( search forums )
falling bullets
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SPARTAN_III
January 27, 2005, 9:37 am
some people like to shoot a spas or oter grv affected weapon in the air and watch bullets rain down on people. i think that if you are hurt by a falling bullet (not m79 or law) it should not do damage. alo i think the spas should not be affected by gravity so much

Mysterio
January 27, 2005, 4:13 pm
granted.
MM should atleast remove 70% of the power the bullets have when bullets fall.
we should inform MM with this, but from what i have noticed from the past 2 years, MM goes online maybe once a week.

mar77a
January 27, 2005, 4:21 pm
Mmm, nice idea, but i disagree in the Spas thing...

Jaz
January 27, 2005, 5:02 pm
This could decrease autos spray aloooot. nice idea.

kkazican
January 27, 2005, 5:38 pm
I don't like the idea. i enjoy having bullets rain down upon my head.

STEELIX
January 27, 2005, 6:33 pm
augh, the power left in the spas bullets when they reach the ground is already very close to no damage at all...

The Geologist
January 27, 2005, 7:54 pm
Meh...a nice thought, but not needed. We're talking about shooting up into the air and letting the bullets rain down, not auto spray. A bullet falling from the sky would hurt you in real life, so why not on here? Don't really see this too often..

STEELIX
January 27, 2005, 9:13 pm
It's near to useless with spas, there's more than enough time to get out of the way of the bullets...

zyxstand
January 27, 2005, 9:13 pm
i rly don like this idea. it would be hard to determine when a bullet would be considered "falling" in ur case.
however u could do if gun is launched at angle of over 45 degrees and are now falling, it would do no damage when it reaches half its maximumly reached height (measured from initial height of bullets). maybe even work it out to smoothen that out so that it gets weaker gradually and so tat at half way down it'll have 0 hurt.

MOFO NOFO
January 27, 2005, 9:27 pm
if you remove falling bullets, how are people supposed to shoot from high places?<sarcasm> might as well take bink off the barret while your at it o.O</sarcasm>

zyxstand
January 27, 2005, 9:32 pm
if u read what i wrote it clearly answers ur (first) concern

Boer
January 27, 2005, 9:44 pm
there should just be a cut-off point in the speed of the bullets where "it wont pierce skin" - hence not do any damage.

kkazican
January 27, 2005, 10:46 pm
A bullet is travelling over the speed of sound so in real life when would it NOT pierce the skin? This suggestion is useless and just another whiny excuse to degrade the game.

Chakra
January 27, 2005, 10:56 pm
Pretty stupid idea if you ask me...however something like having a bit more dramatic decrease in power the further your bullets go might not be bad. Although that'd promote in-fighting a bit.

zarstar
January 28, 2005, 12:10 am
I think it's a REAL idea..for more realism..and no stupidity in the game...

The Geologist
January 28, 2005, 12:17 am
You need to take a look at your understanding of the realistic movement of objects (bullets) and basic physics. Either that, or talk to someone who's been hurt by a falling bullet and tell them their injury wasn't realistic. Your call.

Marine
January 28, 2005, 3:59 am
I think part of the fun with SPAS is firing over hills to rain on enemies, or using it as artillery. But this idea is just plain silly, definite no-no.

Unlucky 13
January 28, 2005, 5:02 am
The damned Spas is a weapon that has bullets falling too quickly after barrel shot, so I think its a no-go. If you are trying to stop spray, it doesn't help, sprayers use hilltops and shoot from them.

CamBot
January 28, 2005, 5:12 am
Ugh...
No, I like my spas and if the speed effected the bullet that would make the gun pretty useless and it would be hardly used.

SPARTAN_III
January 28, 2005, 8:50 am
i dont mean only with the spas. i once had som guy shooting hkmp5 bullets up into the air-and they came down on me. most annoying. also this can happen like if u try and kill someone above u with the god forsaken us socom, and the bullet comes down on u-it should do less dmg

and yes, if you shoot them downwards, dont remove the dmg at all. i mean if u shoot them up and THEN they fall down

KnOt
January 29, 2005, 11:59 pm
Nein.. I like planning for it to 'let it rain' down on my enemy :Q ... Helps to make little barret campers move spot.. If they stay in one place long enough, I can kill em with 'rain'.. :F

Leo Da Lunerfox
January 30, 2005, 2:15 am
The problem with your suggestion SPARTAN_III, is because it doesn't follow the simpliest physics rules at all. Lemme give you an example. (NO wind resistence here) If you throw a ball upwards at a force of 100 (Bullet starting speed), as it flies up, it'll slowly lose energy at 9.8 m/s (Bullet slowing down). So after 10 seconds or so, the ball comes to a stop (A point where the bullet does no damage: Even this is present in Soldat. Try getting a friend to shoot a barret straight upwards. When it stops, you can get hit by it and not get damaged.) Then it comes back down, gaining 9.8m/s until it hits the floor. So the question is, why would that hurt any less if compared to a normal shot?

Of course, tiny factors would also have to be considered into the game, such as the Soldier's moving speed and direction, as well as the parts that it hit...etc.

Deleted User
January 31, 2005, 1:52 am
Horrible idea! How would the spas even be usefull then? Unless you want a super acurate spas that shoots out it's pellits like a god damn ruger than no the falling damage stays.

Deleted User
January 31, 2005, 2:45 am
quote:Originally posted by kkazicanA bullet is travelling over the speed of sound so in real life when would it NOT pierce the skin?

When it stops.

Anyways I think this idea is horrible. People die from falling bullets. That's one of the reasons why you're not allowed to have firing ranges in residential areas. Stray bullets kill people all the time, though most deaths aren't causes by someone shooting straight up into the air.

MakroX
February 1, 2005, 1:24 am
remove AUTO hurt from raining bullets? NO it makes it unrealistic. but remove it and leave it just for teammates dmg ON and realistic mode. and it should do nice damage, since they fall.. as faster the falling speed is, the more damage it should do.. like knife.

Deleted User
February 13, 2005, 8:55 am
i must ask, is the damage of a bullet directly proportional to its velocity in soldat?

Captain Ben
February 13, 2005, 9:05 am
no, because you can watch the bullets in soldat, but they still go really fast, so you can't get out of the way;)

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 13, 2005, 10:17 am
Actually, the damage you get from each bullet IS proportional to its speed, if you were hit by a barret bullet that is fired directly upwards for a few screens, it shouldn't hurt at all, same for rickocheted bullets, they do less damage.

Niff
February 14, 2005, 6:24 am
What would the MP5 users do without their stream of crouch fire to a camper?

Michal Marcinkowski
February 14, 2005, 1:24 pm
The spas is not used as frequent as the other weapons and this is a funny advantage that you get when using it.

FliesLikeABrick
February 14, 2005, 4:06 pm
the whole point of games using realistic or semi realistic physics is the fact that the speed of projectiles is that projectiles do accelerate downwards, as you guys have seen the effects of it in soldat

Captain Ben
February 16, 2005, 11:28 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiThe spas is not used as frequent as the other weapons and this is a funny advantage that you get when using it.

actually, me and a fair few other players use the spaz more than any other weapon.
back to the topic, as someone said above me, shooting downward would be totally pointless, unless at point-blanc.
anyways, it's not like barret bullets come back down again.

also, michal m, do you ever actually play soldat?