta's and completed)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Raijin1999
January 27, 2005, 5:50 am
Currently, i'm looking for a host site other than Geocities for the mods i'm making. If I put them on Geo', the site will probably hit the daily limit too soon before people can check it out. If the mod is an acceptable limit for your email client, I can send you the mod via email if you like, just drop me an addy to send it to.

Featured mods
- - - - - - -
SWEMPIREDAT- Star Wars Imperial Stormtrooper vs Republic Clonetroopers mod

RAIJINSGUNSOUNDS- 106 gun sounds ripped from various wargames and other gun games

1- Starwars: Empire vs Old Republic
(Stormtroopers vs Clonetroopers)

Base uniform Gostek Color=White

Colors that appear on player uniforms=All

Goal= To allow players to pit Stormtroopers and Clonetroopers against each other in mortal ko...combat.

Alternate player choices= Helmet/Hat decides whether you want to play as a Epsilon-1 (Clone) or TK-421 (Wishes Vader wouldn't use him as target practice)

New Weapons= Yup
- - -
Colt= Han Solo's Blaster
Knife= Sith Saber
Chainsaw= Stun Stick
Law= Proton Torpedo Launcher
Deagles= Jango Fett's Blasters
MP5= IG-88's Blaster Rifle (or if you prefer, bounty hunter rifle)
AK-47= Imperial Blaster Rifle (E-11)
Barret= Tusken Sniper Rifle
Ruger= Wookiee Bowcaster (green laser style, for variety)
Shotgun= Imperial Scatter Gun
Grenade Launcher= Republic DEMP
Steyr= Republic Blaster Rifle
M249= Imperial Repeater
Minigun= Imperial Tripod Cannon (sans the tripod mounts)

New sounds= Gunsounds, some voices, tweaks to various other sounds, and some kept the same for the first release. (to get it out there in 'playable' form)

Weapons menu= Working on this as I type. For now, there's just a few. In about an hour, they'll be complete.

Interface= Naw. I haven't done any interface modding, but i'll get to it eventually. Starwars is an easy format to emulate.

Maps= None new. Will get to Hoth and Kamino in time.

Plans for next release= Revamps of the above mentioned, and anything you guys find could use tweakage. Though Soldat does not currently support vehicles, I did want to make a map where say, a stationary AT-ST could exist, and people could get in. The firing area will be only collide with players, so a player could hide inside and re-enact the AT-ST shooting though the gun ports. Naturally, the more players inside the AT-ST, the more variety of weapons it'll shoot. It'll also mean that a well placed grenade in the cockpit will kill all y'all. Will do the same for Snowspeeder and various other workable vehicles/structures when mapping is mastered.

The white over black armor may seem a bit heavy in terms of black areas. This is to test out whether or not the main body mixes well with both Clone and Imperial style uniforms. Tweaks will be made at request if deemed necessary.

Screenshots within the hour.

EDIT: Completed, uploading files. Link soon. Pics soon.

Raijin1999
January 27, 2005, 7:13 am
Good god, that took forever. F***ing geocities.

http://us.share.geocities.com/raijin1999/SWEMPIREDAT.zip

Hope it works. Right click on this link and click 'save target as'.

To install, copy your soldat directory, then rename it to "SW E vs R"
Or whatever you want, then replace files with the files in the zips.

Remember, bandwidth is limited each day. If you can't get it immediately, try again in an hour. Sorry about this, I will find a more accessible host in time.

Damn, I messed with the gui on my computer last week, so most game menu text is scrambled for some reason. If you can't see the menu's in the game, it's probably because I misaltered one of the text files containing the menu text. Copy the txt folder's contents from your original Soldat game, and replace them with the one in this mod. The weapon names do appear, however. You may want to keep those, but if they don't appear or give you problems, overwrite them at will.

PICS: 2 so far, I need to make new bots. My current bots are all Gundam-ized and are more than one standard color. IOW: Can't use them in screenies yet.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Unlucky 13
January 27, 2005, 8:11 am
Why dont you use m00`'s file uploader? It is a good alternative and as it is from a Soldat players page, its gonna be better for the community!

Defintly a nice mod, you look like you worked hard, I'll download it once you upload it to m00`'s or somewhere, Geocities sucks, and the speed is worse!

Shivorken
January 27, 2005, 9:56 am
hmm ... by the looks of it, the mod is very very well done :D GJ!!!

Btw, link doesn't work :(

Host your mod at this site, has always worked for me http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/index.php

m00`
January 27, 2005, 10:03 am
no no m00net is a lot better place to host your files as unlucky_13 said :P http://m00.u13.net

Tha Doggfather
January 27, 2005, 1:02 pm
Looks really nice

Teh Panda
January 27, 2005, 3:40 pm
Very nice. I like it. This is the StarWars mod i have been expecting.

Raijin1999
January 27, 2005, 9:50 pm
Okeedoke. Uploaded it to m00's site. Renamed it to "SWEMPIREDATm00Style.zip" It's kinda near the top. http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/
Thanks for the host linkage guys. Hope ya like it. Think i'll mess around with plans for a Hoth map.

Rambo_6
January 27, 2005, 9:53 pm
It looks good, but Starwars sucks. :P

Raijin1999
January 27, 2005, 9:56 pm
*cry cry* Maybe that's why it's survived the test of time.

Though the first three movies Lucas is doing, yeah, they suck. Buncha suckiest sucks that ever sucked. Anyway, maybe i'll do an Ewok mod next. :P

Magniitude
January 28, 2005, 12:32 am
The original ones are good; the new ones take forever to make and suck in the end. The mod looks really good, the gosteks look amazing.

