( search forums )
skin color doesnt save!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
MakroX
January 27, 2005, 8:38 pm
ok i tried many times to change my skin to invisible.. i was green before updatin 1.2 to 1.2.1.. but now i couldnt even return my skin to normal unless i get to player options and choose between white, dark, and black. then it changed to normal.

i use soldat skin color change 2.5 blablabla.. and it doesnt work?

i see in soldat.ini the "skin color= 16777356" or something like that. i wonder what number is for invisible? thx for the help.

note: if u didnt understand wut i said, plz ask and dont insult me sorry for being a forum noob >.>

mar77a
January 27, 2005, 11:47 pm
I didn't understand very well...on ver 1.2.0, you had invisible skin, but now in 1.2.1 you don't, cause you can't?

Deleted User
January 28, 2005, 2:19 am
Search.

If you don't know how to use Search, click here.

Karvinen
January 28, 2005, 5:37 pm
The value is 32636927
SSCC doesn't work, if you drag the "invisiblity" slider to right side of the window, your head becomes visible in predator mode.

NightCabbage
January 30, 2005, 9:47 am
I'm guessing the problem is this:

SSCC requires the location of your soldat.ini file. If this location (at the top of the SSCC window) is incorrect, it will not save over your current settings.

Make sure it is pointing to the right place (usually something like C:\Soldat\soldat.ini)

Karvinen
January 31, 2005, 9:14 pm
edited

MakroX
February 1, 2005, 12:26 am
ok thanks. actually, SSCC didnt work at all. but meh.. doesnt matter. why is so good to change skin? being black or white, its the same =P
and cabbage, im not an idiot -_-. anyways, thx. bye

NightCabbage
February 1, 2005, 2:37 am
:/

Karv - I was replying to the message from MakroX.
Your message did not help him, so I gave it a shot myself.

MarkroX - I never said you were an idiot. However, that was the most likely possibility, in fact I'm still not sure if you've got it set right.
The fact is, SSCC is a very simple program. As long as you have it pointing to the right place, it WILL edit the soldat.ini file. And given that you said it was NOT editing this file, you can pretty much figure out what the problem is.

Also, you don't have soldat.ini set to read only or something like that...?

MakroX
February 3, 2005, 6:44 pm
it is not read only. it is not working, it does change its value on the soldat.ini but when i start soldat it didnt change its color and when i check soldat.ini again it already went back to its normal value. so its useless.. =\ wut should i do?

Deleted User
February 3, 2005, 7:06 pm
Are you using profiles?.. that may cause a problem if you're registered. For example, you could be changing the skin color for one of your Soldat profiles, and then loading the other.

MakroX
February 4, 2005, 4:40 am
hmm.. hey that sounds like the answer.. ill try to do something =\ thx lazuli