( search forums )
Waypoint Racing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Freekill
January 27, 2005, 1:37 pm
I've got this idea to play soldat in a different way from splattering blood all over the place.

Why not we have maps that test a mapmaker's waypointing skills? And have some competition by seeing who can waypoint a bot to tranverse the map in the quickest times?

The objective is to show off your waypoint skills, and/or improve them via friendly competition.

Maybe the procedure can be like this:
1.A mapmaker makes a waypoint racing map.
2.He then posts it in a new thread in a forum where such maps are allowed(eg, bot forum, new maps). Title would be something like "Race-Name of Map".
3.In the thread, an overview of the map, some comments and the map download itself is provided. at the bottom, there's a "Best times" section.
4.Challengers then views the map and d/l it.
5.Challengers are to waypoint the map, send 1 bot thru it and record a demo, then post the demo back in the thread(they may include the lap time they've recorded.)
6.The maker of the map is to d/l the demo, verify the time the bot taken (using a stopwatch or some other timer). Other users can also d/l the demo to verify times.
7.He is then to list the best time taken and the person who waypointed the bot under the "best times" part of his 1st post.

Other possible rules:
-Maps are to be of INF mode. Bots are to capture the objective and return it to the goal.
-Time recorded starts after the bot passes by the goal, and ends when the bot returns the objective to the goal.
-Since mapmakers prolly can't moderate their little challenges forever, they can specify a deadline for submissions.

Of course...This idea needs approval from the mods, and ppl intrested in it first.

bb_vb
January 27, 2005, 1:43 pm
Utterly brilliant idea, I'm all for it.

Deleted User
January 27, 2005, 6:24 pm
uhmmm...i already done that..i made a map...*not fixing shading or anything..just making it haaaaaard to waypoint*

i thinking on it but not posting :/