Raijin1999
January 28, 2005, 3:55 am
I still think there may be a bit too much black areas on the body armor. I'll mess with this in my own spare time and release a makeover-gostek zipfile to patch it over.

There is a problem, well, was on my computer. I got my text working after upgrading my OS. The "default" text file was empty, so menu text doesn't appear. So to correct this, simply copy the default text from the original soldat game and replace this empty one. This text file contains all the menu text and the like, and fixes the problem nicely.

The Imperial Repeater bolt looks too ugly. I may turn it into a yellow laser or minilaser. Also, anybody want the saber color to be changed to something both sides can use, Seeing how the Empire was pretty much EVIL, and the Republic was more or less a simple army.
I was thinking yellow or orange. They seem to mach up with both sides.

Note: the pics of the map up there in the screenies are of a Castlevania map I am working on. ;P

Deleted User
January 28, 2005, 2:31 pm
GooD JoB Raijin1999 ^^ I like your mode but i don't like Star Wars :S

Melba
January 28, 2005, 3:01 pm
nice.

Raijin1999
January 29, 2005, 8:18 am
(PS- Anybody wanna use the gun SFX for other mods, feel free)

StormCrow
January 29, 2005, 8:23 am
that mod looks awesome, the player skin is l33t

Raijin1999
January 29, 2005, 11:42 am
*The Raijin kitty jumps around*
Looky looky!

Okay, I made some uniform color (single color per suit) bots. Reminiscent of Starwars: Battlefront. They are uploaded to Moo's site. Lemme see. Oh, both files are right next to each other on the list. Groovy.

So, I forgot to put in dark dark grey uniforms for the tie pilots. I forgetteted.
But the swamp trooper battalion (green stormtroopers) are in there, carrying their hit and fade strong arm weapons, sniper groups on both sides, blue groups for clones- a la Republic Commando, and others. Dark Trooper's too. Accuracy is set to 75% or better on all troops (slightly worse on Stormtroopers, cuz yunno, they could NEVER aim, but I was a tad lenient on 'em, though stormies carry a slightly more varied arsenal). Anyway, it's nonstop blaster fire of all kinds, now if I could only dish out a StarWarsish map to pit them on. Also uploaded a laser bolt for the m249.
Drop that file "STARWARSEMPIREDATm249-bullet" into your weapons-gfx folder to replace the 'too transparent' current bullet.

Svirin Kerath
February 13, 2005, 5:46 pm
very nice work, Rai. i didn't know you liked star wars too. ^_^

Raijin1999
March 8, 2005, 11:54 pm
Just spent a good 5 hours ripping and resampling these sounds.

~106 Gunsounds~
I cleaned them up best I could, and got them down to a great filesize/quality balance. They are formatted as Microsoft ADPCM WAV files, while still maintaining the 48khz quality.

Gun sounds ripped from some o' my PS2 games. Here's where they are from (you can tell from the abbreviations preceding each sound)-

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (missing some)
Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm (missing 2 that got real messed up when editing)
Rainbow Six 3
Metal Gear Solid 3 (missing some)
KILLZONE (I need Helghan sniper rifle sound! Where can I find the gun in multiplayer? Anyone know?)
Resident Evil: Outbreak (missing some)
Timesplitters 2 (Didn't copy things like the fire extinguisher, brick, etc.)

More to come in batch 2:
Mercenaries
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Beater
RE: Outbreak
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost Recon: JS
Gundam: Lost War Chronicles
Run Like Hell
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3

Credit goes to Raijin Kitty, M00net, and said games if used in mods plz. =^~^=

File can be found on M00net> http://m00.u13.net/

Under "RaijinsGundsoundsBatch01"

*link- http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/?act=dl&file=UmFpamluc0d1bmRzb3VuZHNCYXRjaDAxLnppcA==

......yes, I noticed the first "D" in gundsounds... Mah head hurt after all that editing and window dragging. @.@

papasurf31
March 9, 2005, 1:23 am
Very Nice, but i can't see it very clearly becasue the screen on my laptop is so dark.

Raijin1999
March 9, 2005, 1:50 am
You might be able to adjust the display settings for gamma correction in the video adapters advanced section.

SPARTAN_III
March 9, 2005, 11:38 am
return of the jedi was the best IMO.....

that is a nice mod, but i have never liked starwars mods for some odd reason

MercyM
March 9, 2005, 1:11 pm
Cool one.

Ravey
March 10, 2005, 9:16 pm
[IMAGE]
Naked Snake gostek I created awhile back, just incase you need it for your MGS mod. :)

Raijin1999
March 11, 2005, 7:12 am
Lol. On the topic of metal gear 3, I ripped that whole converstaion between Snake and Sigint about the 'naked' scheme. I'll go ahead and include it in the second sound release. That outta make for a pretty strange computer shutdown sound. :P

March 11, 2005, 2:21 pm
That_snake_rocks. It simply rocks. But, why did u put a p90?

SPARTAN_III
March 12, 2005, 10:59 am
so we can make him hold it :p

EDIT: ravey, can u send me those gosteks cos it pwnzors! and the p90 weaponpack would be nice

March 12, 2005, 11:02 am
shaddup. Honestly, im really looking forward to weaps. Have u made em yet? I still cant think of a replacement for a spas. No shotguns in mgs

Raijin1999
March 22, 2005, 8:30 am
Well, there were shotguns in MGS2 and 3. 3's I still need to get the sound for, with a few others like the Scorpion's. MGS2, some of the alert mode heavy guards had shotguns, and would blast ya with them. Could tear locker doors down with one shot if you tried to hide in them. I still need to decide on what weps' to include from the entire series thus far. Maybe i'll change the colt to the monkey ball blaster. :3