( search forums )
Soldat - Machinima
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Nath
January 27, 2005, 8:04 am
Ok guys. I've wanted to make a machinima of some sort of game for a while now. In case some people don't know what machinima is, either you can go to redvsblue.com and download one of their videos or I can summarize it here. Machinima is a kind of animation. It uses video games to act out scripts like a movie with an extremely low budget. :P

Anyway, as I mentioned, I have had many ideas to carry out machinima. The original UT doesn't work with my Video Capturing Program. Halo/Halo 2 required a Video Capture Card/Firewire Card and a computer with enough space to hold [IMAGE]loads of big files.

I posessed none of these qualities. :P I work on a laptop.

Okay, now lets look at the million advantages Soldat has:

-Ability to record Demos
-Free Internet Servers... Saves me from getting a [IMAGE]load of computers in my room...
-Loads of really awesome weapons, plus the ability to drop them
-The jetpack/jet feet/whatever its called
-Very customizable characters
-GUN TURRETS :D
-The ability to make your character lie down, crawl, roll

But it comes with its disadvantages. It's 2D, for one. But hey, I can live with that and maybe put it into the script somehow.

This machinima, if I get it together, will have a storyline of some sort, lots of action :D, and more.

It will be made entirely by Australians. It will probably be me and a few friends, but we may need help from people over the internet in the Soldat Community. Script writers, actors, people to just help us in general (Which map should we use? What would be something kickass to put in?)

It will probably be released in episodes, and hell, if we get well-known enough, why not a movie? I've always been a big fan of and had lots of plans for Machinima.

Anyone like the idea?

Unlucky 13
January 27, 2005, 8:30 am
LOL! Thats what the QE2 movie is, but yeah, I am always in to movies! It would be cool if we could remake a real movie... to bad for copyrights.

Nath
January 27, 2005, 10:17 am
Yeah. Well, all of the movies I've seen are just OMGLOLPWNAGE U GOT KILLED LOLOL. Kill, frag, slowmo headshot, more frags. Sure, you're good, but frankly, I want to watch a real movie made with Soldat. >:(

So, instead of watching... I'll make one...

MOFO NOFO
January 27, 2005, 2:46 pm
ever heard of project x, because thats a real movie, its as real as any soldat movie will get.

b00stA
January 27, 2005, 3:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOever heard of project x, because thats a real movie, its as real as any soldat movie will get.

"Real"? It doesn't have a plot, no characters, nothing. It's just tricks and random clips.

Nath
January 27, 2005, 3:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOever heard of project x, because thats a real movie, its as real as any soldat movie will get.

Sure, it had a nifty trick at the start. Unfortunately, that doesnt qualify as a storyline. I'm talking a real storyline. Not just random tricks and other stuff like that. Im getting sick of random tricks and omgsuper1337 multi kill x2's. How about we leave those techniques alone for at least one day and produce something other than consistent gunfire. Damn.

Teh Panda
January 27, 2005, 4:00 pm
Tried many times before... Never really happened.

MOFO NOFO
January 27, 2005, 4:41 pm
look what happened to public soldat productions.. and even my new movie QE2 isnt going as fast as planned, movies with story lines dont work much, because no1 can be bothered or all the hassle and stuff, thats why i said project x is as 'real' as any soldat movie will ever get.. until mine comes out :)

Deleted User
January 28, 2005, 9:16 am
That's why he's doing it with his friends, rather than a load of people from the forums who, in the end, can't be bothered. :)

Nath
January 28, 2005, 10:58 am
Yeah, okay Mofo Nofo, I see your point now... But you wouldn't believe how much me and my friends have wanted to do machinima for ages. And Soldat is the best way to do it. :)

MOFO NOFO
January 28, 2005, 2:16 pm
heh thats what ive started doing with my movie, because anyone from the forums USUALLY never goes on enough o.O

Nath
January 31, 2005, 9:16 pm
Ok sweet, we're in the middle of making a trailer. Maybe in a month or two that'll be done. We got school again and we don't like to rush.

Liber_Lupus
February 1, 2005, 3:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOheh thats what ive started doing with my movie, because anyone from the forums USUALLY never goes on enough o.O

perhaps you should have made certain times we have to be online you lovely lovely person

Edited flaming - Stalky

Chakra
February 1, 2005, 4:39 pm
I know what you mean Nath. Lot of soldat movies are just tricks, I ain't even bothered checking Project X or anything like that.

Silly movie makers, tricks are for kids!

S'why I always try to spice up the quickies I make with something different, and always appreciate anything Urhos makes. Good luck to you man.

MOFO NOFO
February 1, 2005, 8:57 pm
im always online..... i mean that no-one is on at the SAME time.. its not asif i only need 1 or 2 ppl.. i need like 5, and that many people is hard to get in at one time. (lol lovely lovely person(i doubt that:/)....

KnOt
February 2, 2005, 4:06 pm
Pfftt.. Chakra, you expect me to believe you never watched ProjectX? .. HA!

Go for it Nath .. :Q

Nath
February 3, 2005, 4:48 am
Thanks for the support guys. It will feature a few tricks, but most of it (Like 80%) will be plot development and stuff like that. Problem is, FRAPS ain't working on my computer. It produces movies in some 5h1tty codec that doesnt work regardless of how many times Ive run the installation. So the trailer may not be in as good quality as I'd like. But hey, it still works.

We will need a few helpers, however. You don't need to be able to play Soldat and you don't need to be remotely near Aussie. Stuff like Voice Acting, people to help with script writing, stuff like that. We may need lots of voice actors, one per character, so yeah. You got to have a good microphone too.

PS: Chakra, watch Project X. Although its just tricks and kills, they're damn good. :P

Deleted User
February 3, 2005, 5:05 pm
Chakra should help you with script writing, he's good at that kinda stuff. At least, I get that impression from his Soldat Adventures.

papasurf31
February 3, 2005, 9:54 pm
so, is this gona be like redvsblue except for soldat instead of Halo? Is it gonna be funny or just action and shooting and matrix ripoff crap?

Gen0cide
February 5, 2005, 4:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
Silly movie makers, tricks are for kids!

Lmfao!!!!
And I think this is a good idea,but I'm not australian ..I know you dont have to be,but what about server lag?Or are we using someone elses>.<
I can't wait to see how this turns out. If i help or not.

Nath
February 7, 2005, 9:48 am
papasurf - Its going to be like RedVsBlue. Not really all out comedy, there will be some but I want to focus on the plot. There -may- be a little bit of matrix stuff but its not kill kill kill kill.

Deleted User
February 7, 2005, 11:45 pm
I hope your non-trick movie turns out good. I'd like to make a movie but I like to work alone. That's why I only do comics, only need me and meh photoshop. Good luck with this Nath.

MOFO NOFO
February 8, 2005, 8:14 am
u can make movies on ur own, look at my movie, Whats Up Doc? (called, a new short movie) i did it on my own and with ms paint..